Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Historically most of my friends have been girls. One of my besties is a girl. It's p. sweet. It's like having a normal friend but they have sweet cans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Salty Josh posted:

You ever get some friendship booty?

I mean, yeah.

That's one of the perks of being friends with girls.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Cosmik Slop posted:

Unironically owns to be friends with women because I find most guys can't hold up their end of a conversation to save their loving life

This is extremely true. Also, chicks enjoy talking about things that aren't TV and chicks.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Blue Train posted:

if you are actually friends with women you know they are the filthiest nastiest dirty talkingest about sex, way worse than guys

Oh, you mean fun.

Yes.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Woden posted:

pretty much only talk about movies and dating with my chick friend, dude friends talk about all kinds of things.

I was dumb and making generalizations. I should have been more specific and said the chicks I hang out with talk about things besides TV and girls.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Tolkien minority posted:

Men are like THIS, but women are like THIS

*pretends to drive a car while leaning back comfortably*

*pretends to drive a car while being squished up against the steering wheel*

Me in audience: "HA FUNNY!"

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Hemingway To Go! posted:

is not being able to be around a woman without thinking about shoving your fluid dripping organs in her really that unusual

have had plenty of female friends all my life, have a few groups i do things with that have both men and women and they're all just fine.

Typically I'm just pretty straight up about the fluid dripping organs part.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Cantaloupe posted:

I don't have any friends but I have several female acquaintances. They usually seem happier to see me than my male ones, but I think that's because women are generally nicer in a superficial way and they are not actually happy to see me.

This is called "tend and befriend." It's a proposed alternative to "fight or flight." You are being tended.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Gonna have to save a transcript for the goon.xls.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

gently caress. Any guy who says things like “toxic masculinity” unironically and actually wants to talk about emotions with his friends is a limp-wristed babby piece of poo poo with a small dick and I’d gladly gently caress his day up and then cuck his wife with my magnum dong and gently caress I’m so loving lonely oh my god

:lol:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I’ve always got along with women better than men, but since getting married I’ve had to realize some things and tone it down. Like for example I had to accept that a lot of the ways I interacted with women friends was extremely flirtatious and constantly playing with sexual tension and boundaries, I would flirt rather automatically without even realizing that I was doing it,

Now I am in a fully committed monogamous marriage , I’ve had to pull back from many of my women friends and I realized how much I constantly sexualized things. I am still able to have friendships with women, but I have to be extremely careful about my boundaries and not letting things slip into these automatic patterns of behavior. So unfortunately I can’t maintain friendships with women who I had any sexual encounter with in the past and I have to be very careful in the way I allow myself to behave around women, which means going extra steps to prevent things from ever happening way in advance.

At this point, I’m not even comfortable giving women rides in my car for example or drinking alcohol around women unless my wife is there with me. I’d rather be extra overly careful and cautious than be tempted into sin

:hmmyes:

I just married someone who understood my proclivity toward flirting :shrug:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Bust Rodd posted:

The loop is now full circle and the friend zone exists primarily for “woke” dudes to virtue signal to feminists that they RESPEK WIMMIN and know DA FWEND ZONE isn’t real and if you wanted we could get together to discuss inviolating the patriarchy at my house later, maybe over a box of wine and some Xanax?

Make it a chablis and I'm there.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Dont Touch ME posted:

What do you think being nice is?

I don't know, like a small personal auto loan or something? :shrug:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Grape why are you so keen on labeling people as incels? Do you have nothing better to do with your time than to hunt down the lowest dregs of humanity and excoriate them on the internet?

Just trying to fill out the "Incel: Y/N" column on the ol' goons.xls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Richter Scabies posted:

Im on the cusp of realizing that, as a rather avoidant person, a lot of the friends I have, guys and gals, like having me around because I can be a bit of a push over/people pleaser. I don't think it's gotten too malicious and that I'd have enough pride to recognize real bad poo poo but I don't even know anymore and it's a rather upsetting reflection.

Wanna be friends?

• Locked thread