Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

imagine a thousand of this guy posting this comment forever and ever on all rent control stories

https://twitter.com/ianferraro/status/1141520364238987264?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Insanite posted:

imagine a thousand of this guy posting this comment forever and ever on all rent control stories

https://twitter.com/ianferraro/status/1141520364238987264?s=21

I took Econ 101. I am very smart. Austrian Economics! Who is John Galt?!

Market failures? I don't believe they exist.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

other countries do this too, I don't get why you're mad at mean ol beijing for being open about it?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no one ever gives you an answer if you ask 'why do rich people have to build the houses'. well once someone told me about the horrors of the Moscow housing projects but he stfu when I told him they were nicer than anywhere ive ever lived

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

this is an article about how the mechanism is being improved to avoid unjust blacklisting. did you even read it

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

We should replace currency with social credit imo

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Currency with Chinese characteristics

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

It's called a credit score the western world's had it forever. Now grind capitalism points, peon.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

hmm no. I have a right to be an antisocial rear end in a top hat because Jesus Christ have you dealt with other people lately

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I will always associate rent control with Strongbad-Man. Specifically, his quest to use up the municipal water supply by leaving the taps on in a rent controlled apartment. "And utilities are included!"

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

I will always associate rent control with Strongbad-Man. Specifically, his quest to use up the municipal water supply by leaving the taps on in a rent controlled apartment. "And utilities are included!"

Sounds like an enemy of the workers, for while his actions appear on their surface to be targeting the landlord, the wider social repercussions are regressive and favor the capitalists.

:thermidor:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

hmm no. I have a right to be an antisocial rear end in a top hat because Jesus Christ

your religious justifications for your behavior won't save you itt

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

are there going to be any more videos

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

bad news but...franklin was destroyed by a meteorite :negative:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The Franklin Buzzards won the Super Bowl and the ensuing celebration wiped the city from the map

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Party Boat posted:

The Franklin Buzzards won the Super Bowl and the ensuing celebration wiped the city from the map

ahhh so that was it :hmmyes:

powerful riot. an earned celebration!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Bulgakov posted:

ahhh so that was it :hmmyes:

powerful riot. an earned celebration!

uh white people cant riot :confused:

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Kitfox88 posted:

uh white people cant riot :confused:

They can, but a sport has to be played first normally

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I thought they all just flushed the toilet at the same time, causing a massive pressure drop in the shittily funded municipal water supply that somehow dropped pressure in the equally shittily funded nuclear power plant causing Chernobyl Part 2?

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

The state government ran three bypasses across the city. There were no survivors.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

hmm no. I have a right to be an antisocial rear end in a top hat because Jesus Christ have you dealt with other people lately

if everyones access to basic necessities was directly tied to how nice they were to each other no one would be assholes anymore! and/or the assholes would all starve!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

if everyones access to basic necessities was directly tied to how nice they were to each other no one would be assholes anymore! and/or the assholes would all starve!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IUSZyjiYuY

donoteat
Sep 13, 2011

Loot at all this bullshit.
Who lets something like this happen?

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

yes, on Thursday

hopefully for everyone, maybe just a draft for patrons if I'm slow this week

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

donoteat posted:

yes, on Thursday

hopefully for everyone, maybe just a draft for patrons if I'm slow this week

how dare you edit this post

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
currently on a train waiting for the bathroom to open because russia

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

florida lan posted:

currently on a train waiting for the bathroom to open because russia

russia has good metro where it's good and then the rest is extremely russia

goto the place between cars and squat a poop trackward if you really need it imo :shrug:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
An acquaintance is doing a 4-day train trip across the US, which is apparently the nonstop travel time of the trains in question without stopovers for sightseeing or whatever.

I like trains, but I'm not sure I'd want to be locked inside one for literally 4 days straight. Surely trips of similar length are available at more reasonable durations elsewhere?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

1) The US is loving massive, driving in a car coast to coast is 3-4 days so it's not that weird
2) Yes, US passenger rail is infamously bad and slow. Civilized countries have much better trains.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1144176040862003201

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the tan one is cool. the last suit is actually julian castro's

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
We should build a version of that snowpiercer train, maybe just standard propulsion but with all the cool amenities like a tailor, dentist, disco, caboose full of urchins, etc.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
i thought it was so weird how horrified he was that the protein bars or whatever were made from bugs. like yeah dude, where did you think they came from? the only other available food source is the people on the train, would that somehow be better?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
the station agent is on hbo

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A solar-powered train exists!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y4QGFte3T8

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Wandering in to say i enjoyed the killdozer video very much. Please shower me with other recommendations as i slowly catch up on franklin.

You do good work donoteat should you ever see this. Ill do my best to kick some money your way when im not poor as poo poo again.

∆ thats cool too

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
There's a good thread about leftist YouTube aka breadtube here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3882331

If you're unfamiliar with that part of YouTube then a good starting point is videos by Contrapoints, Philosophy Tube, Shaun and Hbomberguy. They all talk about a wide range of issues from fascism and free speech to sexuality and bigotry, interspersed with comedic elements and - for contrapoints and philosophy tubes later videos - a theatrical flair.

Other worthy mentions are Three Arrows, Thought Slime and Peter Coffin.

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teeny bit more info:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SafVI7vKs4

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

I like the umbrella they hold over the train to make it stop.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

gently caress no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

drat that's pretty neat.