Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

ROUND BOMBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Huh. Haven't seen anything like that in years.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

This is unsurprising and yet still depressing.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

AkrisD posted:

I completely agree. Gen X didn't get the same opportunity as the boomers but they sure as hell are doing their damndest to make sure no one else gets their scraps either.

Also, color me surprised that they cant corroborate Kavanaugh's sexual assault and that's the only thing they can pretend to care about. Not the endless lies to the Senate or the promise of vengeance.

Seriously. This country is allowing them to appoint a man to the highest court who genuinely said he'd get vengeance on his political opponents while he's there.

This is obviously aside from the absurdity of appointing a man who is a sexual predator. The fact that it's even remotely questionable that he may have sexually assaulted these women should be enough to bar him from appointment.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Civil War 2 would just be violence in every office, neighborhood, town, etc. As many people have said, it's not geographic. The guy who has opposing ideological beliefs lives next door, and there are 30 more in a two block radius.

M_Gargantua posted:

All accurate Balkanizations must have some form of "Confederacy of Dixie" because you know those idiots would jump at the opportunity to go full chud.

Have you been to any of the major cities in the south recently? Atlanta for instance is pretty dramatically anti chud.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Man you know some lovely people outside the perimeter. Most of the people I know OTP are antichud so don't burn their houses down please :ohdear:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

bengy81 posted:

The future is gonna be wild in the west when fresh water sources start running real dry. Gonna get some fireworks when California, Nevada, Arizona, and Mexico start fighting over water rights.

Having lived in Las Vegas for a decade, and watching the water reservoirs (lake Las Vegas, not Mead), start to shrink on a grand scale, I'm pretty certain this is accurate. They get some water from California but that's drying up, too. Gonna get real bad real soon.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

ElMaligno posted:

the TL;DR of it is that the Aztecs where right, Magic came back in a big way, lots of humans mutated into meta-humans and native Americans used their new found magic to gently caress up the USA. Also add cyberpunk elements to it.

Not reading anything about dragons here

Nystral posted:

Nerd.

It’s basically blade runner, the bad one, with lord of the rings. The highlight was when the President who was a dragon got assassinated.

Get bent nerdlinger Shadowrun owns

bird food bathtub posted:

And a dragon was voted president, briefly. Then got assassinated, but hey I'd be all for a dragon president.

IIRC that dragon president was like the best president the country ever had, too or something like that

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

If I had any faith in the succdems I'd believe they'd get a house majority, whip out their subpoena dick and start helicoptering paperwork in every direction to actually investigate Kavanaugh then line up a crackerjack case for impeachment. Let the Republicans choke on voting no in the Senate, then pack the courts with the cover it all provides.

I have no such faith, so any sort of legislation that doesn't start and end with "make the 1% richer" for the next three or four decades is going to get the Supreme Court merry-go-round until it's ruled unconstitutional.

This country won't last three or four more decades, I think friend

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Just some totally normal rhetoric in a very much healthy democracy. No problems, nothing to see here. Absolutely nothing to see here.
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1048718282948333568

So how long until he encourages Republicans to go out and attack their liberal neighbors

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

psydude posted:

T Swizzle is backing Democrats in the Tennessee races, doubling down on her feud with Kanye.

https://thehill-com.cdn.ampproject....emocrats-in?amp

Sadly enough I know people who this will make a difference with

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Viva Miriya posted:

do you think tswift will prevent trump 2020

She would make a huge diff for white girls aged 18-38

Not a joke, sadly

Also real cool the world will be doneski in 22 years.

Yay or something

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

loving eat the rich

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

Designated shelters? What the gently caress? Shelter is the nearest place you can dive into with a locking door. This isn't a goddamn tornado drill.

Yeah aside from being bigoted assholes they also don't understand the basic concepts of active shooter situations

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Turns out she's Granos

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

EBB posted:

Brown Moses is going to have to start examining American satellite images now, isn't he? :cripes:

Probably couldn't hurt.

Seriously, we're on a prime slide to becoming Nazi Germany. Hopefully we can stop it before we get there.

If not, maybe "MAGA" will be the world's new "Nazi".

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

You know, there's supposedly a large portion of the republican party who disapproves of Trump and his antics - I have yet to meet one. Every republican I know is a fox news watching trump supporter.

The cult of personality that's built up around someone most normal people considered a laughingstock as recently as three years ago astounds and disgusts me.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

It's loving stupid that it took her saying something to get people to vote. The last couple of years have been pure hell. How anyone can still be apathetic is insane.

I'm sure some of it is very young people who didn't even really think about voting (18, 19, 20) outside of a presidential election.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Third World Reggin posted:

Careful guys. If you say it she might probate me for 8 years.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I think she should do that because of your godamn user name

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

The Iron Rose posted:

So on the one hand I just woke up but on the other I'm also super dumb so we're all talking about "regging" being the n word backwards right?

Is that like genuinely a thing because man that took me way too long to clue in.

It was "Reggin" not "regging".

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

sharknado slashfic posted:

My friends aunt and uncle are on the beach and tried to wait until this morning to evac. Roads were already flooded so they're stuck.

What the gently caress why would you wait until the day of landfall

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

https://youtu.be/ML_Vn0FF6lM

Tyndall afb got loving wrecked. Gonna take months to years to cleanup and repair it.

Watch the whole thing.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Has Trump given himself an 'A' for the response yet?

Of course. And he decided being at a rally was more important last night. And he has more rallies this week and weekend so he won't be down there until next week.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

They could shift a lot of it to Nellis, too. At least temporarily. There's already a large F22 footprint, and they have the space for other aircraft to support ABM training. Who knows, though.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Godholio posted:

This is being discussed, but it's a short-term sporadic bandaid at best. There's neither airspace, aircraft, or time during the day to really do it. The NTTR is being used almost constantly, often with multiple missions in different areas at the same time. I had no idea until I became a piece of this machine. ABM students simply can't control most of it either...it's air-to-surface attacks, Weapons School sorties (god help the WUGs flying), or stuff like that. Some stuff would work, and could probably be scheduled in between WS and Flag events, but it wouldn't be the daily access to missions a pipeline needs. But the Raptor students would have to fight for regular flights; they can do their work at a lot of other places with less hassle.

I'm not sure what kind of control facilities Holloman has, if any, but that would be one of the first things I'd look at. It can handle the F-22s, and it's got a decent airspace.

Oh, I know. I worked in scheduling for 3 of my years at the helo unit. And by that I mean I went to those godforsaken monthly range planning and allocation meetings. It was abysmal.

Like I said, it could work temporarily. But yes it would drastically affect all other training occurring there as well.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

As Nero Danced posted:

My brother had just been transferred there under a hardship for his wife's family, wonder what's going to happen to that now. Actually, have we ever had a military base completely wiped out like this? Even pearl harbor was at least partially functional after the attack, wasn't it? Cobra Commander's weather dominator works after all.

e: maybe Hugo back in 89, I guess

Homestead AFB in 1992 after hurricane Andrew. Took years to rebuild, and during the BRAC they sold off half the property and made it an air reserve base.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

We knew that thought :???:

Also, today is 20 years since Matthew Shepard died.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

My mother says she refuses to see this because they're not showing the flag being planted.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Bolow posted:

I afflict this curse upon you all

Who the gently caress is Tyrone

Don't tell me it's incel racism

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

The only sauce that matters

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

psydude posted:

Different guy. The nuclear detection dude, DefenseSupportParty, had his career ruined. He stopped by a year or two after getting out of the airforce to tell us about how he was arrested and interrogated. A while after that, his roommate came here to inform us that he had killed himself.

I'd say that qualifies as having his life ruined.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Lou Takki posted:

He enlisted in the air force, that was implied already.

I would argue based on my experience as a helo Medevac flight engineer in the air force but that actually made things worse

(thanks PTSD)

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

To be fair, it seems his intent is that you can't rely on the federal government or anyone else to do everything (including file your insurance claims) so you should probably be involved. At least that's how I read it.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2018/10/16/us-servicemember-involved-in-ukrainian-su-27-crash-3/

AF Times posted:

WASHINGTON — A member of the California Air National Guard’s 144th Fighter Wing and a Ukrainian service member died in a Oct. 16 crash of an Ukrainian Su-27 aircraft flying in Ukraine’s Clear Sky exercise, the U.S. Air Force said Wednesday.

The U.S. airman was taking part in a single-aircraft familiarization flight with a Ukrainian pilot, and no other aircraft were involved in the incident, according to a news release put out by U.S. Air Forces Europe.

I would also note that they named this exercise the same name as the first sequel to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

To add to this: They were in a meeting when they were gunned down by their own security detail.

A few American troops were injured but not killed.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

If the NYPD gets the proud boys labeled a hate/extremist group by like the FBI they'll have done something good for the world for once

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Jesus loving christ

Can these motherfuckers just stick with incompetent evil and not pure spiteful evil?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Unknown middle easterners are mixed in! We have no actual proof or even a suggestion that this is the case but I'm gonna say it anyway because we all know middle easterners are terrorists and you don't want to give aid to terrorists do you?!

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Thalantos posted:

poo poo, at least that way, you'll get decent folks every now and then.

Substantially more often than we get now, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/PantexPlant/status/1054791518622568450?s=19

It's over. Don't know what it was.

• Locked thread