Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
X4 Foundations is the latest in egosoft's line of space sims. It peaked in X3: Reunion, which saw two expansions (Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude) and a huge amount of mod support over 8 or 10 years. They then released X: Rebirth, which we don't talk about. But now we have X4, and it actually looks like an X game!

Release Date November 30 2018

Heres the gameplay trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6s9sXjqCME

Stuff We Know About The Game

- You can fly pretty much every ship in the game personally again
- X Rebirth style huge station complexes!
- That you can build!
- Scales of ship from fighter all the way up to multiple (perhaps nesting according to the trailer) sizes of capital ship
- Trading, both directly player controlled and run by a fleet
- Like in X Rebirth, you have a guy that can get out of the ship and walk around for some reason
- Similarly theres actually modeled ships crew that you shove out of the way to fly your ship and then they go hide in the shitter I guess
- Faction conflict - there are some classic X races that aren't in this for some reason but they seem to have shaken up the universe a bit and introduced some internecine conflict so there might be a similar number of factions
- Player HQ
- They seem to be keeping a fusion of the X Rebirth highway system and the classic X gate system
- No loading pauses
- They added a toggle switch for newtonian flight so now there's a brand new way to crash into a station and blow the gently caress up

I love these stupid games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

I can't believe this is coming out on the 30th, I was expecting around mid 2019.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Yeah I’m pretty hype, gonna be a fun winter

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Nice! I am excited.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I wonder how badly I'll be able to get this to run on my PC

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Time to achieve the american dream of making it rich bootlegging space fuel and then using the money to start an empire and re-write history to pretend my fortune came from noble roots.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Wow, just as I was getting the X3 itch I found out this was coming out much sooner than I expected.

Although I hated the highway system in Rebirth (I pretty much quit immediately after trying it), I'm cautiously optimistic about this.

I hope it's much more like the X3 games than Rebirth anyways.

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dont we already have a thread for this?
Nice OP tho

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Yes we do, its here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870121

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Oh hey didn't see that at all. i'll close this

• Locked thread