Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

What time do the episodes typically go live on Disney+?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I only recently got into The Clone Wars/Rebels, and in the case of TCW, I used a curated watchlist (this one) to get caught up.

Are there any omitted episodes or arcs not in the list that might be recommended while we wait for next week’s episode to drop? I’m always down for more Ahsoka-centric stuff or failing that... Hondo-centric stuff.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Ugh only one episode left? Not sure how they’ll wrap it up in a half hour.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Funky Valentine posted:

Live action Shaak Ti is fuckin' horrifying so I don't think Ahsoka will be much different on that front.

Shaak Ti looked pretty cool as a background character but if you saw her up close :stonk:

I’m hoping the design/makeup artists really took that into consideration with Ahsoka so that Rosario doesn’t look... too alien.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Excellent choice for Thrawn.

Don’t play with my emotions like that.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Teek posted:

Clone Wars spin off series actually being a thing this time around?

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2020/06/rumor-star-wars-the-clone-wars-spin-off-series.html

I know they made at least one attempt at back door pilot during the shows run with that Younglings arc.

The Bad Batch was a good little story arc, not sure how interested I'd be in an entire series about them though.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Vinylshadow posted:

Ziro died during the Clone Wars, unfortunately

Them in live-action would've been fun - fingers crossed for Rotta to return though, although depending on Hutt growth rates, he might still be the equivalent of a child or young teen

Jabba was 604 when he died

"Hey kids, do you like Baby Yoda in The Mandalorian? Well you're going to LOVE Stinky the Hutt in Boba Fett!"

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

VinylonUnderground posted:

Can I buy a DVD of despecialized Star Wars? I prefer the original but if they removed some outlines or whatever I'm willing to accept that.

There are various "despecialized" editions and whatnot that try to present the OT as they originally were in high quality. They're floating around on the net if you know where to look for :filez:

Otherwise there might be bootlegs for sale on eBay or something, but then again, those might get taken down pretty quick. Go check and see.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

pik_d posted:

I stopped watching the animated Star Wars around season 2 or 3 of The Clone Wars, and never got to Rebels or anything else. Can someone give a tl;dr of important things to know about these characters?

They're the A-Team of clone troopers. Basically when they were made they had defective flaws that separated them from normal clones. But unlike the janitor clone whose defects caused him to age too rapidly, these defects made these guys more badass in different ways so they became a special unit of misfits who kick rear end and take names.

I don't remember each of their characteristics because I honestly didn't care for their arc in the Clone Wars cartoon, but they seem to fit the usual sort of military gung-ho super trooper tropes. I think one of them looks like Solid Snake or something.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I don't remember Cut from TCW but I also did a curated watch list so maybe I missed out on his episode(s). Like, I think there was a clone named Cut-Up but I'm pretty sure he died early on?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Dave Syndrome posted:

Oh god why did I google that.

Also annoying: That wrecker's headache was not referenced again.

I really think he was exaggerating just so that he’d have an excuse to stay behind and make a room for Omega.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Phylodox posted:

“I’m a person and my name is Anakin!”

Yeah, I'm guessing it's Vader.

Totally bonkers option: Grogu.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Me at the start of the episode: Hera! :neckbeard:

Me at the end of the episode: Hera… :ohdear:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Larryb posted:

It’s good to see Hera and Chopper again but why does the former have an accent all of a sudden? Was her original actress unavailable or something?

She hasn't spent years off-world surrounded by non Twi'leks yet. If memory serves, she slips back into the accent a bit in Rebels when arguing with her father.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I wonder, for those who never watched Rebels, how would the last episode have come across?

I really enjoyed watching young Hera and everything (read: Chopper), but to someone casually watching it and only seeing the Bad Batch for about a minute, it must have seemed weird as hell.

The AV Club reviewer hasn't seen Rebels and their review was: Meh.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Really? I was the only one to stay up late to see more Hera and Chopper antics? Ok.

i’m glad they didn’t kill off Hera’s mom so soon after introducing her. She’s an interesting character and I hope we see more of her

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Really interesting in seeing how all over the place everyone’s rankings are. Here are mine:

Top 3 that I’d love to see a full series for:
The Ninth Jedi
Lop and Ocho
The Duel

Not too shabby, I appreciate what they were going for:
T0-B1
Akakiri
Tatooine Rhapsody

And the rest:
The Twins
The Elder
The Village Bride

I think I’m one of the only people to be lukewarm on The Elder. For me it felt too pedestrian, pretty by the numbers especially compared to most everything else here.

I love Lop. I forget what her race is but I recall them from the old EU so I hope this is a sign they’ll be back in canon.

The Village Bride is probably the only one I didn’t like at all. It felt less like a self-contained story and more like a scene in the middle of one. I had no idea what the Jedi woman’s deal was or her relationship with her companion and the villains were total pushovers against them.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Dave Syndrome posted:

Sorry about the low quality. The credits list both Camie and Fixer.

Skyler Bible

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I just want to know how a 9 foot tall wookie snuck into Boba’s chambers without a single person or droid noticing.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Lobok posted:

I just thought it was going to be 200 people in a row going "STEPHEN ROOT! :swoon:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Jerkface posted:

this edit is interesting, removes the too good Jabbas painting bit but does make it seem overall more fast paced

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/s3xv7y/spoilers_i_reedited_the_end_scene_from_book_of/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

This feels like it went too far in the other direction with a lot of shots that were too quickly cut. The chase was meant to be goofy so removing one visual gag entirely but then leaving the ending of several other gags without any setup just made it feel like a jumbled mess.

I think the overall speed of the chase was increased a bit? The last bit including the wipeout felt faster imo and that was an improvement. But overall I didn't think it was better than what was presented in the show. I think much of the criticism is just how the entire scene was executed, and simply shortening the length of shots doesn't fundamentally change that.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Dexo posted:

Nope

https://deadline.com/2021/11/star-wars-ahsoka-natasha-liu-bordizzo-sabine-wren-disney-plus-rosario-dawson-1234877527/

I was thinking paint her green and make her Bariss Offee

Unless they bring back that one lady who played her in Clones.

Stick with the green paint and throw in some lekku and you got yourself a Hera.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

That DICK! posted:

I laughed when the scenes jumped from Din being banished for not taking Mando School seriously enough, to him boarding a commercial airliner and relinquishing his Fated Dark Sword of Destiny to a TSA robot. Its like brother you better hope she doesnt find out about this too!!!

I chuckled and got the impression Mando was thinking “Whelp I’m already banished so it’s not like this is gonna make things any worse for me.”

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Robot Style posted:

Someone with more time on their hands already did bigger chunk of the scene, with additional grading to make it match closer to the cartoon version of the character.

I think I like the original's "lighter skin color" look more -- maybe his species bleaches instead of tans under the Tatooine suns. But that new mouth placement... wow that is just perfect.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

:cawg:

Fair enough, I can live with scrunchy-nosed Cad Bane.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Did I miss it or have we already talked about Ray Stevenson joining the cast of Ahsoka to play Admiral Definitely Not Thrawn?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The article I linked to said he’s playing an admiral, but stressed it’s not Thrawn.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I kind of want to rewatch Solo because I wasn’t familiar with what happened in Clone Wars or Rebels when I first saw it, and I feel like I’d enjoy it more now that I’m more familiar with that bit of the Star Wars universe.

And I didn’t even hate Solo when I saw it! I ranked it as “all right, better than what the Internet keeps telling me.”

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Did JEJ die or something? Why not just have him voice Vader like he always has. He’s not going to sound “old” like Hamill does because his voice will already be filtered.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I’m doing a Rebels rewatch to get hyped for Kenobi and just got to the Twin Suns episode. Was there a TVIV thread when that episode first aired I want to go back and read all the :tviv: reactions.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Yeah there were, the reactions to Twin Suns start here.

Thank ya, there sure are a whole lot of wrong opinions in that thread!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Pour one out for Stephen Root on the left, who probably thought he had more than 90 seconds of screen time at the time that photo was taken.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

George R. Binks.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Neo Rasa posted:

That captured rebel pilot, speculation? "I'm not trapped here with you, you're all trapped here with me." -Cinta :getin:

I thought maybe Luthen or Kleya from them conspicuously not being in this episode but then I doubt either would be leaving Coruscant for anything so relatively soon after the big heist, unless poo poo is REALLY hitting the fan next week besides the prison break.

With the timing, you think Vel got scooped up?

The captured pilot was working for that rebel Luthen tried to hook Saw up with last week (the one Saw called "an ox") and the ISB officers refer to as a "he." Cinta is still on Ferrix as far as we know. My guess: the pilot is a nobody that will never get identified, with maybe an outside chance that it was Luthen himself -- which would explain why we didn't see him this episode and we'll get caught up on it next week.

mllaneza posted:

A sonic attack if a recording has the same effect.

Definitely gave me some giant-space-squid-teleports-in-the-middle-of-NYC vibes.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I was really hoping with the episode title being “The Pirate” that the show was going to finally bring Hondo into live action. Sigh… one day.

But on the other hand it did bring Zeb into live action. :neckbeard: Here’s hoping it’s a tease to a larger role in Ahsoka.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Rebels starts off pretty rough and feels extremely kid-oriented… but it quickly rights the ship and gets a whole lot better. I’d say it starts to noticeably improve by the time you get to the second half of the first season and then things really take off in the following seasons.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Cross-Section posted:

Some fun new shots in this extended trailer from the Ahsoka panel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3KUyqMNjY4&t=64s&ab_channel=Jumping_fatty

Thrawn’s face! Sabine fighting with Ezra’s(?) saber!

Goddamn pretty much every new shot in that extended trailer is an absolute baller.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Wolfsheim posted:

Just saw the latest episode and regarding stormtroopers....they fly now??

They looked very similar (but not exactly the same) as Mandalorian armor worn by Mandos loyal to the Empire in Star Wars Rebels. Very possible these are indeed the next generation of Imperial Mandalorians and not stormtroopers at all.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Overall I liked it. Visions Volume 1 I felt had too many “Star Wars but with light saber samurai” episodes and Volume 2 had too many “kid with mysterious powers encounter Jedi” episodes (although Screechers Reach was a delightfully dark twist on the premise)

Screecher’s Reach was definitely my fav, and The Pit was the only one I didn’t care for at all. All the others are solid Animatrix Star Wars here’s hoping they keep ‘em coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I didn't even realise it was a Sith until after the episode was over and was, "...wait a second!"

The key moment of realization was when she told the kid to keep the red lightsaber