Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

Don’t forget the excellent Double Dragon and Kunio Collection.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/double-dragon-and-kunio-kun-retro-brawler-bundle-switch/

It’s absolutely worth picking up on sale. Some of the games are in English officially for the first time.

Isn't that the digital only version of the "Kunio-Kun" collection on PS4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

jackhunter64 posted:

It's called Super Mario 35 because that's the average age of the playerbase

poo poo! Then I have to wait a few years before I can play Super Mario 64...

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Mega64 posted:

If the Switch isn't supposed to be horny then why did they name the controllers JoyCons?

Because they totally conned you to think they bring you joy!

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

Just wait for stardew 1.5 as per your older posts imo. It seems even AC diehards give it up after a few months. Obviously it had a lot of success last year but it seems most people had had their fill of it by the end of summer based on posts itt

I still play it. Not as much as before but it is still relaxing.

But I think after you reached your goal to "get KK Slider" on your island to perform a concert and then seeing the credits roll, a sende of "finished" creeps into the mind. After that you can basically still do the same things as before and "optimize" your island but it doesn't feel the same as before when you had that new island rush.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think it's hosed up that animal crossing didn't put out dlc for the player to descend into the labyrinth below the island and explore procedurally generated dungeons all in a pursuit to find eldritch blood to infuse into themselves and transcend humanity

So, you actually want a remake of the 3DS game Tomadachi Life?

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Dabir posted:

Turrican's on the Switch?

E: lmao good, no Super Turdican 2 (or Super Turrican NES but that's to be expected)

You only get Super Turrican 2 on the GOOD (more expensive...) collections ;-)

https://www.strictlylimitedgames.com/turrican/

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Is there a list of all VR games on the Switch?

And why is there no VirtualBoy section in the Nintendo Online games? :-)

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Anyone played CYANIDE & HAPPINESS: FREAKPOCALYPSE already?

I just found out that the Switch is not a good place for Point and Click adventure :-)

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

hatty posted:

Why what happened

It is just too slow. Point n Click needs a quick mouse. (And I only found out after playing it that this is only part 1 of three... *sigh*)

The game itself is fine. Similar to the South Park games (not quite as good). I won't go into the german localization but if you can understand English it is funny. Atm not quite as black humorous as the webcomic.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

Did they really not include any kind of gyro pointer or touchscreen function? It seems like a real no-brainer for a point and click adventure

Not really. Though there is the function that you can cycle through some of the nearest hotspots where your pointer is but it did not help really while pixel hunting. Gyro pointer would have been awesome. But you control movement with the left stick and the pointer with the right stick.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

abelwingnut posted:

what exactly happened with superman 64? wasn't it a cyberpunk-level disaster on release that obviously couldn't be patched?

If you would like to have the Superman64 feeling on the SWITCH get "Vroom in the Night Sky"!

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
*glances to the enormous digital clock on the wall under a huge sign that says HADES PHYSICAL RELEASE*

Monster Hunter what?

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

The Bloop posted:

Depends why

If you like boxes then yes

If it's for resale then assume 99% of people who want it already have it digitally and resale wont be high

It is a Yay! Not only does the Hades physical release have an extra code for the soundtrack bu something like a PRINTED MANUAL (or mini artbook). And THAT is the way!

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Mega64 posted:

Please delete and break any copies of Super Mario 3D All-Stars you currently possess or Nintendo will send its army of uncles to ensure you join Mario im the afterlife.

If they send me Uncle Roger, i will get Egg Fried Rice!

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

myself and most of the rest of the smb35 twitch community can still play and are still getting into matches with each other

You certainly can! Just not in Super Mario Brothers 35.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

The Maroon Hawk posted:

The immediate future sure looks bleak as hell though, we have...what, Mario Golf? And Skyward Sword which I guess is exciting for those of us that didn't play it before but still, c'mon Nintendo

Famicom Detective Club.

I really am excited about that.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Smirking_Serpent posted:

offbeat suggestion, but I bet you could play Resident Evil 1 remake, Onimusha, and maybe RE4 with one hand.

One hand gaming is a different threat...

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

Completely shooting from the hip and talking out of my rear end here, but I'll have a go at why. It might be because English is so widespread? It suffers from its own popularity, so to speak. Finding someone who speaks English well enough to get by is pretty easy, but finding someone who does it WELL and has a particular skill set that's good for localizing is a lot harder. Whereas with German, you're dealing with a smaller subset of people who speak it, so your chances of getting someone worth a drat for a localization job is higher? Maybe?

Or I could be completely wrong.

I think we in Germany just got lucky. Looking at old Japanese and Chinese movies, some of our localization teams had no understanding of what was going on onscreen and just made up their own story. Which sometimes is pretty hilarious.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

DorianGravy posted:

I agree with this. I still really like the Pokemon series, but the battles can be tedious. Like you said, observing/cataloging is cool, and I bet they could make a fun spinoff centered around that (but still having the towns, shops, and other role-playing aspects). Or, maybe just replace battles with a fast-paced puzzle, like a Pokemon Puzzle League RPG. Or Pokemon Pinball RPG.

Now I really would love the see a POCKET MONSTER HUNTER: RISE OF THE PHOTO SAFARI game.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Where is my dark alliance

https://twitter.com/BlackIsleStudio/status/1390699620473483264?s=20

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

hatty posted:

2 is the best one

I like my numbers 2, too.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Gear.Club Unlimited is currently available for 3 Euros. Any word on it? Is it good? Especially for that price?

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Now I see the magical drops...

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
But will he still be naked?

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Devorum posted:

Is Dark Alliance available on the Switch yet?

I just checked and... YES!

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Why does this threat discuss "Bioschlock Interminable" for 100 pages like it is the "Next Hades" when we just got Miitopia which is the far superior Ayn Rand videogame?

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Has anybody tried Tales of Djungarian Hamster yet?

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

John Wick of Dogs posted:

One time I sat next to Fred durst and Carson Daly. They wouldn't stop arguing about like which one of them was the first to do something or other, I don't remember what.

But when Christina Aguilera asks you if you'll switch seats with her you say yes

A reference to a song that came out in 2000... impressive. And you are old :-)

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Senator Drinksalot posted:

So is Miitopia like Tomodachi Life? Never played it but always wanted to try it out.

Do you remember that minigame in Tomadachi Life called Tomadachi Quest? It is most like this and a abit of that Streetpass Mii Lobby "Save The Crown" game with a little bit of Tomadachi Life relationship management attached to it.
If you liked the humor in TL, you will probably like Miitopia. But be aware that this is also a game which you should play in small doses before you are burnt out and this game is about 30 hours long for the main story.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

My favorite is Asura's Wrath for that kind of stuff. It had mid episode eyecatches and episode previews so it was like an actual anime.

And you had to buy the DLC to get the ending...

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Electromax posted:

An homage name like Super Switch or Switch Advance is better than phone-sounding plus or pro, but people seem split on whether it's a big enough jump. A revision is less exciting than a "Switch 2", but I guess the Game Boy -> Game Boy Color shows that it can be done even with revision-exclusive games (a sort of half-sequel).

As an hommage to themselves and sicne this is an update to prolong the existence of the hardware and not make something outstanding new (probably), Nintendo should call it the "Switch 1-Up".

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Chronojam posted:

It's not built in but yes you can get an adapter that sits in the bottom of the switch for Bluetooth audio

Not yet but the Switch 1-Up (or Pro) will have it antively, said someone on the Internet with an uncle...

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Better performance, what?

The new Switch 1-Up reintroduces Steetpass and Mii-Plaza!

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

100 degrees Calcium posted:

There's something of an endgame, I haven't had time to dig into it at all. Part of it is just achievement-hunting, but there seems to be some new areas and possibly some new story? If there are more jobs to unlock (there were sadly very few in the main game), I'd be interested in going forward, but otherwise it feels like it would just be a huge waste of time. I played through it hoping there would be something interesting hidden underneath all the tedium, but it really stretches a bare minimum of content through an unconscionable amount of repetition and doesn't offer much in return. Mostly it just made me want to go back to Dragon Quest XI.

I played Miitopia and found it is Tomadachi Life Quest but expanded. So, basically i knew what to expect. This game is better played in small doses or you burn out fast on it.

Playing every path on a map until then endgame, I only had to use the sprinkles only when I made a bad decision (like being underpowered but fighting the 2 harpies in the desert).

However, in the post game content, if you try to get the new job on the Galados Isle, there was a real struggle with my characters in one cave although I basically walked through the last boss before. So, that was challenging and exciting.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
I heard that they will make a 2.5D remake of the original Legend of Zelda but only for PC and mobile...

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Hedrigall posted:

I don’t ask for much, just
Botw 2 full reveal/title/date/gameplay etc
Zelda wwhd & tphd collection or separate OR a bigger Zelda 35th anniversary collection
New 2d zelda (or ooa/oos remakes would be ok)

I heard the whole Zelda collection is part of the Skyward Sword release. You just have to use the bird Amiibo every time you want to play one.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Coca Cola confirms Switch Pro!

https://twitter.com/CocaCola_Br/status/1404451035679281152?s=20

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E33PpXMVoAEgl9M?format=jpg&name=large

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Nintendo actually puts their games on the cart though.

IF you are lucky and don't want FAMICOM DETECTIVE CLUB on cartrige...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Mega64 posted:

Want a free gang tag?

All I want you to do is to post in this thread a video, screenshot, or even a text description of the coolest thing you've done in a Switch game. That's it. Do that until sometime Monday evening (US Eastern time) and I'll give you the gang tag. If you've posted it before in this or another thread, feel free to quote it here and I'll count it.

If you have any preferences on where to place the tag let me know, otherwise I'll put it above other tags but below custom text. I'll also let you know if there's text limit issues for whatever reason.

drat, should read this topic more often and not only when the amount of new posts looks high enough for a good read xD