Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

my creepy horse mask was destroyed when my house flooded after Florence dropped 22" of rain in 18 hours and I'm bummed I can't rock my sad alcoholic cartoon horse act a second year

Also lol forever that evangelicals literally elected a golem made out of cheeto dust and golden calves president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Halloween 2018, I'm feeling Malachi Constant

Vas, I think they did have a supertyphoon around the same time but IDC I'm just gonna hang out on my front porch and creep the gently caress out of the neighbors by playing banjo every time someone walks past my house.

There are good reasons that it's the instrument of choice for toothless hillbillies everywhere. Four strings, Five fingers? we cool. Six strings, Five fingers? No. No. You go to hell and you die, guitar.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Oct 2, 2018

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Was gonna suggest keeping momentum behind "Pakled" however

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Alright smart guy post a list of alternatives tia

proudbois

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

What's that electronic horror soundtrack metal band everyone here is in love with I want to listen to them again but I have shamefully forgotten the name

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

YES! THANK YOU!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

orange juche posted:

So someone lit up a shitload of cops in SC, 5 officers got shot in Florence, SC. There's no details other than the suspect is now detained.

I drive by there all the time, current info is 1 officer dead, 4 wounded, 1 other victim wounded inside the home, shooter taken alive

https://www.wbtw.com/news/pee-dee/florence-county-deputy-shot-near-hoffmeyer-road-in-florence/1495532293

It's a low-tier mcmansion subdivison, I'm gonna theorize sovcit pushed over the edge during a domestic dispute

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 3, 2018

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Facebook comments from multiple neighbors have ID'd the house as belong to a creepy super religious family with like 12 foster kids who make them all dress alike so I'm gonna amend that speculation to dad got outed as a chomo.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Press conference w/ local sheriff and PD chief now states total of 7 officers shot, they were there to serve a search warrant for child sex abuse and all the kids were home while all this was going on. Shooter hit three deputies who were initially serving warrant and fired on additional responders from second story window while they attempted to treat the first three.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 4, 2018

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

This and the mangled effort to start a conference call are the two times I've accepted Trump as a fellow human deserving of empathy

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm just gonna sit over here and salve myself by watching burns' The Civil War for the first time since I was 5 and it was new and it was everything.

Abraham Lincoln, 1837 posted:

From whence shall we expect the approach of danger? Shall some trans-Atlantic military giant step the earth and crush us at a blow?

Never.

All the armies of Europe and Asia could not, by force, take a drink from the Ohio River or make a track on the Blue Ridge in the trial of a thousand years.

No, if destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of free men we shall live forever or die by suicide.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The Iron Rose posted:

I actually can't handle watching or following this.

This is the escapism that's been working for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN2huQB-DmE

A soothing world of slow fiddlin', echoing with the stentorian tones of Sam Watterston and Morgan Freeman and where the cost of stupid jingoism is 25% of the white male population

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 5, 2018

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

sharknado slashfic posted:

I went full broke brain yesterday and decided that that Russian professor is right and the US is going to balkanize sometime in the next 50 years.

imo yugoslavia is an optimistic scenario, at least it broke along some kind of geographic lines. If the US ever again descends into naked political violence it'll be neighbor vs neighbor everywhere at once Rwanda style.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Who rules New Orleans rules the midwest, as it was and shall ever be

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

jesus why haven't I moved away from this blighted hellhole

that map covers an hour's drive in every direction

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

psydude posted:

I work with a lot of automotive manufacturers and T1 parts suppliers, so a lot of rural Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan. Each trip usually includes an unprovoked "I don't know how y'all do things on the coast, but out here. . ."

I work for a T1 auto supplier in the deep south and all our service techs come from OH and IN it's a special kind of hell

E: In the last year we've had five engineers and upper managers quit to move back to Detroit, that's how much this corner of SC sucks.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Oct 6, 2018

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm frankly honored that a mildly schizophrenic aquaintance from the local art collective portraited me without my prior knowledge.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

owns

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Arven posted:

I'm surprised this forum doesn't have a non-joke prepping thread given how apocalyptic everyone is.

We worship at the feet of Cthulhu that we may mercifully be eaten first.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

JFC details finally coming out about that shooting in Florence, crazy gently caress owned the house in line with the street at the dead end and was sniping at officers from 500 yards as soon as they turned onto the road.

https://www.postandcourier.com/news...fee91511f4.html

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Oct 6, 2018

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nah these are the type of people that would never besmirch the integrity of their Superior German Clearcoat and just have the duty magistrate on speaker by the time patrollman shmuckatelli gets to the window

God this whole thing could be a very special episode of Heat of the Night

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Derrick Lewis won the light heavywight at UFC 229, then dropped trou in the ring during the postfight interview and when asked why told Joe Rogan, quote, "cuz my balls was hot".

Truly the hero we need in 2018.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

If that's the craziest thing to post about post-UFC229, we're gonna have some words

it was at the time. I hope anyone that missed it will go back and watch the actual McGregor fight despite the later events that have overshadowed it because the first two rounds are some of the most sustained ownage I've ever seen in a top-tier punchsport.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 7, 2018

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I really though they were gonna stop it in the second when he got in like, 30 or 40 shots straight to the face

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

This hurts more than election night.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Feel better:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/arts/music/steve-perry-journey-traces-interview.html

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

may his passing cleanse the earth

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

This is how you breed shooters

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

MRC48B posted:

Imma axe the obvious one.

Why would you need to segregate kids by gender during an active shooter situation.

The designated shelters are bathrooms and locker rooms

what the gently caress kind of middle school has enough heads to contain the entire population

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The official response plan for bomb threats at my high school was for everyone to go stand in single file lines on the fence-enclosed football field, I will grant that they are doing slightly better. Yeah let's put everyone out in the open in a funnel with a convenient sniper perch what could go wrong

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I have reliably beaten traffic out of every movie theater / stage play / indoor concert I've ever been to by charging toward the front and using the door that's right there that goes straight outside that the people who sit right next to it for 3 hours never seem to notice

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

Isn’t that door usually alarmed though?

No:confused:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Well might as well earn the label

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

That Works posted:

I stopped speaking with my family after the election. We weren't on great terms at all already and they are all super super evangelists who all voted for Trump because he was 'God's anointed'. 2016 was enough for me to just write them off all the way.

I still send something for Christmas each year along with a donation receipt in their name to either Planned Parenthood or the ACLU because I'm a catty bitch. 2016 was a nice embossed card with the entirety of the "Grab them by the pussy" quote inside, 2017 was a tiny golden calf. Any ideas on a trolling gift for this year?

We used to have a small painting up at Christmas that was Santa claus kneeling in front of a cross. If I had artistic skills I'd probably have it with Santa in front of a burning cross or something. I feel like there's something better though...

I'm using this for my christmas card this year

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

But oh man if I could get little plastic golden calves with Trump's hair and the ten commandments carved on the side

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

My dad died sometime in 2016. Not literally, rather the man that raised me to respect women, tell the truth, and accept responsibility for my actions died sometime in 2016. He was killed by right-wing media and replaced with an angry husk who runs on spite and resentment who emotionally (and almost certainly physically) abuses my mother and has completely bought into the CHUD narrative. He called me a month or so back to tell me his cancer was back and I felt nothing. I feel bad saying it but it's the truth.

My dad drank the koolaid in the early 80s before I was born and took pride in having "Chickenhawk" as his CB radio handle back when he was trucking. My mom, who was the person your dad used to be, died for reals in 2016 and my dad has always been your newdad. He texted me last month for the first time in 2 years to ask if I wanted to buy his car and then again the next day to say he has kidney cancer. I still haven't replied. Stay strong brother, you are not alone.

E: Bojack Horseman S5 episode "Free Churro" made me feel a lot better

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 9, 2018

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I think she should do that because of your godamn user name

:aaa:

That flew under the radar for a long rear end time

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

quoting myself from the hurricane thread:

shame on an IGA posted:

So the northernmost fringe of Michael has generated a not-quite rainband but just, idk, hurricane-adjacent death blob that's just parked right on top of all the places that got flooded worst in Florence.

Look at those timestamps. My house already flooded when we got 23" from Florence and it's already been raining for 10 hours here.

AVENGE ME. :rip:

Current Mood: Fearing the sky like a wedding guest in Pakistan

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Oct 10, 2018

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

Your voter registration information must exactly match some records of you that the state has, AFAIK.

Which sucks for hyphenates, a lot.

also the way stupider thing where they're deleting anyone who has the same name as anyone registered to vote in another state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Sexy dying alone on friday afternoon and not being discovered until the boss takes action sometime mid wednesday

• Locked thread