Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ives
Jan 30, 2011
I was by a gym today and I never noticed how exhibitionistic they are. The big windows and the big mirrors. Scantily clad hot people groan and sweat while passersby look upon their bodies engaged in a pseudo sexual act. And I realized, this is why people watch the boring rear end Olympics.Just work out in your basement like a decent, repressed WASP you goddamn pervs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

What kind of dummy would pay money to do manual labor?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

the mirror helps maintain proper form and also i do penile kegels in my spandex when i lift and i like to watch in the mirror

:shrug: its a good compound exercise

Ives
Jan 30, 2011

Pawn 17 posted:

What kind of dummy would pay money to do manual labor?

What i find interesting, is that the space previously occupied in shopping malls by Targets and Walmarts are now gyms. It seems the growth of online retail has created a real estate void of massive square footage that is occupied by various services. There are a whole bunch of nail salons and other service based businesses in what was previously the place that sold jewelry to juggalos. There's a tedious Marxist critique of capitalism in there somewhere but I'll be buggered to find it.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
what the gently caress is a basement

Ives
Jan 30, 2011

Statutory Ape posted:

the mirror helps maintain proper form and also i do penile kegels in my spandex when i lift and i like to watch in the mirror

:shrug: its a good compound exercise

You aren't the only one watching :ck5:

Ives
Jan 30, 2011

Cubone posted:

what the gently caress is a basement

Do I really need to explain the concept of a basement to a goon?

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I simulate cross-country skiing on my NordicTrack in my basement, which is the underground level of my home.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Ives posted:

if you can't answer the question than you shouldn't have brought it up wise rear end

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
I spend most of my time in a basement profusely sweating from sitting in a soiled office chair

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

What the gently caress is an annual membership maintenance fee!!!!!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why don’t ppl just have sex instead of working around all the important muscle groups? Like call me when you can juice a lime with you’re bhole, like oh yeah I’m working my triceps nobody cares about your triceps idiot it’s just the rear end. :butt:

Zev
Apr 3, 2009
I said gently caress it to the gym thing and instead purchased thousands of dollars worth of equipment for my garage gym. It’ll pay for itself in like 5 more years.

But now I have a straight bar and round plates and who can really put a dollar value on happiness.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
As long as they got insertion Pilates, jazzercise, and a steam room it’s probably better than a lovely little bench in a basement. :shrug:

Ives
Jan 30, 2011

Cubone posted:

if you can't answer the question than you shouldn't have brought it up wise rear end

From Merriam-Webster Online:

Definition of Basement
1 : the part of a building that is wholly or partly below ground level
2 : the ground floor facade or interior in Renaissance architecture
3 : the lowest or fundamental part of something
specifically : the rocks underlying stratified rocks
4 chiefly New England : a toilet or washroom especially in a school
5a : a low state, rank, or condition
With their stock in the basement and red ink all over their balance sheet, many struggling [companies] are finding that fund-raising has become an exceedingly difficult proposition.
—Brad Stone
b : the lowest place in the standings : CELLAR sense 2
Last year, the Phillies finished in the basement of the NL East with 68 wins, tied with the Cubs for the fewest wins in the league.
—Boston Herald
6: the quality of Cubone's posts

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Ives posted:

From Merriam-Webster Online:

Definition of Basement
1 : the part of a building that is wholly or partly below ground level
2 : the ground floor facade or interior in Renaissance architecture
3 : the lowest or fundamental part of something
specifically : the rocks underlying stratified rocks
4 chiefly New England : a toilet or washroom especially in a school
5a : a low state, rank, or condition
With their stock in the basement and red ink all over their balance sheet, many struggling [companies] are finding that fund-raising has become an exceedingly difficult proposition.
—Brad Stone
b : the lowest place in the standings : CELLAR sense 2
Last year, the Phillies finished in the basement of the NL East with 68 wins, tied with the Cubs for the fewest wins in the league.
—Boston Herald
6: the quality of Cubone's posts

so you don't know basically

Ives
Jan 30, 2011

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Why don’t ppl just have sex instead of working around all the important muscle groups? Like call me when you can juice a lime with you’re bhole, like oh yeah I’m working my triceps nobody cares about your triceps idiot it’s just the rear end. :butt:

But what if you were in a horrible accident where u lost ur but but then by mirical of modern science they repaced ur but with tris and delts. One world gym membership please Im going to be instagram famous.

Ives
Jan 30, 2011

Cubone posted:

so you don't know basically

basically

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Jim's member.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ives posted:

Maybe it's a Florida goon.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
basements have sump pumps but im Florida goon now and I have no sump pump but I do have toads that piss all over me when I pick them up to get them out of my garage

Cubone
May 26, 2011

let it mellow posted:

basements have sump pumps but im Florida goon now and I have no sump pump but I do have toads that piss all over me when I pick them up to get them out of my garage

what the gently caress is a garage

Ives
Jan 30, 2011

let it mellow posted:

What is Florida garage? is it where the gators eat the meth?

edit: you son of a bitch

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ives posted:

But what if you were in a horrible accident where u lost ur but but then by mirical of modern science they repaced ur but with tris and delts. One world gym membership please Im going to be instagram famous.

:thunk: triceps for a butt. I’ll pass and go for a hard white plastic rear end.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Cubone posted:

where the piss toads go

Cubone
May 26, 2011

let it mellow posted:

where the piss toads go

oh

Ives
Jan 30, 2011

:thunk: triceps for a butt. I’ll pass and go for a hard white plastic rear end.

i have boner *mclovin voice*

ProSlayer
Aug 11, 2008

Hi friend
The big windows are to let natural sunlight in.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Gyms are for homosexuals and the homeless, I'm not into dudes and have a shower at home so home work outs for me.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's pronounced guym.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I piss in the shower at the gym. Every. drat Day.

Also, I like treadmills because it feels like I'm a race car running on an engine dyno and all the hot girls wandering around are the race queens watching me over rev my monster engine.

Also, i have a ranch house so no basement for gym :(

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Having sex would take away time from lifting weights tho. In immortal words of Arnold Schwarzenegger, paraphrased of course, "every time you lift, you cum"

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I work out by jerkin' my friggin' crank.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

anyone who goes to the gym will be sentenced to the guillotine after the revolution.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I live in a tiny flat with no basement or garage

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Is this a gym?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0eS3zC3Jco

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cubone posted:

A car hole

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."

Zev posted:

I said gently caress it to the gym thing and instead purchased thousands of dollars worth of equipment for my garage gym. It’ll pay for itself in like 5 more years.

But now I have a straight bar and round plates and who can really put a dollar value on happiness.

if i owned property or made enough money to get that poo poo moved around I would die for my own gym. jelly.

i go to a ymca in an older building and the gym is actually in the basement. its pretty nice. :) well actually it doesnt have parking, and its downtown so that blows.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Why spend money you don't have to? I have a four hour shake weight routine I do in the park, rain or shine. Tight clothes are mandatory due to the inherint dangers of shake weighting. And bright colors alert bystanders to my movements, natch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Gym is the child person Elon Musk is having sex with

• Locked thread