Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I'm gonna try watching regularly this season instead of catching one or two odd episodes. I've listened to Sex Archie since it was a thing, but there's definitely no substituting the visual strangeness Riverdale brings to the table.

Personally, I've been a fan of gimmick episodes since I was a kid (Seinfeld? Friends? I was a Drew Carey guy) so I'm most excited about the flashback episode where the teen cast plays their characters' parents. Really hoping there's a teenaged Hal hanging around doing murders and/or dating Alice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I'm not super sure why she lied to Jughead & Betty. Like, did she arrange for the Gargoyle King to attack them? I thought she & the dead boys were scared of it.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

This week largely felt like a part 2 to last week's, although I did enjoy Ronnie finally evolving the show into a true CW Original by opening yet another night club.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

God drat, that title card. I love that this show does comedy in a completely un-modern way: It commits to the bit. Never stops to go "this is so wacky!"

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I'm glad Grant ran the numbers on what year the flashback took place in, but after "Game Lad" I'm pretty sure all the music that was obviously a decade out-of-date was totally on purpose. They knew it would gently caress with people.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Like... Why though? Just have it be the 90s.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I'm just saying they could reference Breakfast Club without stealing it's dang soundtrack is all.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

^burtle posted:

Jingle Jangle Jughead playing DND is boring as gently caress. Give us more Archie cage fights.

I was gonna say the jail stuff has been comparatively predictable... But then a firebrand happened.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

So they'd turn out like season 1 Alice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I think the implication is she put the deed up against his 25%, even though nobody said as much? Like, they sure treat it like he walked away with nothing.