Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

Given Daniel Bryan beat The Miz in Melbourne, are they finished with that feud? Coz if Bryan is now No. 1 contender, then you have to have him chasing the belt, as opposed to pissing around with Miz.

And if so, that was a lovely way to end that feud. Both men deserved better from the feud.

Bryan's title shot's already been confirmed for the Saudi show, my guess is Miz interferes in the match that's going to be in the middle of the card because :lol: Styles couldn't even main event against Brock, he and Bryan are getting nowhere near the real stars of the night, Reigns/Braun/Brock and DX/Bros of Destruction

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

boar guy posted:

i have posted many times here, my man, about how i have stabbed every unsubscribe button on every email and none of them take. so i reiterate, gently caress you, wwe, for illegally not cancelling those marketing emails to me and sending 3 of them within twenty minutes and before 8 am

I half sympathize, and half don't because you trusted them enough to give them a legit email address you use :lol: how did you think this was ending well

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Is anyone else seeing different symbols representing apostrophes in some posts?

Seems to only be happening from posts by posters who are using the app. I'm on desktop and my posts' apostrophes are showing as apostrophes

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 9, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1050139233732710401

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gotta do something with those tag belts they keep wanting to make a thing

God knows it ain't gonna be "give Asuka that belt either"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/1050539652829057024

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Worst that could happen is before or even as the plane lands there so they can prep for Crown Jewel, someone tells MBS they considered cancelling the deal, and they end up not being allowed to leave

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Considering how many countries were/are super friendly with the Saudi's I doubt the WWE is in major trouble unless they go over and do a propaganda piece

Was part of the contractual obligation for GRR so I don't see why it wouldn't be similarly for Crown Jewel

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ScarlettEHarris/status/1050600582216445953

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, they'd just toss him off a roof

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

How long do you think it'll take for them to hit that sub 2-mil hour?

Careful here, he's close to having the opportunity for his bi-monthly "nobody's paying enough attention to me" spiel about how actually this wasn't what he was referring to at all in his original post and clearly it's not him who's acting like an rear end in a top hat

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Saudi Murder Fun Bucks are also probably the only thing giving Vince the pretense of being a billionaire and you know he ain't giving that up

Someone doesn't trust in XFL 2.0 being a succesahahahahahah I couldn't even type that, I'm sorry

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fatherofmustard posted:

WWE is probably going to get even more money out of their next TV deal in 2024.

If you want something to be optimistic about, that recent IPCC thing that unanimously says we (at best) have to get our poo poo together re: climate change before 2030? WWE has a max of two more TV deals signed in that timeframe. One of the first things that's going to be gone in the apocalypse is cable TV power lines, we're almost safe

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I wasn't sure whether to count "Florida's gonna sink into the sea" under the optimistic thing. That's NXT gone, but Paul might pull a Titanic and insist on going down with the ship, so that's 50% a good thing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Son of Man posted:

the average person is infinitely healthier

Let's not go too far

Example from yesterday: WaPo: % of young US kids who aren't vaccinated has quadrupled since 2001

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

UNIONIZE, YOU IDIOTS.

John Cena's living in China these days so we're gonna have to think outside the box. My prediction on who would be the next Hogan and snitch on any attempt: either Dolph, Reigns, or Lio Rush

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Love how every other show is getting $500mil regardless of ratings. Looking forward to seeing what Bryan Fuller can do with that budget on season 2 (of many) of American Gods

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lmfao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

If a real reporter looks really into things it could be really damning.

Sometimes it feels like this could be said about 90% of things involving this lovely loving company :smith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can already tell some people here are going to be mad at Dave when Dave publishes the Vince obit (like he publishes obits for everyone in wrestling who dies) and are stunned at some of what he'll have to say, not having done so while Vince was alive and "could have" been punished with another $100mil in a TV deal

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider posted:

With all the focus on WWE Crown Jewel in light of the current situation in Saudi Arabia, we have received a lot of feedback regarding whether the show should go on or not. WWE has publicly stated they are "monitoring" the situation.

As of today, the show is still moving forward with the company working on different logistics and production aspects of the event. The company was working on talent itineraries and other logistical aspects of the show yesterday, PWInsider.com has been told.

Obviously, things can change depending on how the situation continues to develop, but internally, all signs are it is full steam ahead with the 11/2 event, which will air on the WWE Network.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/StephMcMahon/status/1050777181671096320

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, currently the only people making a stink are a couple politicians who we already know won't do anything and a bunch of fans who if they haven't financially stopped supporting them before now, they're (correctly) assumed by the company as not going to do poo poo this time either

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

lmao Naomi hasn't done poo poo since they did this either.

Please be nice to the Asuka fan/s

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.wwe.com/2018 World Cup tournament match the only one that outright mentions Saudi on the front page

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1051506444283965440

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yep. Unless they make an official announcement saying it's cancelled or moved, they're sweeping it under the rug and hoping no one notices

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

do the wrestlers realize they could just like, y'know, not go

Ask Neville how well not wanting to work goes for you

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

There's a large difference in not working because you didn't get a title you want, and not working because your company is making you do dangerous, ethically irresponsible things

1) This wasn't why he walked out
2) The overall outcome is the same no matter what, they can and will refuse to use or pay you until/unless you feel financially comfortable enough to take them to court over it. Good luck making that seem like a safe option to do in the aftermath of the Punk/doctor lawsuit

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

If they don't unionize over this of all things, I'm struggling to think of a time when they actually would

Ignoring the fact that a union attempt got snitched on super fast the last time it was tried and the same would almost certainly be the case here, it sounds like you sincerely believe a lot of this stuff is exactly as easy as it sounds to talk about on forums. That's how it comes off at least from the tone of the last page from you now, feel free to correct me if that's a mistake on my part

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bumblebee starring John Cena is gonna be good

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1051904667146510336
UFC's parent company

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Midnightghoul posted:

Is it really necessary for Sami to speak on the condition of anonymity

Sami didn't have to worry about performing in Saudi when healthy because he was banned from the country. Why would he have to worry about it now that he's injured and out of action entirely until post-Mania time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

What is the Shawn Michaels news

Dan and Jeff from GB briefly brought up sarcastically on their DBZ podcast that they're glad Shawn is a true hero with morals who would never unretire for blood money

rovert posted:

So like Raw is in Philly tonight.

Think the crowd will boo all the Saudi poo poo?

Only if they bring out a fake Gritty to plug the show

• Locked thread