Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Dietmar Riehl

Rain slides down bare scalp to touch a circlet of metal, where it rested just long enough to gather into large drops that splash down onto the young mans face and ears. Not that it seemed to bother him, so endured he was to the discomfort of the elements. The rain had at least washed away most of the normal grime that caked the young mans skin and clothing, leaving him looking, if not respectable, at least no worse off than a poor peddler might be - though the strange metal piercings and the metal circlet tethered to chains make it obvious that he isn't a peddler.

"This place looks nice. Reminds me of home, except it's less run down. Everyone out here seems to be so rich, so secure in their safety. I don't know how they can be so ignorant of the dark things that hide in the woods and fields and under the ground..." Dietmar mumbles to himself as he follows the witch hunter over the bridge. "Do you think they will let me inside this time, Gottfried?"

pre:
Name: Dietmar Riehl
Species: Human
Class: Ranger
Career: Zealot
Available XP: 480
Spent XP: 100

WS  BS   S   T   I  Agi  Dex  Int  WP  Fel   Fate  Resilience   Movement  Wounds
base	30  31  29  27  29  31   34    25  32   38    2         4           4	    12
adv	        +1  +3  +1
total	30  31  30  30  30  31   34    25  32   38    2 	4	    4	    12

Skills: 
Animal Care = 0
Charm = 0
Cool = 3
Dodge = 10
Endurance = 10
Evaluate = 0
Gossip = 0
Haggle = 0
Heal = 3
Intimidate = 10
Intuition = 3
Language (Bretonnian) = 0
Language (Wastelander) = 0
Leadership = 0
Lore (Reikland) = 0
Lore (Sigmar) = 5
Melee (Basic) = 5
Melee (Flail) = 10
Outdoor Survival = 5
Ranged (Bow) = 0

Talents: 
Doomed - Die when "The Gods watch over thy end" for new character to start with half of this characters total XP
Suave - +5 Fel that does not count as advancements
Luck - Fortune Points = Fate + 1
Flee! - Athletics test to get +1 movement point when Fleeing
Strong Legs - +1 SL in any Athletics Tests involving Leaping .
Berserk Charge - +1 melee damage when charging
Stone Soup - Go longer without food before penalties

Trappings: Flail, Tattered robes, Cloak, Clothing, Dagger, Pouch, Backpack containing Tinderbox, Blanket, Rations (1 day)

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Dietmar Riehl

"What d' you think Gottfried? I was gunna beg the cook for some scraps, but some coin would help us both out." Dietmar asks Gotfried quietly. "We'd have ta get wet again, though."

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Dietmar Riehl

"Sir, I can help him find a good campsite, I'm used to sleeping outside in poor weather with little gear" Dietmar gestures to his emaciated and rag covered frame with a ironic look on his face. "Not every town welcomes my message."

Unless Siegward objects, Dietmar will check the side of the path that Wolfgang didn't take, and look for a campsite that has some cover from the rain and isn't completely mud covered. Rolled a 27 in discord with an Outdoor Survival of 5 and an Int of 25, which is a success if this is a straight +0 roll

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Dietmar Riehl

"I found us a nice cave. Bit damp, might have something living in it, but it wasn't there when we found the place. Should be cozy enough for the night, even if the ground will be a bit hard to sleep on."

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Dietmar Riehl

"Much nicer than sleeping in a wet pile of leaves or under a few branches. Do we want to start a fire in here? I can probably find some wood that's only a little damp." Dietmar happily chimes in, a smile on his face. It's obvious that the young zealot feels far more at home in the rough and unpleasant camping conditions than he did had in the tavern. "And I can show people how to make the stone a little more bearable to sleep on, we just need to find a couple bushes that we can cut down, something tall enough that we can shake it to get most of the water off."

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Dietmar Riehl
Wounds: 12/12 --- Fortune: 3/2 --- Resolve: 4/4

Dietmar was used to sleeping in uncomfortable places, often surrounded by people who moved and cried out in the night. The quiet shuffling and whispers around him were barely enough to touch his dreams, much less wake him up - at least Freddy managed to step on his hand. That was enough to make his eyes open in surprise, although he carefully avoided moving. Old instincts told him that it was safer to stay still and quiet than to yell and move.

After a moment, his sleep fogged brain cleared up enough for him to catch the hushed discussion going on. Something had the watchers riled up, and others awake. Carefully, Dietmar makes his way to his feet and wraps his sore hand around the handle of his flail, his other hand grabbing the end of it so it wouldn't swing around and make noise.

"Did they find us? Run, hide or fight?"

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 12, 2018

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Dietmar Riehl
Wounds: 12/12 --- Fortune: 3/2 --- Resolve: 4/4 --- Advantage: 3

There were monsters in the world. Some wore the skin of men, hiding among the people like bandits, and Dietmar hated them for making a lie of Sigmars holy form. Some were true monsters, gross in appearance and making no effort to appear otherwise, and Dietmar hated them for making men fear. But worst were the mutants, those creatures who mixed the holy human form with the monstrous, making a mockery of all that was good.

At the sight of the beastmen, warped humanoid forms with animal heads, Dietmar leapt into the clearing with a howl, his flail already lashing out to bash one of the bandits out of his way so that he could come to grips with the living nightmares that had suddenly barged into the ambush.

Attacking mutton chops w/ flail bandit
FireSightToday at 8:35 AM
/roll 1d100 #(WS30 + 10 (charge) + 10 (surprised) + 20 (attacking surprised enemy: Bandit)
SidekickBOTToday at 8:35 AM
@FireSight: 1d100 (WS30 + 10 (charge) + 10 (surprised) + 20 (attacking surprised enemy: Bandit) = (51) = 51
FireSightToday at 8:36 AM
Thats a hit
FireSightToday at 8:40 AM
oh poo poo, I forgot to add my Melee (Flail) skill
so I have a +10 for that
FireSightToday at 8:40 AM
so I have 2 DoS
5 + 2 + 3 + 1 (berserk charge)
11 damage, woo

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Dietmar Riehl
Wounds: 9/12 --- Fortune: 4/3 --- Resolve: 0/4 --- Advantage: 3

Dietmar stumbles away from the Gor for a moment, his leg nearly giving out on him, but righteous wrath sings in his veins and sustains him. A scream, part of pain and part of sheer hatred wrenches its way from his lungs as he dances forward again to swing against the Gor, the bandit already forgotten.

FireSightToday at 12:27 PM
/r 1d100 #vs WS30 + 15 skill + 30 advantage = target 75
SidekickBOTToday at 12:27 PM
@FireSight: 1d100 vs WS30 + 15 skill + 30 advantage = target 75 = (31) = 31
4 DoS for 5 (weapon)+ 4 (DoS) + 3 (SB) = 12 damage

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Dietmar Riehl
Wounds: 9/12

Dietmar straggles in on the tail of everyone else, his injured leg stained a rusty brown and bloody footprints left in his wake. His eyes stand wide open, pupils shrunk to a dot as he stares around in a daze, mumbling about monsters and hating them all. Even as the others divide up the loot, the flagellant stands off to the side of the group, twitching at every little sound the forest makes.

Dietmar will take anything offered to him, but won't claim anything on his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Dietmar Riehl

"I don't know either. But Ma raised me to be polite and do what everyone else is doing, if I'm not sure what is going on. She said it's safer to not stand out. So I'm going to go down and ask if I can join in, see if I can get a bite to eat and warm up after all this..." The newly won skull cap, sized for someone with a far larger head than the small zealot, bounces around on Dietmars head as he begins a swift shuffle into the village.

3 DoF on a lore (sigmar) test, so Dietmar doesn't know anything. But he's tired, hungry and not thinking particularly well after the fight. Also, he took the remaining skull cap since nobody else wanted it. Still holding off on spending XP until downtime.