Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

Cosmik Slop posted:

I will say that they occasionally come out with an unexpected remark like "Orville Redenbacher could loving GET IT" and all their friends will be like GIRL YAASS and you have to once again recalibrate what you thought you knew about female sexuality.

As a straight, older female this made me laugh very hard.

I have like three guy friends who I regularly go out and have a drink with. They are random people I met through a shared hobby and work. My anecdata says that a dude will go grab a quick beer with you then you both gently caress on off home. With my female friends, it takes a bit more planning and notice. My experience only. Also all humans are garbage and desire for friendship is a grotesque byproduct of the modern condition etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Woden posted:

pretty much only talk about movies and dating with my chick friend, dude friends talk about all kinds of things.

I was dumb and making generalizations. I should have been more specific and said the chicks I hang out with talk about things besides TV and girls.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

The Unholy Ghost posted:

lol it's literally the "friend zone" dude. like, literally

literally

if you rae the kind of person that believe in the friend zone, you're in it with more women than just your friends.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Men are like THIS, but women are like THIS

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

It's pretty cool. It's nice to get a woman's perspective on things and it will help make you a more well-round person.

It's also nice, as a straight man, to be allowed to access all of the hidden places only women can get into via the iron key they're given on their 18th birthday.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Tolkien minority posted:

Men are like THIS, but women are like THIS

*pretends to drive a car while leaning back comfortably*

*pretends to drive a car while being squished up against the steering wheel*

Me in audience: "HA FUNNY!"

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
is not being able to be around a woman without thinking about shoving your fluid dripping organs in her really that unusual

have had plenty of female friends all my life, have a few groups i do things with that have both men and women and they're all just fine.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Nessa posted:

I�m a lady and my best friend is a dude. It�s pretty cool. I�m married, so sex isn�t in the cards and we both really value our friendship and wouldn�t want that to change.

He�s pretty great. He cooks nice things for me all the time and likes to help out with chores and yard work. He�s pretty chill and is nice company. :)

Your friend is 100% angling to get in your pants. No one willingly does yardwork without the expressed transaction of being paid back with rear end.

No one.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

is not being able to be around a woman without thinking about shoving your fluid dripping organs in her really that unusual

have had plenty of female friends all my life, have a few groups i do things with that have both men and women and they're all just fine.

Typically I'm just pretty straight up about the fluid dripping organs part.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I have some female friends, and I'd really like to gently caress most of them. Most of my friends are dudes though. But really,

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

As a sociopath I enjoy befriending both men and women so I can use them to further my own selfish gains and then dispose of them (equally!) in the friendship trashcan, like used condoms.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
men can't be friends with women. it always end with one or two of them wanting to bang

the same applies to men being friends with other men

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's the same as with dudes.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I don't have any friends but I have several female acquaintances. They usually seem happier to see me than my male ones, but I think that's because women are generally nicer in a superficial way and they are not actually happy to see me.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Cantaloupe posted:

I don't have any friends but I have several female acquaintances. They usually seem happier to see me than my male ones, but I think that's because women are generally nicer in a superficial way and they are not actually happy to see me.

This is called "tend and befriend." It's a proposed alternative to "fight or flight." You are being tended.

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

As a sociopath I enjoy befriending both men and women so I can use them to further my own selfish gains and then dispose of them (equally!) in the friendship trashcan, like used condoms.

this but in a more sad, desperate and less funny way

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I talk about actual things with my female friends. Also that is really the only way that I become aware of gossip. it is oddly difficult for me to hang out one-on-one with the bros because of ~*toxic masculinity*~ ; it is hard to come up with enough stuff to talk about when you can't get into feelings and stuff

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Uncle Salty posted:

As a straight, older female this made me laugh very hard.

I have like three guy friends who I regularly go out and have a drink with. They are random people I met through a shared hobby and work. My anecdata says that a dude will go grab a quick beer with you then you both gently caress on off home. With my female friends, it takes a bit more planning and notice. My experience only. Also all humans are garbage and desire for friendship is a grotesque byproduct of the modern condition etc

What is this retardation. Desire for friendship is neither modern nor uniquely human.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Rad-daddio posted:

Your friend is 100% angling to get in your pants. No one willingly does yardwork without the expressed transaction of being paid back with rear end.

No one.

Nah, he’s constantly helping out various friends with stuff, but because me and my husband are his favourites and he lives so close by, he helps us out a lot. He used to live with us for a bit before he bought his own house and would constantly cook us dinner.

We’ll have some other people over and he will make enough food to feed everyone and cater to everyone’s dietary needs. He’s also always doing my dishes, and replenishing anything in my kitchen that needs replenishing. He knew I used my last egg for some French toast, so he bought me more eggs and snuck them into my fridge when I wasn’t looking. Probably so he knows there are eggs if he wants to make us crepe suzette or something again.

He’s just a weird guy that likes doing chores and cooking for people. Our other friend has nicknamed him “Jeeves”.

We had a pretty frank discussion about how he has no intentions of harming our friendship or my marriage because my husband and I are his two favourite people and he roots for us both. I believe his intentions are pure. :)

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Nessa posted:

me and my husband are his favourites

He used to live with us for a bit

He’s also always doing my dishes, and replenishing anything in my kitchen that needs replenishing. He knew I used my last egg for some French toast, so he bought me more eggs and snuck them into my fridge when I wasn’t looking.

We had a pretty frank discussion about how he has no intentions of harming our friendship or my marriage because my husband and I are his two favourite people and he roots for us both.

:thunkher:

nah I bet you're actually right I'm just giving you poo poo

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

Nessa posted:

Nah, he’s constantly helping out various friends with stuff, but because me and my husband are his favourites and he lives so close by, he helps us out a lot. He used to live with us for a bit before he bought his own house and would constantly cook us dinner.

We’ll have some other people over and he will make enough food to feed everyone and cater to everyone’s dietary needs. He’s also always doing my dishes, and replenishing anything in my kitchen that needs replenishing. He knew I used my last egg for some French toast, so he bought me more eggs and snuck them into my fridge when I wasn’t looking. Probably so he knows there are eggs if he wants to make us crepe suzette or something again.

He’s just a weird guy that likes doing chores and cooking for people. Our other friend has nicknamed him “Jeeves”.

We had a pretty frank discussion about how he has no intentions of harming our friendship or my marriage because my husband and I are his two favourite people and he roots for us both. I believe his intentions are pure. :)

I've known people like that. It's not the norm for sure, but it's nice to have people outside the family structure who care.

Americans are loving crazy with how insular and untrusting we can be.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

We live in a culture that (ostensibly) puts competition and possession above everything, it makes sense for that to leak into our perception of relationships

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

I've known people like that. It's not the norm for sure, but it's nice to have people outside the family structure who care.

Americans are loving crazy with how insular and untrusting we can be.

My husband and I consider him family at this point and he will be an honorary uncle to our future children. He’s actually really excited about us having kids.

Perhaps it’s also his cultural background. I met his parents for the first time recently and his very French father tried to offload a bunch of tomatoes and tomato juice on me. He seemed like a very nice old man. :)

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
It seems :psyduck: not to mention that your husband wants to have sex with him and you are/were considering threesomes

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3613977&userid=144376#post487436114

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Nessa posted:

Christ almighty just do the triplesex already you weirdos

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Anne Whateley posted:

It seems :psyduck: not to mention that your husband wants to have sex with him and you are/were considering threesomes

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3613977&userid=144376#post487436114

Lmao

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

goldmine

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

My husband does not want to have sex with him. He hadn’t really thought that idea through. Also, our friend would not be remotely interested in the idea either, which is good! I would much rather just stay platonic friends and wouldn’t want to risk loving that all up.

That was a very silly idea that will never and should never happen. :)

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

lmao

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Female friends sound exhausting!

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Anne Whateley posted:

Awesome

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

It isn't, and anyone who expresses shock or skepticism about it is immediately filed in my "Deep on the spectrum" files.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I think about shoving my fluid dripping organs into anything and anyone around me at all times

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Anne Whateley posted:

fuckin lol

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Grape posted:

Thank you for your insight as an uggo man.

I'm a cross between George Clooney and David Cross so yeah... I'd have to agree with you.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

What's it like to have friends? (asking for a friend)

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Anne Whateley posted:

lol

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
loving lmao :five:

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

Anne Whateley posted:

ahahaha

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Anne Whateley posted:

I wanna :hfive: you for this post and also point out that someone enterprising could add a few pixels and make a devil's triangle emoji which would be both relevant AND topical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

My wife and I had a really awesome mutual female friend but then I found out she secretly kind of hated my wife and was trying to flirt with me all the time and also I am an idiot.

• Locked thread