Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is there anything similar to Four Swords for Switch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

OhFunny posted:

I’ll never trust headphones you have to charge.

Wait til you hear about the switch

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Wait til you hear about the switch

Get those joycons out of your ears

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If I’m using AirPods, does the new firmware make a Genki obsolete? I’m not sure what codecs the Genki uses for AirPods. The fast switching is useful and It does work on my PS4 as well.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Every course has hidden keys in it and you can collect and spend those to unlock more vehicles. And racing with any vehicle earns experience for customization and enhancement

Whoops. Looks like I'm buyin' a video game.

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

The only person I know who owns wired headphones is a bass player who hasn't gotten laid in like 8 years so, yes, you are pretty much correct.

I haven't played bass in years.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If I’m using AirPods, does the new firmware make a Genki obsolete? I’m not sure what codecs the Genki uses for AirPods. The fast switching is useful and It does work on my PS4 as well.

Apple stuff uses AAC ideally or SBC as a fallback, and the Genki stuff claims to support AAC so it should be better than the Switch built in version which only does SBC

e: looking further it seems like Genki may have dropped AAC on units made past a certain point? Earlier information mentions it but it's not listed on the current specs page

repiv fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Sep 15, 2021

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

rt4 posted:

Depends on what you want out of it. Monaco is the closest thing I can think of that's 4 players, but it's more about stealth than action. Trine is 3 players, it hits a lot of the same beats as four swords. Most of the dungeon crawlers with action and puzzles are 2p

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Tried out the bluetooth audio with airpods. Bad latency, bad quality, and worst of all, the two earpieces were out of sync. I'm not an audiophile by any stretch of the imagination, but this nearly unusable. I guess it's still nice to have the option if I happen to forget both wired headphones and an adapter?

JUST GIVE US FOLDERS NINTENDO, PLEASE.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Tempura Wizard posted:

worst of all, the two earpieces were out of sync.

That's on your lovely headphones bro. I had zero issues with that.

And the delay was at most a quarter second. Long enough to notice in a rhythm game, ignorable for anything else.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I don't think the Genki I have has AAC but tbh, they sound fine with airpods if I'm using them on a bus or plane

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
drat when it rains it pours

https://twitter.com/Adequate_Scott/status/1438143299467030534?s=19

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The way this is worded makes it seem like you cant actually play the movies in the app

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

The way this is worded makes it seem like you cant actually play the movies in the app

Can you!!?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

mandatory lesbian posted:

That tweet is not from nintendo

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Switch has finally died due to lack of games.

Just a Netflix machine now. :smith:

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

rt4 posted:

Overcooked is sorta like it, in that you must coordinate and work as a team and delegate tasks etc

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

rt4 posted:

Ruins of Tasos is exactly this.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Where's the Blockbuster app

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Does Netflix even still do physical media rentals? I completely forgot that was ever a thing.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Cattail Prophet posted:

Does Netflix even still do physical media rentals? I completely forgot that was ever a thing.

they sure do. it's a separate subscription from the streaming service but if you go to dvd.netflix.com it's a real blast from the past

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Goddamnit Scott

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Announce folders for Smash.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Mister Facetious posted:

And the delay was at most a quarter second. Long enough to notice in a rhythm game, ignorable for anything else.

I think this is why they never enabled it to begin with, a quarter second is a bonkers amount of lag that I could never live with in a million years. I think what they didn't count on is that a whole lot of people somehow either don't notice or don't care. I wish I were one of those people.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
If it helps people who don't like wireless headphones the high quality ones tend to come with a 3.5 mm jack that locks in and lets you use them unpowered.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

tried pairing up some earbuds and yeah there's easily like 250-300ms of lag

absolutely useless

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

To my ears it sounded more like 234 ms of lag, give or take a half millisecond

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

also seeing reports of bluetooth controller input stalling when bluetooth audio is enabled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvzfhOS_n5M

the switch has terrible wifi so i wouldn't be surprised if the bluetooth radio also has barely any bandwidth to go around

Weedle
May 31, 2006

the imps that operate the wireless data pumps are so tired

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I'm not one to defend Nintendo as y'all might know, but it seems to me that they chose to not enable Bluetooth headphones because the feature does not perform up to their standards. Any audio lag or latency is an instant deal breaker imo

I'm not sure what the root cause of that is probably weak underpowered hardware or cheap rear end budget Bluetooth receivers that can't handle all the active connections?

It don't work good that's for sure

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 15, 2021

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

repiv posted:

also seeing reports of bluetooth controller input stalling when bluetooth audio is enabled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvzfhOS_n5M

the switch has terrible wifi so i wouldn't be surprised if the bluetooth radio also has barely any bandwidth to go around

Definitely a bandwidth issue. You can only have 2 controllers synced while using BT audio, and no BT audio when linked to other Swtiches for local multiplayer. It seems like they never intended the bluetooth hardware in the switch to support audio, and just hacked in the bare minimum to appease people.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

maybe it will work better on the swoled

probably not, none of the hardware revisions to date have improved the wifi

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i have wired headphones at my desktop

the last time i used wired headphones for a handheld though would maybe be.. idk the PSP? Maybe the DS Lite? if I'm with company I just mute the thing

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Switch speakers seem lovely can’t imagine relying on them

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

hatty posted:

The Switch speakers seem lovely can’t imagine relying on them

Don't worry Nintendo is offering a $350 upgrade which is sure to address this very issue! Gosh they really are looking out for us aren't they

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

If Bluetooth headphones work, would a Bluetooth speaker as well?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Waffle! posted:

If Bluetooth headphones work, would a Bluetooth speaker as well?

Yep!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

yeah it's the same thing as far as the switch is concerned

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

New Dread mini-trailer showing some exciting new tech I don't think we've seen yet: monkey bars!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsM2kkaaZwQ

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol just lol if you haven't gone full blackout mode on Dread after the 2nd trailer made it painfully clear they were gonna market the game hard and show everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

lol just lol if you haven't gone full blackout mode on Dread after the 2nd trailer made it painfully clear they were gonna market the game hard and show everything.