Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

SelenicMartian posted:

So much poo poo is going to release next week.
After the space game, there's the Syberia trash, Passpartout, The Room...

Spintires is coming November.

Oh, I should try the demo of Taiko no Tatsujin.

I liked Syberia 1 and 2 way back in the day. I watched the trailer in the eShop for 3 and it doesn't feel like the same series.

Also a complete lack of game play in the trailer is always a lovely thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Postmaster GBS posted:

man. gently caress megaman

Just play on casual, or even newcomer. What's the point of a game if you're not having fun?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

53% dislike so far...
Even if they focused on the objective measure of sales, it'd take a year and a half to get the top 75. This is clearly not what they are doing as titles like Might Bomb Jack aren't on that list anyway.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I felt kind of underwhelmed by Blossom Tales.
Next year there will be a kickstarted game called Hazelnut Bastille, which looks to scratch that LttP itch.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I can't imagine paying for content. All entertainment should be made for free, for me.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I know about the Nintendo tax and all, but isn't it a bit much that the (slightly updated) port of Katamari Damacy costs 50% more than when it was first released 14 years ago?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Kinda confirms my feeling that the $300 console-only SKU needs to either come down or include a game.
It broke record U.S. sales for the history of Nintendo systems. Doesn't that show the exact opposite? :confused:

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Re: Switch Record Sales
Nothing in the article explicitly said anything about sales or bundle. I figured it was just because during Cyber Monday there is an increased demand for buying things.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

Does Katamari have a joycon motion option? I don't usually go for non-aim-related motion control, but that feels like it'd be a winner.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Sadly no. I could see a simple tilting style with HD rumble being super effective or the ability to hold a joycon in each hand upright like control sticks and using them in the same way the joy sticks are used but it’s just a simple copy-paste of the PS2 controls

Katamari does have a motion option.
It's not very apparent, but if you go to the Control Config (bird), there is an option for Control Type: Motion Controls. It will reset back to Usual Controls if your Joy-Con are attached to the console though.

I don't know how to play the tutorial with them so not exactly sure how it Controls though.

EDIT: Fixing quote breakage

The Merkinman fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Dec 12, 2018

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

So no announcement about what bottom of the barrel NES games we're getting in January? Did Nintendo figure "eh, enough people play Smash online so we don't even have to offer anything else anymore"?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Nintendo PiP P!N

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Wouldn't they make the Switch screen larger in the same footprint with smaller bezels, upgrade the screen to 1080p and upgrade the CPU /RAM to allow games to run undocked at the aforementioned resolution?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I just got the birthday discount email!
30% off...
but only on select titles...
for 3DS and WiiU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Metroid Prime 4 will be in (re)development for a couple of years, and then scrapped again to be made for the Switch's successor.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

This is like iOS and Android updates where one of the features is new emoji.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

Nintendo's recent shareholder meeting said that they consider it important to expand the exposure to their IPs in other media (this is the strategy behind all the mobile games, for instance). That's something that pays off for decades. It wouldn't surprise me if the Mario movie is just the beginning.
Like breakfast? We could get some sort of Nintendo Cereal System!

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Nintendo listened to your feedback. We kept hearing you say "we don't want 3 NES games a month", so as of 2019, we will only provide 2 NES games a month!*

*Our homeland will still get 3 as they know better than to complain.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

The Bloop posted:

I guess, but everybody knew about it.

There are also 2 other warp whistles that you can get early in the game, so even without it you can easily skip worlds 3-7
Get the first warp whistle on 1-3, the second in the fortress, then use the warp whistle while on the warps whistle island to skip world 2 and go straight to 8

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

asecondduck posted:

Oh wait I think I confused Bloodstained with another Castlevania knockoff homage, which is the one where you had three characters?
That's Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, a sidegame to Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (the one on the direct).

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Animal Crossing took a weird direction

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

The game Link's Awakening is weird because it was (partially?) inspired by Twin Peaks of all things. Then decades later in Twin Peaks: The Return there is the line "We are like the dreamer who dreams then lives inside the dream"

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

did it then go "Let us awake...together" and then 8 instruments started playing themselves in a trippy hallucination

No, but it would have made as much sense. Instead, the lead went through some interdimensional portal, woke up in a hotel, drove to the house of the murder victim from 25 years ago (with that dimension's version of said murder victim) but when the lead got to the house, the person who owns the house in real life answered and then the murder victim screamed
Also not kidding about the Twin Peaks inspiration. Like a famous line in Twin Peaks is "the owls are not what they seem" and what Legend of Zelda game introduced Kaepora Gaebora?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Link's Awakening is a great game, but I hope they add content (even more than the extra dungeon in DX). Either that, or it's only ~$30. Paying $60 for 1993/8 gameboy(color)-sized content seems a bit much.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

So which will it be for March Nintendo Online?
The rumored SNES games as a special two year anniversary of the Switch
2 mediocre NES games while Japan still gets 3.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

The creator of Baba is You is a Goon , so maybe they'll post here.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1103097867810541568?s=21
gently caress yes. I’ve been waiting for Startropics. I hope they eventually get to Zoda’s Revenge as well.
So that's just how it will be now. Scraping the barrel for 3, decades old, NES games a month was too much, so now we only get 2 a month.
I foolishly thought they'd have something special for the switch anniversary. Maybe by the 3rd anniversary they'll be at a point where they just remove NES games.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

I don't have Mario Odyssey yet, so that's an easy get for Mario Day.
I do have Super Mario Odyssey as well as Mario Kart 8, what's the best Mar10 game on sale that's not those two?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

12pm EST. So in about 40 minutes.
12pm EDT :science:

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

It's a game. You can lose at games.
The problem with Cuphead's easy mode is that you can't win.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Aarne described Cyber Shadow to us as an NES-style game that had ... the dark visual aesthetic of Batman.
Mission accomplished there. I was going to say how it reminded me of Batman visually for some reason, but then I saw this quote.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Golgo13 posted:

I'd really love this too, SNES games would find me using this far more than I have so far.

That's what the Switch Pro is for.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Nintendo being generous and giving us 3 NES* games this time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJDYwXNYt9U

* but the lost levels was never released on the NES, it was on the Famicom
:goonsay:

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-X08diBUTQ

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Rolo posted:

Ayyyyy where’s my April direct, Nintendo? Gotta talk about smash 3.0 at some point.
Bowser is in charge now!

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

MechaSeinfeld posted:

snes games on switch has got to be announced at e3 with like, smw and dkc released that week right. there's no way it gets to July and it's still like "here's festers quest and a mappy rom hack"

SNES games available... On the new Switch Pro!!

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Nes games are up. Get a Clu
Wow these NES games must be so much work if they finally release them halfway through the month.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Did we not get our scraps of bargain bin NES games yesterday because, judging by last month, now they release at the middle of the month?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Luigi's Mansion and Links Awakening playable at E3

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1136603644353294337

"The presentation, which focuses entirely on software, will offer a look at games scheduled to launch in 2019."

Will also be having an E3 sale https://e3.nintendo.com/sale

Like Scooter, I am very much Hype.
Where do you see anything about a sale?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Avirosb posted:

Because I'd rather have a proper Wario Land game, that's why :colbert:
But that wasn't shown either :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

At first I was shocked that Link's Awakening was going to cost $60, but, while I can't remember exactly how much it was in 1993, it seems $35 in 1993 is $61.90 today