Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Handheld RPGs are too good to pass up. I can wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
please hurry, DQ Builders 2... :pray:

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Gonna need a Luigi version of that case

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mister Facetious posted:

please hurry, DQ Builders 2... :pray:
lol if you think the Switch version of this is coming out anytime in the next 2 years.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Now that they’ve done two DQ Minecraft games, they should do DQ Fortnite next.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SeANMcBAY posted:

100 slimes enter. You can combine with your squad to form a king slime.

In a 50 vs 50 mode each team gets a tank and you can play rocket slime

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah but like imagine the Rocket Slime battles with actual 4v4 stuff.

And then we just have a coop as the GOTTENSCHLEIME MASCHINE

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Two Beans posted:

I have one, and I think it's great.

In other accessory news:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GGW2SGN/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_nxSSBbAT64PJN

I want this and also yeah it’d be even better Luigi theme

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Everyone is Torneko and their packs are full of crappy swords and cypress sticks.

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
Any strong recommendations for some kind of anti-glare screen protector?

The break room in my office is bright as gently caress, so it's not fun to play there.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

American McGay posted:

lol if you think the Switch version of this is coming out anytime in the next 2 years.

It's coming out in two months in Japan

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Jesus Christ I would buy a massively multiplayer Rocket Slime game thrice

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

Has anyone bought one of the Hori compact stands?
I know the Lamicall folding stand is the one Jacs recommends, but I really want this Zelda one:

https://www.amazon.com/HORI-Compact-PlayStand-Officially-Licensed-Nintendo/dp/B01A9UATJC

Basically unusable after using the highly configurable Lamical T-Stand. It works, but it's a complicated piece of plastic that occupies desk space, and only has two viewing angles

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Just ordered one of those 8bitdo SNES controllers. Finally I can play Mega Man X with a proper controller the way God intended

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Snowmankilla posted:

Cool. We’re open again?

Overcooked worth it for single player?

Nah not really. Oc2 has online though

American McGay posted:

They already told us the Ps4 and Switch versions are being done at the same time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The only game i'm really looking forward to right now on Switch is Smash Brothers Ultimate. My go to Switch games currently have been Lumines, and Fortnite, but I should really be playing more Splatoon 2.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So I'm a few hours into Breath of the Wild Just left Kakoriko Village and so far I find the game...bad?

Link is crazy underpowered so far and his stamina is so low that he just gets tired all the time. I also hate that dungeons are now bitesized small areas instead of the scaling mammoths the franchise was known for. Also, all weapons being made of cardboard is really dumb. Also the game switching from no voice acting to voice acting is jarring.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Oct 2, 2018

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I'm a few hours into Breath of the Wild Just left Kakoriko Village and so far I find the game...bad?

Link is crazy underpowered so far and his stamina is so low that he just gets tired all the time. I also hate that dungeons are now bitesized small areas instead of the scaling mammoths the franchise was known for. Also, all weapons being made of cardboard is really dumb. Also the game switching from no voice acting to voice acting is jarring.

Prepare to get dogpiled for a couple pages.

content
Feb 13, 2014

punk rebel ecks posted:

I said come in! posted:

Prepare to get dogpiled for a couple pages.

Can we just start another new thread instead.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DQ Builders 1 was very good so I’m very excited for 2.

I hope they haven’t focused too much on the coop at the expense of single player since I’m definitely going to be playing it by myself.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

punk rebel ecks posted:

Link is crazy underpowered so far and his stamina is so low that he just gets tired all the time. I also hate that dungeons are now bitesized small areas instead of the scaling mammoths the franchise was known for. Also, all weapons being made of cardboard is really dumb.

When I played I did two stamina upgrades for every heart upgrade and maxed my stamina pretty early on (comparatively, it was probably like 30 hours in already) and it made a world of difference. Later on there is a plot gate you can't pass without a certain number of hearts so I did end up having to kind of grind shrines for heart upgrades but overall I had a lot more fun when I could climb a lot of stuff or swing my big weapons for 30 seconds at a time.

Besides, I guess, Zelda 2, this game is the most different from its immediate predecessor. If you're expecting it to turn into a proper Zelda with dungeons and new upgrades, it never does. The game is really a Zelda sandbox more than anything, because it still feels like a Zelda game in the hand, if not in the plot structure. You can ignore the critical path almost entirely from just after you leave the Great Plateau. You can become endgame powerful long before you have to visit the first town. You get the majority of your tools near the start of the game and you kind of have to make your own fun with it. Try unconventional ways of approaching or killing enemies. Just last night I used Magnesis to push a stack of blocks over on top of one of the little spider robot things in one of the earliest shrines. If you're creative, you have a lot more tools to kill things with than your weapons. Bombs are pretty high damage throughout the game.

There are some big and proper Zelda dungeons later, if you stick to the story path. I suggest just putting a pin marker in a spot that looks interesting on the map and just traverse the entire kingdom on foot to find a way to get there, but stop and check stuff out on the way if it looks like something.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Heath posted:

When I played I did two stamina upgrades for every heart upgrade and maxed my stamina pretty early on (comparatively, it was probably like 30 hours in already) and it made a world of difference. Later on there is a plot gate you can't pass without a certain number of hearts so I did end up having to kind of grind shrines for heart upgrades but overall I had a lot more fun when I could climb a lot of stuff or swing my big weapons for 30 seconds at a time.

Besides, I guess, Zelda 2, this game is the most different from its immediate predecessor. If you're expecting it to turn into a proper Zelda with dungeons and new upgrades, it never does. The game is really a Zelda sandbox more than anything, because it still feels like a Zelda game in the hand, if not in the plot structure. You can ignore the critical path almost entirely from just after you leave the Great Plateau. You can become endgame powerful long before you have to visit the first town. You get the majority of your tools near the start of the game and you kind of have to make your own fun with it. Try unconventional ways of approaching or killing enemies. Just last night I used Magnesis to push a stack of blocks over on top of one of the little spider robot things in one of the earliest shrines. If you're creative, you have a lot more tools to kill things with than your weapons. Bombs are pretty high damage throughout the game.

There are some big and proper Zelda dungeons later, if you stick to the story path. I suggest just putting a pin marker in a spot that looks interesting on the map and just traverse the entire kingdom on foot to find a way to get there, but stop and check stuff out on the way if it looks like something.

This is good advice. I'll give the game a week or two longer to see if it shapes up.

I remember playing 22 hours of Dark Souls before I "got" the game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The first 5-10 hours of BOTW are the best part of the game.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I like the middle part. The begininng is partly frustrating, but that sweet spot where you kinda know what you're doing but you aren't really overpowered and burned out from shrine fatigue yet is great.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zelda: Buddy, Obviously The Worst!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
In the early game you're a frail person that can't quite traverse any terrain, dies to bad combat choices, and can only carry a few glass weapons.

By the end game, you're a nigh-invulnerable mobile armory.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I thought it sucked how fragile Link was at the start of the game but got really into things about 8 hours in or so.

Then on the second playthrough I did after I had plenty of practice I realized that being able to parry consistently is all that matters and sort of breaks the game and was able to just walk straight to Ganon and beat his rear end with a wooden shield.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quick someone post Bowsette

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

punk rebel ecks posted:

All those things are bad yeah

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Haven;'t read any posts itt but have they re;leased Euro Truck Simulator 2 for switch yet

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

track day bro! posted:

Haven;'t read any posts itt but have they re;leased Euro Truck Simulator 2 for switch yet

No.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sakurazuka posted:

Quick someone post Bowsette

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

put the crown on nook

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Spellman posted:

Basically unusable after using the highly configurable Lamical T-Stand. It works, but it's a complicated piece of plastic that occupies desk space, and only has two viewing angles

No venting holes on the Lamical.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

obi_ant posted:

No venting holes on the Lamical.

Why would you need venting if you're playing undocked?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

The Hori stand is practical and Good, and has attractive Nintendo Switch™️ branding.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

put the crown on nook
That's already been done.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Is F-Zero SX out yet?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Frankston posted:

Is F-Zero SX out yet?
Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

punk rebel ecks posted:

Also the game switching from no voice acting to voice acting is jarring.

Change the voices to a language you don't understand, then the terrible acting wont be so jarring.