Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm already an episode behind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
All these teens are so jacked. And stacked.

I don't understand why Archie got a fake serpent tattoo? surely a real one would help in prison. Also why did Jughead's also look painted on when I think he has one? Also I should say I think the tattoo make up on this show looks good. I'm used to soaps putting the blackest black on people without it fading or blending onto the skin. It's a minor peeve of mine.

also also was..hotdog a different breed before?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

MorgaineDax posted:

Hot Dog is a sheep dog and Vegas is a lab I think. Maybe you're thinking of that one.

I looked him up and it looks like I Shazamed myself into thinking he was some Bully breed.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
All the tattoos on the show are transfers. But so is Jughead's, unless his dad was supposed to have painted over his with Archie, but he got a black one off Toni

Here's a big thing on the Serpent tattoos: https://www.teenvogue.com/story/riverdale-makeup-artist-shared-how-the-southside-serpents-tattoos-are-made

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

cant cook creole bream posted:

I'm fairly sure it's supposed to be real. Mister Forsythe Pendelton II made it with a tatooing needle. He even put up glasses for precision.

By the way, I kinda want to see an episode where Forsythe Pendelton senior shows up. In all likelyhood he's just dead, but there could be an interesting falling out instead.

He was brushing at it with a pen or a brush. It was weird cos why would you ever?

Also this show is nuts

Me and my partner spent the while episode going "oh this is Shawshank, this is Satanic D&D, this is the Hole, that's Heaven's Gate, that was a Wendigo". Bloody show is all over the place
This is gonna be a weird thing to watch along with a sister show about a witch who has to pledge herself to Satan

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 19, 2018

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Wasn't there already a fake D&D? Snakes and Serpents or something?

Also half a school getting into D&D is pretty lolworthy

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Skwirl posted:

Serpents is a gang/ethnic group that Jughead is a part of.

What, really!?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

MorgaineDax posted:

Swords and Serpents!

That's it! Well drat that didn't follow Locations and Monsters either

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The guy they got to do teen Hiram fuckin nailed his weird speech pattern.

Also I really liked Teen FP having Skeet's fringe thingies from Scream

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Still Fluxing posted:

That's his IRL son!

I had no idea, me and my fiance couldn't believe how bang on it was.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I didn't even notice that the quarantine was over? What was the point of marooning the town and then just undoing it next episode?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Me and my fiance had a running joke about every issue with the Serpents always being revealed to be Tallboy selling them out. So we both laughed our asses off.

Also they handwaved Archie being loving dead do hard. I knew they would but I didn't think it would go from "dead, mauled by a bear I'm Canada" to "walked to Riverdale and super alive".

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

GreenNight posted:

Look we don't have time for story and poo poo when we have Cheryl making out with her girlfriend.

That's another problem with this latest episode. No lesbian cat burglaries

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I can't believe Archie couldn't read until he was nearly seven.

And by that I mean I believe it so much that it's etched onto the surface of my very soul.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Malpais Legate posted:

I still lose my poo poo that Josie's actress is like 33.

There's not even a nodding acquaintance with reality here.

Shes older than the actress who plays/ed Penny, whose supposed to be a similar age to F.P!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The closer this show gets to queer The Warriors the better.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
"You Serpents are good"

"The best"

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
RIP Poncey

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Hi I haven't caught up to the thread yet but the first number hasn't ended and I really hate this already and it's even more out of place than the musical last year.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

esperterra posted:

you won't miss much if you skip the episode and ask anyone what happened tbh. i can think of 3? plot points that matter from the musical episode. maybe 4. all easily explained with a couple words.

Too late. Jughead is singing about being normal and I'm upset because he's weird. He's a weirdo. He doesn't fit in. Why do you think he wears that stupid hat?!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Archie moved to Canada and even then got beared so it might just be their own luck

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

terrified of my bathroom posted:

riverdale season 3: man door hook hand car door

:captainpop:

Hey this show was losing me and between a loving Sai duel and Hal's loving Candyman hook hand I'm back in. This is the level of stupid I crave

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh oh oh and I'm so glad they played real Head Over Heels. I mean Eye of the Tiger over a boxing montage is amazing but its my favorite Tears for Fears song

Edit: Oh yeah but they should 100% spring for more licenced synthwave next season

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Jason Blossom!?!!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The Cheryl clones would go to absolute war with each other. There can be only ONE

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 06:45 on May 14, 2019

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Fuckin hell this show.

That fuckin flash forward. Riverdale Season 4: Jughead Must Die

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I can't wait for Hiram to send a gang of bmxers after Archie. They'll settle their score in the old abandoned Sweetwater Skatepark on the South Side.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Bughead very conveniently split the show between stuff I care about and stuff I could not ever possibly want to see again (Archie's continuous bumbling) so I am gutted

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Have an A/J/??? love triangle instead

Actually that's not really any better

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Age up Jungle Boy with cg imo

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Was that... a decaying pile of pancakes?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Identical twin cousins would fit this show so well.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

esperterra posted:

We may as well keep using this thread, so if anyone has new title ideas lmk!

FRED'S DEAD, BABY :rip:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Cheryl is a bad tipper. I love Cheryl, but that's a fact.

She has absolutely told a service industry worker that if they wanted to be paid better they should find an other job after being called out for not tipping and then also gotten them fired maybe. I can't deny this truth

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Glad Jughead is in school with Bret EaWeston wEllis

edit: Oh my god that smash zoom of Edgar on the stairs oh my god.

edit: Oh my got the ROCKET

edit: Oh my god, *vaporises the liquid crazy and breaths deep* Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 27, 2019

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Archie is a giant moron

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
My partner was away for a few weeks so we watched 4 whole episodes in one go. I think I might have a secret half sibling.. or a cousin now

Edit: also Veronica's OLDER half sister is named Hermosa? Who names their first born love child "sister" in their native language?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Lol my Spanish!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm still processing the last few episodes. Besides my poor Spanish.

-I'm sad that Toni is now atm the straightman for Cheryl's antics, even though said antics are amazing. (we can keep the corpse in the house but only as long as we get rid of the creepy doll!) But what about Toni's life? What about the Poisons.

-Speaking of the Poisons and gangs in general where the hell is Sweetpea? His girl ditched him for Archie and then left town, his best friend got married to a guy in a cult and.. is in jail? I dunno. He's having a tough year

-Archie is fighting crime but like only the crime in one single alleyway. Kids do crime for free goes at time crisis. Archie cures a (homeless?) child of crime by forcing him to work in a diner.

-Hermione cannot resist the power of Hiram's bare torso

-JUNIOR FBI

-LIKE THE FBI FOR KIDS

-and they all just accept this. They all have polo shirts with the FBI seal embroidered on them

-I love that there is a fake Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew in this world and that both Betty and Jughead loved them. Because of course they did, that's just good worldbuilding right there.

-I love that Hermosa has pearls like Veronica used to wear. I also like them being dressed in black and white when Veronica sees her portrait.

-Sad that the show was a pains to establish Moose as a bisexual character only to write him out 3 episodes later? Unless he's actually dead or something.

Last thing. I think this show had to wrap up a few important things at the start of this season, which has kind of gotten in the way of letting some characters really address some weird poo poo in their lives. (It's also restored the status quo somewhat which is disappointing on its own).
Like no one has visited the twins. FP and Alice seem to have hooked up off screen, Jughead and Archie have talked like twice this season I think, the Serpent's leader is off in a prep school, Reggie's 2 episode physical abuse arc ending offscreen (maybe), Veronica KILLED A GUY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Cheryl's house right now: