Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
why doesnt boris scale to his environment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
im fine w this

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
you joke but im sure somebodys gonna do a roguelike w a breath of the wild style weapon system sooner or later, if cogmind doesnt already count

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019

Internet Kraken posted:

Why even focus so much on stuff like that? Why constantly rework systems people are enjoying while ignoring the stuff everyone agrees still sucks? I don't get it.

they dont have any new ideas, arent interested in putting in the work required to fix current issues that only affect a small portion of the playerbase*, and dont want to let anybody else touch their baby

* (small because those issues and the community awareness of such end up actively discouraging people from attempting the content at all lmao)

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
join us

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
does it involve killing demons to supply nemelex w paint

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019

Internet Kraken posted:

Ha, no way I could ever figure out coding stuff.

i do not know how to code, i just have a knack for faking it

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019

Metoron posted:

Here's the link to the online vault editor, just so that you're not having to sit and stare at a text editor to make vaults, if you decide to make some.

https://crawlerofthewest.github.io/vault/

on the one hand this is super neat on the other hand its kinda magical putting together a vault in notepad lmao

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
nice work

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
anybody got feedback on how strong hermit crab feels as a species, whether the apts need tweaking, etc

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019

Jon Joe posted:

I played around with a fighter type character I usually do and it was pretty trivial to cast every permabuff by equipping two rings of wizardry and then unequipping them. The only one I needed to train for was Ring of Fire.

Also, hello again! I could not for the life of me figure out how to rebase my commits for the abomination species, so I've just done away with the pull request until and unless people start clamoring for that silly 8-ring full armor badman species.

In other news, I think I'll try my hand at some unrandart changes and additions. At minimum I want to add the change from the main branch that turned the Vampire's Tooth from a +4 dagger of vampirism to a +12 quick blade of vampirism.

give people a chance at a miscast effect each turn an enemy is in site when wearing ring armour or heavier :getin:

jon joe hit me up on the discord ill help you out w the rebase

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
the secret power strat to arcane marksman is to play it like its a hunter for the early game

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019

Dachshundofdoom posted:

TIL that Okawaru is less impressed by me killing D10 Erolcha than he is by me killing a Two-Headed Ogre on the same floor. Yeah, sure thing Oka, the enemy that could cast LHC, Confusion, and Slow and which could've had Banishment instead is way less threatening than the thing that could hit me with two big sticks.

to be entirely fair, being complacent about either will get you killed and you fell into the complacency trap for only the one

i mean it wasnt armed this time, but

cant tell if im procrastinating or just doing things as fast as im able atm lmao

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019

MShadowy posted:

Ogres. They're perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
it was changed to make them more obviously dangerous to more inexperienced players iirc