Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

poo poo it's back again already???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DivisionPost posted:

There are a couple of developments I’m not a fan of but hooooo mama this one ended strong.

hell, :same:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Skwirl posted:

Criticizing the costume choices on this show is weird. It's like being upset at Game of Thrones for the gratuitous violence and nudity. Also, if you're getting upset about the choice on an in universe level it's his mother's fault for letting him show up like that.

dont even get me started on molly ringwald's oversized suit

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

He'll forever be Ross' son to me. Forever.

This is probably a big part of why I can't stand Cole Sprouse lmbo tho I just have issues with the Jughead character in Riverdale in general.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Skwirl posted:

I will say, I thought Archie's tat was supposed to be a real one, a fake tat in jail would be worse than not having one at all.

Same lmao, I was surprised to hear he got a temporary one I guess ??

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, I bet Mad Dog died in some boxing ring the guards bet on or some poo poo.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I just realized how that's going to just leave us with Betty and Jughead still making even as their parents lmbo

sad

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Skwirl posted:

First season had a bunch of sexual tension between Luke Wilson and Veronica's mom too. Like I don't remember the details but it was heavily implied there wa some sort of love triangle between them and Hiram or they dated before she ended up with Hiram.

Yeah, good point.

How boring!! I want to see poo poo mixed up!! lol

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

TheCenturion posted:

The theme of this season seems to be glorious 80s movies. Shawshank, Mazes and Monsters, It, Wicker Man, I’m convinced that Cheryl being in her bra at least twice an episode is also an 80s teen comedy reference. The Satanic Panic, cults, it’s all so good.

And Juggy gets his S shirt.

Unless I'm crazy, he's worn an S shirt many times on the show already.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Shneak posted:

The post-coital scene between FP and Alice followed by one between Jughead and Betty was... a choice.

lmbo i can't wait to watch this week's episode

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

joebuddah posted:

Could someone take a screenshot of this back of the G and G book? I think it may a qr code. I tried but I have Spectrum..

Do you know around when in the episode it is? Haven't watched yet but I don't mind opening Netflix in a tab and skimming through for you.

e:

this thumbnail has me concerned that ruining a RENT song wasn't enough and now the show is moving on to ruin a Chicago song

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, looks like some kind of symbol.

And thank gently caress it wasn't a Chicago song lmao

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

poo poo I forgot Sabrina was dropping this weekend. Damnit Netflix I just finished Daredevil and need to play Red Dead 2 and finish AssCreed: Sufferin' Sappho Edition !!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

iirc they said Archie in prison won't last too long.

e: also ffs i listened long enough to confirm it wasn't from chicago but mussing up a cole porter song will be even worse !!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Calico Heart posted:

Also I know this is some stupid nerd complaint but like

It's "Dungeons and Dragons". The rip-offs include "Tunnels and Trolls" and "Mazes and Monsters".

It's location then creature not creature and another creature think about it for one more second before you write it you loving hacks

:yeah: tbh

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

this rendition of anything goes made me so angry i muted it wow

however this episode owns bones but drat I was not expecting to have such a visceral reaction I guess I expected them to go w begin the beguine or smth

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

meh tbh

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I enjoyed the episode a lot, but it felt weird to me. Like the show was leaning hard into it, but the actors kinda weren't. I wanted to see some hammy impressions of Madchen Amick, Skeet Ulrich and Luke Perry basically lmao

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Shows with expensive or annoying to license songs usually get gutted for the home media release tbh

e: that said netflix has broadcast rights for Riverdale in several countries (it's how I watch it weekly) so it may be safe in some form due to that but :shrug: your best bet to hold onto the music something aired with is piracy

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I was hoping for a more clear 90s pastiche considering most of the parents are played by people who famously played teens in the 90s. The weird 80s/90s mashup was kinda weird-- but like I've already said the whole episode just felt weird to me tonally, anyway, as much as I did enjoy it.

Besides the show is already kind of out of time despite being set in the present. Having the 90s of Riverdale not be fully 90s is fine.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

idc much about the semantics of 80s/90s/early 90s

I just wanted more 90210 and less Breakfast Club.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

My burning Riverdale question is thus: when tf are we gonna get Ronnie hooking up with Reggie and Betty hooking up with Veronica (e: i wish ugh) Archie. We've had three seasons of Veronica and Archie and I demand my classic Archie love triangle gdi!!

e: I like the G&G stuff more now that it's p overtly connected to seemingly everything else going on. If they tie it around to the Farm as well I can see it working out well.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Like, I don't hate Jughead or Bughead or w/e nearly as much as I used to, but I don't come to trashy teen dramas for monogomous relationships between sexy teens gdi I'm here for the drama. Especially in a show based on Archie!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I feel like the show was not ready for how insanely popular Bughead became lmao, I would not be surprised if they are endgame even whenever we do get an inevitable Archie/Betty storyline. She'll almost def end up with Jug in the end I bet.

Shame b/c Betty was always best grill for Archie in the comics imho

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Archie's a big ol dope and I respect that

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Wait are they dating in real life? That is 100% going to result in an on screen break up.

Ronnie and Reggie's actors are currently dating, too.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I bet they're smokin so much legal Canada weed.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

And moonshine.

That's what kids are into these days right?

Seems about right

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I feel like that's probably true for most extended stays in a diff city for production. Especially amongst a young and attractive cast.

At least I hope it's true :wink:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Though I know Bughead is endgame, the true best end would be after 7 or so seasons of an Archie/Betty/Veronica love triangle the girls just say gently caress that dope and run away together b/c the truest of loves is clearly sapphic

but im also incredibly gay so this could be a lifetime of wishful archie comics thinking

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

Edit: oh god the fans call them Choni i quit this show

smh not calling them theryl with a really gay lisp

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh poo poo there was a new episode tonight?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

GreenNight posted:

Yeah where the gently caress are you?!

Getting drunk with my mum lmao

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Hermione Lodge's desktop is triggering me.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I will #dropped this show if we never get Betty + Archie tbqh

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Now I wish Jug ended all his narration segments with 'xoxo serpent king'

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Betty will get pregnant then responsibly abort.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Isn't Ethel dead lmao

Like it was one quick line during that timeskip but I'm pretty sure Ethel killed herself in the hospital.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Jughead is also both of those things imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I can't remember the line offhand but Jug says something that sounded like she died to me, then we see a scene of her with the Gargoyle King in her hospital room.

I'll peep it omw to work if my data behaves 'cause it's been bugging me. But she hasn't been in an episode since.