Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Space is a lonely, lonely place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

In space, everyone lives in a tube...

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

The "X" in the top right corner there indicates that ware is being restricted somehow. I'd double-check the station's settings. I distinctly remember this being a pain in the rear end to iron out, unfortunately.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

My body is ready.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Private Speech posted:

Maybe it's a solar panel array?

Anyway shame that I'm too broke to get X4 nevermind the expansion, maybe I'll play some X3 more though.
Perhaps keep an eye on it via IsThereAnyDeal. The collector's edition (base game plus both expansions) has frequently gone on sale somewhere or another, even last year around the time that Split Vendetta came out.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

You don't need to scramble, but the Xenon are not to be discounted and I think it'd be wise to at least keep an eye on them. If you have more than a handful of miners and/or traders, you might wind up deciding to reallocate them to give a boost to factions that are in trouble. In my one (probably incredibly unlucky) playthrough, the Xenon simultaneously steamrolled the Zyarth and overran most of the Hewa's Twin sectors. Prior to developing a late-game "gently caress you" money kind of economy, it was pretty tough to contain them on three fronts (let alone push back) and I wished that I'd paid closer attention to them early on.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

The Something Awful Forums > General > Games > X4: Foundations - Fifty Shades of Space Murder

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

If you were waiting for X4 to go on sale, now's a good opportunity: GMG has the base game and collector's edition on sale at $26 and $50, respectively. These are keys for use on Steam. This is the lowest price that the collector's edition has been.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Slickdrac posted:

I think I broke something in the Torus Mission?

Assuming all the combos are the same 7 changes 8, 8 changes 6 and 7, 7 and 8 are different from each other and I see no way to make them the same?

e; Yep, it's a bug. Heads up when you're doing a light switch logic puzzle, do NOT use the repair beam on covered switches or you will make it unsolvable.

vvv-If you repair beam a covered switch it will flip the other switches without flipping itself, but this doesn't repeat itself, so you can get 4 of the lights into an unresolvable position.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that this mission is jacked up. After more huffing and puffing last night than I'd care to admit, I found a thread on Egosoft's forums regarding this mission (https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=182&t=434742). Some of the switches affect more than one other switch.

I'd recommend reloading a save and hit the switches in the following order: 2, 5, then 8. This worked for me.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

chglcu posted:

If that's the big circular room, I'm in there and all that's there is a vent that leads out into space.

Edit: Or do I need to land in here? I kept getting stuck in the geometry in my ship, so went in in my spacesuit. If I need to land, I might need to bring a smaller ship.

Edit #2: And actually taking a ship in did nothing, still stuck. Fun.
You didn't find a ship inside that room with the vent? Might need to reload an earlier save, then, sorry.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

One more vote for the Odysseus here. Grab a half-dozen or more, set their formation to something circular or semi-circular (e.g. Point Guard), and park them next to the farthest-out corner of a station (just to minimize how many station modules are shooting back). The Odysseus out-ranges Xenon station defenses, at least, and you can do this with the map while OOS, which makes destroying stations just a matter of time.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 24, 2021

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Purple? The "regular" scan mode, Shift+2. Just get within about 1 km of the ship and keep it centered on screen.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

You might be able to ask other ships to do it? I've never tried, I always lead boarding actions myself because you usually want to immobilize and disarm the ship first and the AI isn't very good at doing that. Also you want to drop the marines outside the turret coverage which again, the AI isn't very good at.
I'm pretty sure you can, yes. Select your boarding ship(s) first, then right-click on the target ship and hit Board. It'll pop up the boarding menu but won't start until you allocate marines from your ship(s) and hit whatever the magical start button is. Just make sure you select every boarding ship you're going to use first because last time I did this I wasn't able to send in additional marines beyond those launched in the first wave (I assume this is a bug; don't know if it's fixed).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Zereth posted:

So how do I get readouts on like, boarding strength so I know if I've got a decent shot at taking one?

OwlFancier posted:

Oh sorry yes you can absolutely use multiple ships to do boarding actions the UI lets you flip between them and everything, what I mean is I don't know if you can get other ships to scan.
I lost my train of thought halfway through typing that. :doh:

What I should have written, to clarify and actually answer the question on boarding strength, is that you can just pull up that boarding menu in lieu of personally scanning the target ship. That should give the actual breakdown on the defenders' strength and, I think, this works even out of sector.

Of course, now that I type "I think it works OOS" I realize that I'm not so sure of that.

Perhaps ignore this entire post. Hurf.