Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Are you dependent, as in you feel grumpy, sleepy and get headaches if you stop drinking it?

I ran out of coffee a couple of days ago and have been surviving on tea. I have a headache and I feel sleepy but not particularly irritable.

Also, anxiety ridden goons, have you quit caffeine before and did your anxiety get less bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Grevling posted:

Are you dependent, as in you feel grumpy, sleepy and get headaches if you stop drinking it?

I ran out of coffee a couple of days ago and have been surviving on tea. I have a headache and I feel sleepy but not particularly irritable.

Also, anxiety ridden goons, have you quit caffeine before and did your anxiety get less bad?

Yah. I get a mild headache the next day if I don't drink coffee, but it goes away pretty fast. Caffeine has baby-rear end withdrawals.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I used to mainline coffee because I didn't want to just randomly collapse on my desk.

Now I have a kid and I gave up coffee because randomly collapsing on my desk is the highlight of my day.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I use Coffeemate with my tea sometimes when I am confronted with a situation without honey.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I feel fortunate enough to have never had caffeine withdrawal symptoms. I can go from drinking 2 cups a day for weeks to just not having any without any noticable change

I'm always hella sleepy since I have to get up at 3:30am but don't go to bed til 8:30 or 9

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
If I don't have a coffee by 7:30am at the latest I get a crippling headache that only day-drinking cures.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

put butter in the coffee

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I don't really get headaches, its more like i just can't wake up, i just still have that morning sleepiness for hours and hours if i don't get mean on some beans.

Shin00bie
Sep 11, 2011

My coffee intake goes from moderate to really high, and when I've been spiking on it I get headaches and dehydration when I cut down again.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
i drink coffee as a substitute for ovaltine because drinking the same amount of ovaltine would probably have killed me long ago.

Shin00bie
Sep 11, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

i drink coffee as a substitute for ovaltine because drinking the same amount of ovaltine would probably have killed me long ago.

Death through Ovaldose?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Just quit a 1g/daily habit that spanned years cold turkey a few weeks ago. I don't drink coffee though, pills are about 100x cheaper.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I miss that one guy's av that was all like, "expert coffee drinker here, drinking this coffee is the best part of being an expert coffee drinker" it was a good av

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hammerite posted:

I miss that one guy's av that was all like, "expert coffee drinker here, drinking this coffee is the best part of being an expert coffee drinker" it was a good av

It is fun to steam milk to interact with flavanoids.

Woden
May 6, 2006

Fallows posted:

Just quit a 1g/daily habit that spanned years cold turkey a few weeks ago. I don't drink coffee though, pills are about 100x cheaper.

What's Soylent like these days?

nah
Mar 16, 2009

gotta have my cuppa haha

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i only drink coffee with sugar, as i am obeast.

yes, not obese. obeast.

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Telebite posted:

put butter in the coffee

then butt chug the coffee

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Grinding your own beans in the same place you grind dried peppers, should react. The thing is, it is water quality. Yum.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Telebite posted:

put butter in the coffee

What the gently caress is this???

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

nah posted:

gotta have my cuppa haha

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

I've had my coffee but this post legitimately turned my stomach so I don't need breakfast, thanks!

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I stopped drinking caffeine because I have pretty bad anxiety and insomnia and it helped a bit in both regards. I do miss coffee a bit though and decaf is ehhhh

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think I do, but it's hard to separate the withdrawal effects from all the other bad unrelated effects of existing.

I put a bunch of powder creamer and splenda in mine (like 4 packets) because I'm a monster.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Without coffee I rip peoples heads off. Like, you can't even talk to me until I've got a good cup in otherwise you'll be f bombed to death.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

rofl

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

This is absolutely a mug that my mom would buy (or someone would buy for her) in remembrance of my dad

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Coffee is good but the brown teeth that come with it? No thanks!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cantaloupe posted:

Coffee is good but the brown teeth that come with it? No thanks!

just eat poo poo 24/7 so nobody will know if its the coffee or lil bits of colon lining stuck between ur teeth!!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Headaches are just a gentle reminder to drink more coffee.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Telebite posted:

put butter in the coffee

Why not put a little grease in your coffee?
I'm not saying I wanna do it, I just wonder why people haven't tried greasy coffee.

cnut
May 3, 2016

I'M DRINKING COFFEE RIGHT NOW AND I'M CALM AS gently caress

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

just lmao if you still believe in stable marriages in tyol 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Grevling posted:

I'll get a bit of a headache in the middle of the day if I don't have coffee when I wake up, but it's never too bad and goes away pretty easily.

It's also super rare because I always drink coffee, and if for some reason I'm out I'll have a cup or two of tea instead anyway.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
A generic teabag of black tea steeped for more than a few minutes has more caffeine than a measured shot of coffee.

I have a cup of instant coffee in the morning around 8:20am, then about 3 cups of tea throughout the day.

I used to drink coffee more often but just felt poo poo, its pointless, and if you're paying for it you're stupid.

X dollars per cup of poo poo from some supposed connoisseur you could fart better out at home for less.

Robin Williams fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Oct 10, 2018

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Robin Williams posted:

A generic teabag of black tea steeped for more than a few minutes has more caffeine than a measured shot of coffee.

I have a cup of instant coffee in the morning around 8:20am, then about 3 cups of tea throughout the day.

I used to drink coffee more often but just felt poo poo, its pointless, and if you're paying for it you're stupid.

why did you kill yourself robin williams

was it because you drank too much instant coffee?

come back

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

sandwiches_and_ham posted:

why did you kill yourself robin williams

was it because you drank too much instant coffee?

come back

Im not him but the answer is he was just scared, sad, reality doesnt get better with money , or family, if your depressed. And its no fault of the people you love. its just an unrelateble unexplainable tangled mess you eventually succumb to.

Not everyone.

Robin Williams fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 10, 2018

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
Good coffee is like good alcohol, the eventual crash is less heavy and the high less toxic.

Just slosh it around in a sauce pan right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I like roasting my own green beans

• Locked thread