Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
hello yes I would like to play

now excuse me whilst I pray to RNGsus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Hello Xad! Obviously take your time to catch up, but did you get something delivered to you by chance last night?

Hello everybody I'm still catching up but nnnno I don't think I've received anything

and if we ever come across a river: ALWAYS FORD THE RIVER

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Asphyxious posted:

- replacement
- Xad

3000% scum

I didn't realize being a replacement made me less scummy

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Do we get anything for just searching for ourselves? I assume no, and it's only whoever searches with help and the one-shot is the only reward, but wanted to make sure.

hambeet posted:

bif's approaching today ticking off team aussie, first me, now gaspy. i've got this impression of bif going through her checklist of what makes bif look town.

I've had a similar gut feeling about bif's posts all game (well, the whole time I was catching up at least), it's not like her posts are explicitly scummy, but they seem like bif doing a bif impersonation, which seems like a confusing thing for town to do

Bifauxnen posted:

sometimes I think Mafia isn't really about casing, it's about letting out all your aggression into punishing people for not interpreting reality the way you do

Bifauxnen posted:

you can't even tell when I am literally writing a post ABOUT myself god

these two posts in particular stick out to me as being very, uh, meta-self-conscious

I'm pretty ok with voting BK later today, nobody else seems to be defending them or refuting the parrotclaim

Before asiina had dead-posted about a bird (kinda confirming that it was her I guess? Is that allowed?) I was worried it might've been a scum announcement ability, like in Prey maf. Though in that game it was used for much more hilarious and less productive purposes

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

TMMadman posted:

So do you think that the Bif/BK fight was actually a scum/scum fight?

And then they both publicly backed off each other so obviously?

bah wait gently caress, I literally forgot that BK was the one bif got in a fight with d1 :doh:

why are there so many similar names in this game

MMT/TMM
BK/KB
IS/IP

who did this

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

hambeet posted:

i literally had the bold bit written out and changed it to what i eventually posted.

lmao

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

TMMadman posted:

I mean I guess we could been in a scum/SK game and the scum team got unlucky and their kill got blocked while an SK BK killed Asiina since she was the most vocal that BK was scum.

That could let Bif be scum and the Bif/BK fight was scum/SK fighting and the rest of us just didn't know it.

I think that's overcomplicating things a bit

at least at this point in the game (only one kill per night, and only D2), a SK is indistinguishable from town imo, no use trying to find a role that may not exist

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I'm inherently a little suspicious of anyone who brings up third party roles, and gaspy and TMM did just that a few pages ago

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

SolusLunes posted:

I do. I did.

Eventually I'll learn metas and be able to use that, but all I've really got for meta reads is 'gaspy is good at gambits, trust nothing he says'

that's all you need imo

if solus isn't town I will eat my non-existant hat

SolusLunes posted:

What's worse is now I'm going to look dumb and scummy because apparently TMM's 'town meta' is all a bunch of things that make me think he's scum

this speaks to me on a personal level

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

ah, hadn't noticed that. Iiiiinteresting.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I can hammer whenever we're ready btw

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Max posted:

What does KB think of all this, though?

Woah yeah, I forgot KB was in this game, woops

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Xad posted:

Woah yeah, I forgot KB was in this game, woops

how the gently caress did I do this, I even made a post earlier about how KB and BK were in the game!

anyways I think we're all just rambling at this point

##vote beek

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I am a Vanilla {Confounder} and I performed these actions:

N1: nothing
N2: ##Confound bif

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Wanted to keep this in a 2nd post so it didn't gently caress up the lie detector: Confounder is basically just a jailer but it costs shine, so that's why there were some failed actions on Bif last night. KB wasn't redirected as far as I know. Obviously I can't speak for Humalong but jailing can be really useful lategame, so it's not ridiculous to think maybe he wanted to save it.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

hambeet posted:

lol you timed that deliberately to make poor kb type it all out for nothing, didn't you

King Burgundy posted:

If you are scum that was a perfect way to ruin my thunder. :)

I guess we'll see who MMT has a result on now.

lmao I absolutely did not do that on purpose and I'm so sorry KB

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

King Burgundy posted:

Since you are around, who do you think is scum?

Hiya. Well, bif for one. Her posts have felt kinda "off" to me all game, beek being a SK makes me feel a bit better about this, since that slapfight d1 was very likely between two people of differing alignments (or two town, but we know for sure about half of it now)

and going off of the SK tangent, I mentioned yesterday but I'm always slightly suspicious of anyone that brings up a SK or other 3P role unprompted, and I know gaspy and TMM brought that up before beek's flip, so they're on my radar as well for today

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I've been busy at work but I'm pretty confused by the ss3p result since they've seemed pretty...I dunno, not really scummy in the thread I guess, and I wouldn't have expected a masonry to be scum

I think the reason I'm wary about it is that the only two days I've been in this game seem to have been decided by night actions so we haven't really had a normal "well who should we vote for today" discussion, but we DID kill an SK last night so it's not like it's gone nowhere

I've been talking myself in circles, because I'm not AGAINST a ss3p lunch, we need to test some of the nine thousand cop results. I just feel like I haven't really played mafia yet

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Max posted:

Then aside from ss3p, who would you like to lunch?

Well, unfortunately for your masonry, I've been suspicious of bif basically all game

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

King Burgundy posted:

I don't disagree with this. SS3P wasn't on my radar and just seemed like they were newbie posting.

Having said that, I'm not sure that not cuddling the copped scum is a great idea. Feels like we need to pursue it.

----

Also, there is nothing stopping you from playing mafia. Please do.

Oh yeah, again I'm not against voting for ss3p at all, we really need to test some cop results, I'm just feeling antsy :v:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Max posted:

I mean, why do you think I tried to investigate her.

Also, IS, I see you in the game room as currently online, get in here.

Ah, right :eng99:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

hambeet posted:

Good morning, hi, yo, hello!

But you effectively protected her from two investigations :v:

I know! :negative:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
There's only about an hour left in the day, but what's the case on IS? Phoneposting right now

Anyways, ##vote ss3p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
##vote MMT

TMMadman posted:

I mean if this game started with a 4 person scum team plus the SK then I'll probably be irritated because I honestly feel that's too much non town for a 16 player game.

:v:

• Locked thread