Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
When can I play Megamens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Mega64 posted:

The Nintendo Bitch Thread

We're all Nintendo's bitches

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I'm a few hours into Breath of the Wild Just left Kakoriko Village and so far I find the game...bad?

Link is crazy underpowered so far and his stamina is so low that he just gets tired all the time. I also hate that dungeons are now bitesized small areas instead of the scaling mammoths the franchise was known for. Also, all weapons being made of cardboard is really dumb. Also the game switching from no voice acting to voice acting is jarring.

All those things are bad yeah

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I really wish I could have infinite lives in Mega Man 11 because lives is a stupid archaic video game system that should go away forever, but the only way to do that is to play it on the super easy mode. The big problem with super easy mode is that if you fall in a pit you don't die at all or even get hurt, you get rescued by a bird robot.

I want the infinite lives of the super easy mode but without the rest of the easy mode stuff. I'm perfectly fine with beating my head against the same boss over and over (the acid guy who is hard as gently caress) but doing that and losing all my lives and having to do the ENTIRE stage over is the worst.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Did the fix the door jump thing in MM11???

content posted:

I’ve also been wondering about this.

They, sadly, did not.

Kly posted:

can you guys who got megaman 11 tell me what changes the easiest mode makes? or is there a list somewhere? im only finding announcement info when i google

Newcomer mode has: Unlimited lives, way more health, less enemies on screen, if you fall in a pit a robot bird will get you out and you won't die, I don't think spikes insta-kill you, and I think something else with the gear system

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I have had zero issues with my joycons and when I doubled dipped on Celeste on Steam, I missed being able to have the controller separated in half

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Stan Taylor posted:

For the record we used both my joycons and also his, both from around launch. I had sent in one of mine to be fixed and it was better but still unreliable. They extremely suck rear end. Lmfao if you don't have a pro controller tbh.

You also broke your joycons, you are an irresponsible Switch owner

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Celeste is actually the 11 while Mega Man is just a 5

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Who the gently caress is trying to tear down the gorilla glass industry?? Show yourself coward

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Only wedding you need to worry about is the wedding between Princess Peach and Bowser in that hit 2017 Nintendo classic, Mario Odyssey

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Tell her there's no replayability in weddings unlike video games and then you'll be on your way to Switch Town

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

a social gathering

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Shovel Knight is as close to a perfect game as you're gonna get, hth

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Yo does Nintendo have a patent on the split controller thing because I need that poo poo on my PC like yesterday

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/unlockii/status/1049233971584946178?s=21

:discourse:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Same

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I respect Jessica Nigri's hustle

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The Bloop posted:

I do like games and I hope a lot of games come out for Nintendo Switch but I'm going to be honest and admit that after Smash comes out I'm probably not going to be buying or playing any more new games for a while

It's literally all I'm going to play probably until Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out. I look forward to my christmas vacation being mostly Smash. I look forward to Ultimately Smashing on a plane

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dark Souls sounds like a miserable experience and anytime people come in to defend it they somehow make it sound even worse, I'll stick to accidently dashing diagonally into spikes in Celeste thank you very much

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

if you can handle celeste you can handle dark souls

I will hand...off dark souls to the garbage man

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Nothing but respect for MY Dark Souls

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I do love how you're likely to enter that world dressed as a cartoon chef or the Mario Paint costume, and can't change until after you defeat the dragon.

I'm pretty sure you can still go into the ship itself and change in there

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I came across this and hoping it was some kind of fan project that was being worked on because it looks real good, but then in the description it says that it's not a game or anything, just a proof of concept :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG6lVNJSe04

:negative: :negative: :negative:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Finally Breath of the Wild is good

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

GET THE RABBID GAME IT'S VERY GOOD

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

It wasn't fun I didn't want my weapon to break. It's ok though there are other games that don't have weapons break like the Much Better Mario x Rabbids and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

D-drat...

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Botw's bad durability system doesn't matter anyway cause Link's Awakening is the best Zelda game

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I've never played XCOM and I don't particuilarly like tactics games in general, but Mario x Rabbids just did something right that totally clicked for me. Plus unlike XCOM it's a very pretty game :colbert:

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXP-ymiRPKo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAZYGX5KpRs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH-cpqE-efw

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I mean people call call it Mario XCOM cause the very basic gameplay is similar and there's not really anything else to compare it to. Overall it's definitely more of a puzzle game than XCOM is

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

Lmao. I go in GameStop's website to see if the Solaire amiibo was available yet. It wasn't, Wolf was. So I ordered that. A few minutes later Solaire goes on sale.

Congrats on ordering the better amiibo :)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

ungulateman posted:

Why is buying a grey switch with no games the same price as buying some neon puke one with fortnite :barf: and Minecraft :barf: :barf: pre-installed

Minecraft is good, grandpa

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Captain Queernabs posted:

any good games in the switch library which i might have missed and aren't, like, super popular? i tend not to buy games very often and i'm looking for something juicy to play. i'd prefer no metroidvanias... i have enough of those. the switch library seems massive but navigation is pretty limited to what's popular _now_.

Night in the Woods was the best game of 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Can't wait for Banjo & Kazooie to fight Cloud Strife in a skate park with this song in the background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeNKhm09Q88

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

https://twitter.com/TrineSeries/status/1055081770998251520

Surprise! If you thought Frozenbyte's Trine series was dead for good after the disastrous third installment, well, I don't fault you for thinking so.

Hopefully they go back to the 2.5D thing they did with the first two

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

Not much, what’s hidden with you?

This made me laugh harder than I'd like to admit

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Someone zoom and crop the gif so that it's just Peach and Pauline

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

What am I supposed to do with these platinum points? I have 1130 of them, but as far as I can tell, there is literally not a single worthwhile thing to bother using them on. I'm not gonna buy WiiU stuff anymore, I haven't had a 3DS in a long time, and everything else is like... nothing. You'd think for such a big deal currency that has an expiration date on them they'd offer something a bit more interesting

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Kirby freemium game?