Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god! That Tarzan yell! :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
A strong awoo :3:

Me.
I will look after these adorable goblins and all these pups

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I couldn't stop imagining Sugitmoto whenever Ranga spoke. :mmmhmm:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Wait - is this one cour or two

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I assumed 1 but it turns out it's 24 episodes. nice. :toot: That explains why the intro has stuff from so late in the manga.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
For such a video-gamey anime, this show really does feature some great, naturalistic animation. People already pointed out the dude adjusting his clothing last episode, and in the latest, check out the part where the Direwolves attack. One or two of the goblins beef their shots and the arrows just bounce off the fence directly in front of them. The devil's in the details.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sindai posted:

I assumed 1 but it turns out it's 24 episodes. nice. :toot: That explains why the intro has stuff from so late in the manga.

Ah, cool. Just hope they can keep up the high animation standard all the way through.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
My assumption is that it'll go further than wherever manga scanlations currently are. Like even the manga spinoff takes place after where scanlations currently are.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Clarste posted:

Slime obviously evolves into slime king, and he is now king of the goblins so it checks out.

a slime king takes multiple slimes, actually

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Let's post good slimes.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

7c Nickel posted:

Let's post good slimes.

https://twitter.com/crapmachine/status/1047645565197070343?s=19

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I'd post the picture we drew of a gelatinous cube from our D&D game, but I remembered it ate our fighter who walked up to it and touched it with his bare hands.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Slime for the Slime God.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

7c Nickel posted:

Let's post good slimes.

* wiggles at you for critical damage *

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

...Stole that sword didn't you?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

NowonSA posted:

I've only heard of this one, I'm curious if there are other slime focused ones.

Gotta catch up on the manga now too, I remember enjoying it but then didn't follow up with it after I caught up to where it was.

The man chosen by the gods, about some guy who's reincarnated by 3 gods. He then goes to discover everything about slimes and starts creating his own slimes, a very 'slime rancher' type thing. He ends up with literally thousands and thousands of slimes capable of amazing feats. I got bored and dropped it when that amazing feat was sending in thousands of slimes to clean up all the crap in the sewers and outhouse holes.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

~Slimes~

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sulimu-desu

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

khy posted:

The man chosen by the gods, about some guy who's reincarnated by 3 gods. He then goes to discover everything about slimes and starts creating his own slimes, a very 'slime rancher' type thing. He ends up with literally thousands and thousands of slimes capable of amazing feats. I got bored and dropped it when that amazing feat was sending in thousands of slimes to clean up all the crap in the sewers and outhouse holes.

Sanitation slimes is a pretty neat idea imo.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

paragon1 posted:

Sanitation slimes is a pretty neat idea imo.

It was a genuinely neat premise where he discovers slimes by putting them into unique situations. Slimes grow based on what they encounter, so if they encounter diseases then they get disease resistance, if he puts them in poison they get poison resistance, etc. I don't remember many details but I do recall there was one slime that was like a disinfectant slime, or cleaning slime of some sort and he made it by having his slimes drink bathwater. He lives with slimes and only slimes in the forest until people show up and kickstart the story.

Also the way he gets Isekai'ed is quite silly.

There's both a LN and a manga of it if you wanna check it out. I got the title SLIGHTLY wrong, it's "The man picked up by the gods".

khy fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 16, 2018

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
man picked up by the gods is an excellent example of how a protagonist needs to struggle. that one never does. he's functionally invincible, has no real enemies, finds innumerable ways of making money out of nothing, and has social connections out the wazoo. he never faces the slightest difficulty in his second life as a way to make up for the rather mundane difficulties in his first life.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Knorth posted:

~Slimes~
I assume it was intentional.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Lol yeah I wondered about that, maybe someone is a fan :3

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

man picked up by the gods is an excellent example of how a protagonist needs to struggle. that one never does. he's functionally invincible, has no real enemies, finds innumerable ways of making money out of nothing, and has social connections out the wazoo. he never faces the slightest difficulty in his second life as a way to make up for the rather mundane difficulties in his first life.

To be honest, that's something of a problem in this series too. He gets godlike powers out of nowhere, immediately solves the goblins' problem and gets worshipped, even manages to befriend the wolves whose leader he just killed, etc etc.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rimuru at least faces conflict. he's still easily able to handle said conflict because it's a shallow power fantasy, but it's there.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
right, it's like the ideal life kazuma from konosuba craves. just living a life of empty wealth and leisure, without any responsibilities or danger. and as we all know, kazuma is a piece of poo poo.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

right, it's like the ideal life kazuma from konosuba craves. just living a life of empty wealth and leisure, without any responsibilities or danger. and as we all know, kazuma is a piece of poo poo.

Kazuma is a slimier motherfucker than Rimuru, literal slime.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I feel like this series can get by without as much meaningful conflict because the visual comedy is pretty on point and the general tone is enough of a "Gee-whiz, there's lots of cool stuff in this world huh" sort of thing that it almost works in the same way that an easygoing slice'o'life show does.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

I feel like this series can get by without as much meaningful conflict because the visual comedy is pretty on point and the general tone is enough of a "Gee-whiz, there's lots of cool stuff in this world huh" sort of thing that it almost works in the same way that an easygoing slice'o'slife show does.
FTFY, but yeah, that's the feel I'm getting from this series.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Interesting, when I was checking out the manga available on scanlation sites I thought it would end before the latest chapters in the manga, just based on the pacing so far even at a 24 episode 2 cour situation. If they get further I'm all for it.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I appreciate that the God Slime is very willing not to be a dick about things and is in fact downright nice even if he isn't really experiencing problems doing his thing. That said I think I would find the rapid fire skill acquisition less grating if they didn't belt out Skill Get everytime he does anything. Like the water manipulation thing is just him figuring how to abuse his internal storage system, you don't have to jam it on his character sheet!

Caidin fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Oct 17, 2018

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Caidin posted:

I appreciate that the God Slime is very willing not to be a dick about things and is in fact downright nice even if he isn't really experiencing problems doing his thing. That said I think I would find the rapid fire skill acquisition less grating if they didn't belt out Skill Get everytime he does anything. Like the water manipulation thing is just him figuring how to abuse his internal storage system, you don't have to jam it on his character sheet!

SKILL GET

Poster Caidin has acquired the skill "Critical Analysis"

SKILL COMBINE

"Critical Analysis" has combined with "Edit" to form new skill "Just Posting"

SKILL GET

[etc. etc.]

(I find it charming tbh but maybe it'll wear thin on me)

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It's not like it'll come up all of the time. I like it too, but I think it's the voice that sells it for me.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Also to be fair skills are a big deal. They kinda hint at that this episode with how the goblins are aware their clothing and structures are lovely, but literally none of them have the relevant skill for clothesmaking or building.

KomeradeCanadian
Jun 22, 2014

Clarste posted:

To be honest, that's something of a problem in this series too. He gets godlike powers out of nowhere, immediately solves the goblins' problem and gets worshipped, even manages to befriend the wolves whose leader he just killed, etc etc.

I feel like this one handles it better than Overlord. Here, the slime is higher lvl and has helpful skills. And may have potential to cheat himself other op abilities. Most other isekai the protagonist/self insert fantasy is so godlike they have no fear of death and other inhabitants are mites to exterminate.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

This show is so impossibly cute, I'm really lovin' it. Episode 2 was pretty reassuring on my pacing concerns, but this episode went at a nice clip that I'm more than happy with. I really loved the goblin village and I'm lookin forward to seeing how this trading mission goes!

So hyped to see from the thread that it's getting 24 episodes. :nyoron: Monsters learning to get along is good content.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
"What if you were reborn as a friendly little slime and got to transition into a cute androgynous human with blue hair, and also you befriended all the goblins" is such a specific power fantasy, but darn if I don't feel like this isekai is pandering directly to me.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Its all the little things that make this show awesome. Those wolf tails wagging like crazy as they lined up for names. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
the extremely enthusiastic tail wagging bit is very good, and i hope our good slime never stops getting blown around