Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

On one hand I get it but if Khabib would’ve spooked a fan and had them attack him, he could have killed them or caused a serious injury. I’m not trying to defend Conor but if you fight in the crowd as a dude trained to destroy people in combat you should have the book throw at you. Shouldn’t even be a question. I’m kind of surprised so many people itt seem to not think it’s a big deal though maybe I’m reading the mood wrong.

Perhaps I’m being an old school dork here but when I was doing BJJ the most important rule was that you never in any circumstance outside of life or death self defense ever attack or fight someone outside of competition. When you break that rule you strip away a hugely important part of martial arts and professional fighting. For a professional competitor it’s inexcusable and should take years of work to gain back the support of an organization.

:shrug:

It’s gross and reason #5283849 why the UFC is becoming less appealing every month to me. Don’t get me wrong, it’s exciting! Khabib is a scary motherfucker and I love it but there’s a point where I have to recognize that it has gone way too far. Same with Conor and the bus incident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

butros posted:

Khabib doesn't do BJJ, MMA isn't BJJ.

It took Conor ~6 months.

Same standards. The gym mentioned was mma focused, run by a dude who fought in the ufc once, trained guys for local amateurs. It’s the same way in every mma gym ever.

Not long enough and there was no actual punishment but $$$$$ heals all wounds

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m getting more hyped by the second about a potential Tony/Khabib fight

I tried to dislike Tony for so long but I can’t do it.....

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://youtu.be/MeSBdhWSRhA

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://mobile.twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1050096209556373504

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Le Saboteur posted:

Rumble is into professional body building right now and looks like he's sitting above the heavyweight limit at the moment so I don't think he's coming back any time soon.

I had to look that up and see how big he is now and holy poo poo dude’s a tank

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m glad the UFC keeps paying (maybe lol) the best friend of a literal concentration camp running violent dictator.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Foul Fowl posted:

but enough about dana

:drat:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Untrustable posted:

How does someone beat Khabib? What's the game plan there? Is it just like "you better hope you kill him with the first punch because after that it's all downhill."?

Extremely good BJJ and control from the bottom I guess?

It’s hard to say. He has a weakness somewhere though. Everyone does.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

fuuuuuuuck that

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

UFC November: Beg me you little slut and just like a little slut whore your day is coming #hoslapseason

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://mobile.twitter.com/AngieOverkill/status/1055984061011787776

owns

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Askren is growing on me.

Skip My Posts posted:

rather have terrorist fans or no fans like her?

Her fans are cool and some of the least lovely and problematic that I’ve seen on social media

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I wanna get hyped about Askren. What should I watch? I like the slow patient fighters like Woodley and GSP and all those guys so I don’t mind if it’s “boring”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://mobile.twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/1057100056170520576

• Locked thread