Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Fo3 posted:

I've lost most of my chilli sauce recipes - since moving out of real houses and relying only on potted plants I've turned into a blackthumb as every potting mix loving suckssss. I'm not planting this year until I get some hydrogen peroxide to nuke all the bacteria and poo poo in the potting mixes! Tried 4 different brands of potting mixes last year and everything died - including the last few seeds of some of the rarest/most guaranteed uncrossed pure seeds I had left

But I used to have a heap of recipes and if you want some try browsing the hot pepper forums, there is usually heaps of sauce makers there willing to share.
But general things to experiment with: try add a bit of red onion and carrot. ginger, or lime juice, or experiment with the vinegar types (malt, apple cider, white wine), experiment with spices like tumeric, star anise, cardamom or cumin and other sauces like worcestershire. Tamarind. honey.
Plus also a fruit works well, I like something sweet like mango. I haven't tried but I wonder how peach, plum, pear, nectarine or whatever would taste like (especially with the fruitier yellow african chillies or bhuts/bihs.)

E: I did just find an old mango recipe of mine:

I did one earlier this year that started at a pound of habeneros, ginger, and garlic, lactofermented them for a couple months with star anise, then blended down with some tamarind and black sesame.

It's called SONOFABITCH because that's the noise I made when I blended it down and it aerosolized briefly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

STR posted:

The gently caress happened to our forum name and thread titles :stare:

Adibetic, you found my stash of LSD, didn't you?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Heckin good memeage.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Now that we're up to date on It's Always Sunny, I'm introducing my girlfriend to Arrested Development.

Last night we watched the second episode, where GOB attempts to return the dead dove.

Today she complained to me that she had purchased the wrong thickness pen and now after writing a bunch of notes with it, feels entitled to return it for a full refund. Oh, she refused a receipt.

She really didn't get it when I suggested she take it back to the store in a brown paper bag that said "Dead Dove: Do Not Eat"

slothrop fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Oct 2, 2018

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

slothrop posted:

Now that we're up to date on It's Always Sunny

You should just restart the series. Sunny over and over never gets old.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Seminal Flu posted:

You should just restart the series. Sunny over and over never gets old.

You're not wrong. It's SO much better watching it with someone who is as into it as you. So many times we have to pause it because we're dying of laughter.

The most recent episode, Time's Up. OH MY GOD.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I was walking my son to the bus stop this morning, and one of the rental houses on the street must have had an eviction because there was a bunch of poo poo in boxes piled by the street. On top of said poo poo was an almost brand new electric skateboard worth $500. After a little digging I found the remote, along with a shitload of brand new E cig parts like they were gonna start a business or something....Still looking for the charger for the skateboard, lotta boxes but I keep finding E cig parts. Oh and a brand new digital postal scale still in the box. Are the E cig pieces worth anything?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I dunno if I'm missing something here, someone just got kicked out of their house and now you're rooting through their poo poo?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Uhhh was there a sign or something saying "free poo poo"? Why were you digging though someone else's stuff?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Yeah sounds pretty messed up. But if you don't take it somebody else probably will. :v:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Varies by state, but in some places, once the stuff hits the lawn, it's been abandoned by the tenant and is fair game. IANAL, though.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

They moved out a few weeks ago and apparently this is what they left behind. If it's on the side of the road with a bunch of trash it's fair game IMO. It was out there a few days so I'm wondering if the batteries on the skateboard got ruined in the heat and moisture, but I'm going to find out. If I don't find the charger i can order one for $40.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I was walking my son to the bus stop this morning, and one of the rental houses on the street must have had an eviction because there was a bunch of poo poo in boxes piled by the street. On top of said poo poo was an almost brand new electric skateboard worth $500. After a little digging I found the remote, along with a shitload of brand new E cig parts like they were gonna start a business or something....Still looking for the charger for the skateboard, lotta boxes but I keep finding E cig parts. Oh and a brand new digital postal scale still in the box. Are the E cig pieces worth anything?

Post pics of the ecig parts and I'll let you know their value.

I should mention it's pretty hard to sell used ECIGs I mean really it's kind of like selling a used pipe which is pretty much like selling a used toothbrush imo.

Anyways that's a pretty sweet find. Sounds like the previous occupants were running some kind of operation...

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Alternatively buy a Subaru since you already have half the parts.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

64bit_Dophins posted:

I should mention it's pretty hard to sell used ECIGs I mean really it's kind of like selling a used pipe which is pretty much like selling a used toothbrush imo.

Anyways that's a pretty sweet find. Sounds like the previous occupants were running some kind of operation...

It's all brand new parts in their original boxes.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
So, yesterday at work my supervisor hands me a bag and says "I don't know what to do with these, you take them."

Inside the bag is a "carton" of 200 reservation cigarettes, the kind that are $15, made from floor sweepings, come in a large ziplock bag, and technically contraband for someone who isn't First Nations. I asked him where he got them and he said he just found them randomly. Some poor idiot probably sat them down and walked off without realizing it.

Another coworker looks over and goes "What's in the bag, Ed?" I reply "A brick of temptation," and show him the contents. Said coworker looks at our supervisor and goes "What the gently caress is wrong with you? You know he's quitting, right?" I stared at them for a few more seconds and I handed him the bag and put it out of my mind. Not that I'm against smoking them, but I don't want to have to start quitting all over again because once they're gone I'd be back to being unable to afford to continue smoking.

Today is when day 12 finishes and day 13 begins. Voice in the back of my head keeps going "you could've smoked just one..." and I keep telling it to gently caress off because that's not how it works.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Oct 2, 2018

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Good work bud.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Smoking is lame. Not smoking is cool and good, nice work on continuing to not smoke.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I just talked to the guy that's cleaning the house. He said the tenants were warned their stuff was going to the curb a week ago so it's all fair game :)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I just talked to the guy that's cleaning the house. He said the tenants were warned their stuff was going to the curb a week ago so it's all fair game :)

:getin:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Good work you. You handled that like a champ Fermented Tinal.

I'm a few months in. I still slip up every now and then. The important thing for me is to see that slip as a one off, not backslide and just keep on. So far so good.

slothrop fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Oct 2, 2018

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Depending on what ecig stuff you have, I might be interested in a couple bits.

Good on all you folks for quitting cold, I doubt I'd have the fortitude to.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

64bit_Dophins posted:

900 of the tips, 500 reservoirs, and the sleeves pictured.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spotted my unicorn. An actual domestic Canadian "freightliner" Unimog u500.

From my understanding, there are 4 of these.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Voice in the back of my head keeps going "you could've smoked just one..." and I keep telling it to gently caress off because that's not how it works.
You done good. Congrats.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

jonathan posted:

Spotted my unicorn. An actual domestic Canadian "freightliner" Unimog u500.

From my understanding, there are 4 of these.

Steal it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

time to start a vape store!

i love how incredibly bad the names of vape stores are

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yesterday I woke up with a horrible sore lip, I thought I had bit the inside of my lip while I was sleeping or something, but after looking at it and checking teh internets, I apparently have a giant loving canker sore and it hurts like hell. I haven't had a canker sore since I was a child wtf is this bullshit.

i get canker sores as allergic reactions to chocolate and ingredients that are used in gums as emulsifiers

it's super annoying

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

BraveUlysses posted:

time to start a vape store!

i love how incredibly bad the names of vape stores are

I'm guessing here...

Statutory Vape

Vape Van

I'm going to tie you to a radiator and Vape you in the mouth

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Gang Vape

E: perhaps not the best product name:

Original M4ytho MDZ-X Gang Vaping device Mod Electronic Cigarettes with 4 80w Mod s

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So I got some more back story on the tenants from the handy man for the owner.....Apparently the guy was making weed vapes, had no job and paid rent in cash, hmmm. Also left behind a giant fish tank with two huge Oscars in it, left them to die. Among other things i got a really nice wood cabinet, a magnetic mixer that looks brand new, and a digital postal scale brand new in the box. Also left behind was a box for a cash counter, but the counter was not left......

:thunk:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I've gone from regularly smoking, to only smoking (albeit a pack a weekend) when drinking, to only smoking a couple cigarettes a weekend when drinking, and now I'm down taking a few drags here and there off a friend's cigarette when drinking. I did the Juul thing for a while, but that and taking a couple drags off of someone else's cigarette are now leaving my throat feeling sandpapery and lovely the next morning so I think it's finally time to cut that poo poo out. Feels good man.

Edit:

a digital postal scale

T-Square fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Oct 2, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fermented Tinal posted:

So, yesterday at work my supervisor hands me a bag and says "I don't know what to do with these, you take them."

Inside the bag is a "carton" of 200 reservation cigarettes, the kind that are $15, made from floor sweepings, come in a large ziplock bag, and technically contraband for someone who isn't First Nations. I asked him where he got them and he said he just found them randomly. Some poor idiot probably sat them down and walked off without realizing it.

Another coworker looks over and goes "What's in the bag, Ed?" I reply "A brick of temptation," and show him the contents. Said coworker looks at our supervisor and goes "What the gently caress is wrong with you? You know he's quitting, right?" I stared at them for a few more seconds and I handed him the bag and put it out of my mind. Not that I'm against smoking them, but I don't want to have to start quitting all over again because once they're gone I'd be back to being unable to afford to continue smoking.

Today is when day 12 finishes and day 13 begins. Voice in the back of my head keeps going "you could've smoked just one..." and I keep telling it to gently caress off because that's not how it works.

Every one of us is rooting for you.

So I got some more back story on the tenants from the handy man for the owner.....Apparently the guy was making weed vapes, had no job and paid rent in cash, hmmm. Also left behind a giant fish tank with two huge Oscars in it, left them to die. Among other things i got a really nice wood cabinet, a magnetic mixer that looks brand new, and a digital postal scale brand new in the box. Also left behind was a box for a cash counter, but the counter was not left......

I don't know what the laws are in Florida but in Indiana you have to hold their poo poo for a period before throwing it away or selling it. We've gotten some badass stuff from eviction clean outs here. Chest freezer, pre built kegerator (sold) and tons of tools.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

T-Square posted:

I've gone from regularly smoking, to only smoking (albeit a pack a weekend) when drinking, to only smoking a couple cigarettes a weekend when drinking, and now I'm down taking a few drags here and there off a friend's cigarette when drinking. I did the Juul thing for a while, but that and taking a couple drags off of someone else's cigarette are now leaving my throat feeling sandpapery and lovely the next morning so I think it's finally time to cut that poo poo out. Feels good man.

yeah I had a couple of cigarettes earlier this year at a party and my throat felt poo poo and my body did too the next day, it was kind of a good feeling in a way that I wasn't tempted to get back on it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I don't know what the laws are in Florida but in Indiana you have to hold their poo poo for a period before throwing it away or selling it. We've gotten some badass stuff from eviction clean outs here. Chest freezer, pre built kegerator (sold) and tons of tools.

Who knows, but the guy said they were told a week ago, so I'm guessing the time was up and that's why it's on the street now.

If the vape stuff isn't worth anything much i'll just toss it back in the trash.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

slothrop posted:

I'm guessing here...

Statutory Vape

Vape Van

I'm going to tie you to a radiator and Vape you in the mouth

we should make this a game for october: find the absolute worst vape store names within 200 miles of your house

GodFather Vape
Godfoggers Vape Casa
Vape-O-Rama
Ooh Vape
Strictly Vape
Vape on the Beach (:eyepoop:)
O Vapor Ballard
Xhale Vapor N Smoke
Mister Cloud's Extraordinary E-Juices
Stache Vape
Vapor St8
Steampunk Vapory Lounge

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Hmm just as suspected given the circumstances.

Those are cheap vape cartridges that are typically used for "weed oil" or "dab oil" or "concentrates" whatever you want to call them. They sell them at dispensaries but a lot of people in my area (not legal in my state) buy these by the bulk, make their own wax, and sell the cartridges filled with wax for like $40 or whatever. They use these carts because they are cheap enough to be disposable.

So yeah no doubt about it the people that used to live there were selling a lot of marijuana concentrates, there's no other reason to use that specific type of vape cartridges.

I don't know if you're into that sort of thing or not but if you are it can't hurt to keep them. Plus since the box is unopened you could probably sell the set on ebay for like $100 or something.

CerealKilla420 fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 2, 2018

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ok, I'm getting ready to start selling on ebay again after a long hiatus so I'll just see how the bidding goes.

Speaking of selling on ebay, any advice? I plan on starting a separate bank account for paypal, anything else I should know before i start selling again? I don't plan on selling any high dollar poo poo, I got burned selling an expensive bike years ago so i'm not doing that again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The best way to sell stuff on ebay is to not, because you're going to get scammed, repeatedly.

• Locked thread