Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I’m a lady and my best friend is a dude. It’s pretty cool. I’m married, so sex isn’t in the cards and we both really value our friendship and wouldn’t want that to change.

He’s pretty great. He cooks nice things for me all the time and likes to help out with chores and yard work. He’s pretty chill and is nice company. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Rad-daddio posted:

Your friend is 100% angling to get in your pants. No one willingly does yardwork without the expressed transaction of being paid back with rear end.

No one.

Nah, he’s constantly helping out various friends with stuff, but because me and my husband are his favourites and he lives so close by, he helps us out a lot. He used to live with us for a bit before he bought his own house and would constantly cook us dinner.

We’ll have some other people over and he will make enough food to feed everyone and cater to everyone’s dietary needs. He’s also always doing my dishes, and replenishing anything in my kitchen that needs replenishing. He knew I used my last egg for some French toast, so he bought me more eggs and snuck them into my fridge when I wasn’t looking. Probably so he knows there are eggs if he wants to make us crepe suzette or something again.

He’s just a weird guy that likes doing chores and cooking for people. Our other friend has nicknamed him “Jeeves”.

We had a pretty frank discussion about how he has no intentions of harming our friendship or my marriage because my husband and I are his two favourite people and he roots for us both. I believe his intentions are pure. :)

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

I've known people like that. It's not the norm for sure, but it's nice to have people outside the family structure who care.

Americans are loving crazy with how insular and untrusting we can be.

My husband and I consider him family at this point and he will be an honorary uncle to our future children. He’s actually really excited about us having kids.

Perhaps it’s also his cultural background. I met his parents for the first time recently and his very French father tried to offload a bunch of tomatoes and tomato juice on me. He seemed like a very nice old man. :)

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

It seems :psyduck: not to mention that your husband wants to have sex with him and you are/were considering threesomes

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3613977&userid=144376#post487436114

My husband does not want to have sex with him. He hadn’t really thought that idea through. Also, our friend would not be remotely interested in the idea either, which is good! I would much rather just stay platonic friends and wouldn’t want to risk loving that all up.

That was a very silly idea that will never and should never happen. :)

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Rad-daddio posted:

Holy poo poo! I was right! I was motherfucking right!!! Well, technically right. One of the parties involved brought up the idea of sexing coolbro friend.

You are a god for finding this!

Well, Anne was the one who said it was a bad idea, and she was right. I hadn’t even thought about that since then, but I’m glad it could amuse you. My husband said something at the bar while a bit drunk and my sex drive was just coming back after a long absence, so I got a bit too excited for a couple days and thought I could safely post in the sex questions megathread about it. :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

I wasn't detecting. I remembered it from the other thread because it was such a concerning situation, trying to bring a couple threesome partners and a baby into a relationship that had serious issues on its own. I'm glad you've crossed off that guy as a threesome partner, at least.

There won’t be a baby for a while at this point, nor will there be any threesomes of any kind.

But thanks for airing out something stupid that I had already forgotten about in a completely different thread.

• Locked thread