Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I think Nat20 is actually a good mod but in respect to kayfabe I will say that Nat20 is a Bad Mod

(in)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Natural 20 posted:

lol look at this guy.

excuse me, the proper term for people of my disposition is "smark" :colbert:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

GenericGirlName posted:

I will sign up. Please make this be real mafia.

With Nat20? No way!

/magic school bus theme plays

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Natural 20 posted:

Sorry we're full! If you join the discord you're more than welcome to obs.

Speaking of:

We're missing:

Monathin
Xad
ImGay
Solus
Generic
Sal
Asiina

from the discord.

i'm valuecifer, I have joined this trainwreck and I am ready.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I have changed my mind, Nat20 is a terrible mod

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

chaoslord posted:

:agreed:

Everyone should instead be voting for Pod

:hmmyes:

Pod is taking this suspiciously seriously.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Xad posted:

so if you guys are claiming to have the same ability, and bif has decided to never use it, and sal decided to only use it on himself...then a third party caused the announcement(s)? If we're to assume that all announcements are player abilities. I guess that would also involve assuming that Nat20 is a Good Mod? Fuk.

##unvote for now

:thunk:

hosed up if true, i suppose

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

the official mispronunciation is bye-fox-nen.

this is the wrong thread to be bi fox :colbert:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Asiina posted:

I am a good and perfect town.

I'm also lynchproof so lol @ all of u

:thunk:

Almost tempted to test that, but it would be pretty Nat20 to have a lunchproof in his bad mod setup.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Podima posted:

Having reread your post history, you have not made any committed calls besides piggybacking on the bad "hmm yes pod is playing the game therefore scum" case. Make some reads, please.

I've been stuck doing podcast stuff for the past couple days, I'll try and get a reread going and make some committed calls before deadline.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Alright, here's some of my reads now that I'm free of podcast audio editing hellscape I have been in since Thursday. I am skimming a bit so if you want me to get more detailed find a quote and point me at it.

- I have no idea what to make of Bif and Sal sharing roles. Sal's role apparently does nothing? Or at least it isn't doing the things it said it would. But Sal seems about as genuinely confused about it as the rest of us. Bif doesn't feel to bad in this exchange either, though.

- Asiina claiming lunchproof is actually legitimately weird to me. I don't really see the benefit of Asiina saying that? If it is legitimate, but I don't actually have any reason to believe it isn't at this point.

- I do legitimately think Pod is playing... maybe 'too seriously' isn't the right word but it's giving me strong echoes of his scum game in one of Ecco's games, in which he was the scum tracker and bamboozled town and kept pushing everyone for reads and leading the town by the nose. I legitimately don't like it. HOWEVER...

- Dancer's fadeaway vote into "ok bedtime" feels really, really loving bad to me. Way worse than whatever Pod is doing. I know that I'm calling the kettle black here but the fact that he disparaged both the Xad and Pod cases, doesn't case anyone himself, and then throws a vote on Xad feels like the laziest scum play imaginable. It seems like a really clear bandwagon vote to me. I know timezones are a thing but, come the gently caress on.

I'm gonna put my money where my mouth is right now because while I am still suspect of Pod's play atm ##vote Dancer feels like the proper call.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I don't really feel good about the Xad vote right now. I'll move to avoid a NL as I would normally do but my convictions lie mostly with voting on Dancer.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I am giving you carte blanche to change my avatar to whatever you see fit for the purposes of this terrible game clord

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I can't believe Pod got a role that was just "you have to be as Lumpen as possible under threat of modkill"

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

SolusLunes posted:

wait hold on we didn't even have a night, why do I even have a night action

I'm assuming Dancer's flip means that on being lunched there's no night.

Which is honestly :laffo: and I'd give im a solid ovation if it turns out he planned to look shady just for that to happen.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

IcePhoenix posted:

effectively extending day one is truly the worst thing a mod could do

:emptyquote:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Podima posted:

Fakeclaiming as town is rarely, if ever, a good strategy. In general, fakeclaiming as town simply increases the confusion in the game which benefits scum directly. Or even worse, it can lead to town claims coming out at unnecessary times which - also - benefits scum. We saw this recently where Toalpaz incorrectly and foolishly outed a town gunsmith in Ecco's recent Clash of Crocodiles game by fakeclaiming watcher and saying they had seen Rhjamiz visit the kill target. While town still won that game, it was largely on the back of a 3rd party who ultimately still lost the game thanks to confusion over poor town play.

How dare you correctly assess my late-game play in Ecco Masterpiece A Clash of Crocodiles as confusing. :argh:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Pod, did you ever take a look at Wandering Samurai Mafia? As I recall, that was a game Max ran, with a closed Nailbiter setup, which worked very well. I personally enjoyed it.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

vector_to posted:

What the icy poo poo is going on in here.

Mafia Gear Solid is going on as the other big thread so we had to get in on the Tactical Shitposting Action

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Wait, I think I missed what was going on with all the code talking, why are people voting Sal?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Wrong game to be stealing Gulag's bit, Toal. :nallears:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Awww, you remembered I gave you the youtube link! I'm touched.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Don't give Lumpod an aneurysm trying to answer your question, Sal

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Give us your case on Pod.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

would y'all just loving hammer already so we can find out if there's a night phase or not before Nat goes to sleep

I don't wanna hammer Sal though :(

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

GenericGirlName posted:

Iiiiiiiiiiiii, honestly didn't know what that meant :blush:

I also don't know what closed vs open set up is and I meant to ask podima but forgottttttt :/

open setup = you know the role distribution ahead of time
closed setup = you do not know this thing

I don't think I've ever seen an open setup run on the forums but the distinction persists.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

This entire game is actually a cruel psychological experiment induced by nat20 to see what happens if you take away the rules of mafia or bend them to the point where they might as well not exist

we can conclude this by the fact that pod's role exists

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Solus you mad bastard

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

vector_to posted:

Not me. If anyone is wondering what to do with a night kill, Humalong is cult .

lmf

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Okay THAT has to be solus' thing. Thanks Solus!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I tried.jpg

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

GenericGirlName posted:

My best time so far is :41. Kill me.

Well, you'll beat the no-shows, at least.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

SolusLunes posted:

rip me, hoist by my own sanic petard, I was traveling all day today and couldn't computer

you were.......

two slo

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

lmao

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

##vote xad

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I can't believe pod is loving dead

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

We have definitely tried to dunk Xad twice yes, I know this cause y'all hammered without me the first time :argh:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

SolusLunes posted:

:ghost: but survivor is a mediocre show now, its genre-defining moment has come and gone :ghost:

:drat:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hello!

##vote vector

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????