Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
So... since when is Archie's tattoo fake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Riverdale season 3: Shawshank + It

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

God drat it! Why was there a gap this week!?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

cant cook creole bream posted:

Also, the guy who I assume to be Dilton's dad is curiously absent from the present day story line...Or that might just be an unrelated person, who later started a cult in the woods, to murder more people.

Yeah Dilton's Dad is the Gargoyle King, or maybe Reggie's. It would be kinda lame if it was someone we haven't seen yet but with the gaping plothole that is Hal's murder spree i guess anything goes.

So wait, Betty now knows her and Jughead once shared a long lost older brother?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

drat, took me till the chorus.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

What was so 90s about it? It felt pretty late 80s to me

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I am Jughead and this show is Gryphons & Gargoyles.

Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa is the Gargoyle King.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

esperterra posted:

Ronnie and Reggie's actors are currently dating, too.

Oh gently caress, that's hot

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

esperterra posted:

Jughead is also both of those things imo

Yeah but he's the narrator, he's got plot armor. That's how he survived being beaten to death.

esperterra posted:

But she hasn't been in an episode since.

Which isn't really out of character for Ethel even when she's a part of the plot.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Mameluke posted:

I'm just waiting for Hiram to stick his fingers into the Sisters.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

EAT THE TRASH DRUGS BETTY!!!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

It's in the water

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've never heard them called toque or toboggan and I'm from Michigan where we have to wear them year-round.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

It's this.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Or maybe these girls can just handle their hallucinogens better than the lightweights over in Riverdale.

TheCenturion posted:

.... those chicks are just hardcore, and know how to hold their goddamn fizzlerocks, not like some filthy casual who pops a single goddamn rock and just starts freaking the gently caress out all over the place, drat it, Mindy, loving chill or somebody's going to call the cops!

The kids were made up to look like junkies so I assumed they had a tolerance or were coming down. Seems like it's supposed to be like a hallucinagenic meth, which is a scary thought.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Oddly enough, the thing Cheryl has proven most over 2 and a half seasons might be that she's just not as evil as she lets on.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

God drat it. I thought "Hiram is the Gargoyle King" was too obvious but here we are.

I will admit, Riverdale: No Man's Land was unexpected. How many episodes do we think it'll be before it goes full Mad Max? Like 2

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Phylodox posted:

Well, that and the upcoming season of Gotham.

That's, uh, still goin huh?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Binary Logic posted:

Cheryl's family physician is Dr. Caligari. Of course.

I laughed out loud at that name drop and realized instantly that I was the only person in a quiet room who understood the reference.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Or perfectly fine the next day

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Still Fluxing posted:

I feel robbed of the montage of FP and Jughead trying different ways of sneaking themselves back into town.

Silent in Black and White and with some Dixieland jazz

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Is it just me or is it way too late to expect us to care about SATs? Like maybe season one before serial killers, drug cults, mafia hits, child prison fight clubs, and martial law quarantine but we're so far off the rails at this point like how could I ever give a poo poo about a test?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Open Source Idiom posted:

Edit: no no no no no. I got it. She takes over La Bon Nuit and turns it into a burlesque club. Veronica sings a mournful cover of The Black Eyed Peas' I Gotta Feeling over a slow motion montage. It is terrible.

What a horrible idea...that sounds exactly like something they would do.

Also, kicking myself for not seeing the "who shot JR" plot coming. It's as if while planning this season they realized "everything has been done before...." and their solution was "...but not all at the same time!"

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Who needs therapy when you have a gun?
The American way!!!

Ok this episode totally makes up for off screen bear attack, I was starting to worry about this show the last few episodes but this one was great and the next one looks CaRaAAAaazy so I'm 100% back in!

....even though Hiram wasn't even out for an entire episode(I should have known better)

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I made an involuntary noise when Veronica mounted Reggie and an opposite involuntary noise when Cheryl said "the pretty poisons"

I was disappointed that more of the episode wasn't devoted to Riverdale's new Bonnie and Clyde going on a crime spree, that was what got me hyped in the preview and then it was literally the same 5seconds from the clip and nothing more.
I'm glad Kevin is still a character and that Archie is back to the status quo of season one I guess but it was hard for me to give a poo poo about all the interpersonal drama when I could be watching a race against the clock to commit enough crimes to pay off a mysterious threat.

Imagine if the episode ended with the Momfia reveal instead of just farting it out in the middle.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

In real life? That's gonna gently caress up that 90210 reunion thingy

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

But not pollution.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

My girlfriend met him when he was campaigning for a local politician and an old friend of his, Sherrod Brown. She says he was a real chill/humble guy.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I don't know, that sounds exactly like what they would do on Riverdale.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Senerio posted:

I liked the usage of both the original show's lyrics and the updated West End lyrics (which are heavily featured in Big Fun), admittedly a bit watered down for Television.

Wait those were actually songs from the Heathers musical? Yikes.

I blame High School Musical. If not for them we wouldn't have had Glee and I wouldn't have to sit through musical episodes of my favorite soap noir show.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Phylodox posted:

I think Buffy bears more of the culpability there, but “Once More, With Feeling” was actually really good, and still stands as the best example of the trend, even now.

I don't think Buffy had enough influence to keep this trend alive.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Yeah I could have skipped to the end to find out Rory's 2nd mistake grew up to be a cult leader.

The clapping reveal was pretty cool though.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Why is it we seem to only get like 2 episodes in a row before yet another break? Other shows on other networks just do the one winter break right? This season seems like it's mostly break

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

cant cook creole bream posted:

It was all a dream from when Betty passed out at the beginning of the season. :effort:

You joke but that is the famous Dallas twist and this show loves to "pay homage" to those sorta things. I mean they basically did "who shot JR" though it's Riverdale so that didn't last more than an episode.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Well it better be something good because Jason not being dead is like the only thing they could do that would be too much/stupid (in my opinion)

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Shoehead posted:

The Cheryl clones would go to absolute war with each other(and probably us too). There can be only ONE

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

esperterra posted:

I hope Cheryl goes full Norman Bates

Hopefully she goes full dead brother drag

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I'll stop watching if Jughead dies, he's the best character comics/show/otherwise don't @ me!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

He's at least getting buried alive.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Twin cousins, just like in the comics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Yeah....Toni was way too chill about JJ's corpse, she should have run screaming into the night. I'm a little disappointed the reveal came so soon and has been brushed off so nonchalantly because hiding a corpse in your house that you're obsessed with is a better plot than ghost of triplet fetus haunting.

But their Harley and Ivy costumes couldn't possibly have been more on point/brand/the nose, these writers know exactly what's up.