Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

While I don't think he's the main antagonist/bad guy Sizumu does seem to be doing a lot of planning and subtle manipulation that he's clearly up to SOMETHING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Grouchio posted:

Please tell me if it's okay to simp on Mujina, her character development, and her thighs.

What if she's Kano. Do they have the same color eyes? The characters look kinda similar to me but that just might be my dumb brain

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 08:42 on May 8, 2021

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

What if she's Kano. Do they have the same color eyes? The characters look kinda similar to me but that just might be my dumb brain

Not quite.

Kano's eyes are closer to Chise's in color. Mujina's eyes are a bit paler.

(Plus, you know. Mujina's thousands of years older.)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1390795810628067330

The usual kvin episode thread.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008
This space intentionally left blank.

chiasaur11 posted:

Nine.

Also, definitely seeing the parallels Yume's noticing between Yomogi's friends and Kano's. Kind of a messy bit there, since it's unclear in both cases where exactly things are friends giving each other poo poo, and where it's someone getting targeted.

I don't see it that way, it's Yomogi gives back as much as he takes it, there is genuine affection in his original circle, even if he isn't satisfied with the rest of his life. Meanwhile, Yume is almost jealous of how much better Yomogi has it in comparison to Kano. That prank video was deeply unpleasant.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The thing I definitely liked about the bullying video is that you really get an impression that Kano's friends really weren't aware of what kind of lines they were crossing. That's not to absolve them of anything, obviously - if anything their ignorance makes it worse. But it's a more interesting dynamic than just being lovely for shittiness' sake.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

The thing I definitely liked about the bullying video is that you really get an impression that Kano's friends really weren't aware of what kind of lines they were crossing. That's not to absolve them of anything, obviously - if anything their ignorance makes it worse. But it's a more interesting dynamic than just being lovely for shittiness' sake.

Yeah, it perfectly nails that dynamic you see a lot with teenagers where the gang just sees it as a harmless prank while from the outside you can see the victim is getting more and more distressed/traumatised but is also never going to communicate it to the others because they know they'll be made into the badguy by the group if they're seen to complain about harmless fun. Contrast it to Yomogi, where his friends behaviour might look superficially similar but you can see Yomogi's fine with it and giving as good as he gets, and all of them quite clearly know exactly how far they can go with each other without hurting anyone. Social boundaries are ephemeral and context-based things like that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You get the impression that if Yomogi seriously told one of his friends to knock it off, they would. Kano's didn't seem to be the same way, or at least she didn't feel comfortable testing that.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

A bit of a running theme I see is inadvertently hurting others. The pranks may not have been meant as bullying. Manager probably didn't think she was toying with Koyomi's affections by venting some of her frustrations over drinks only to bring her husband in. Yomogi's mom's boyfriend doesn't seem like he's trying to make him uncomfortable. Yomogi himself hasn't given his friends a second thought about how they might be seeing him and Yume hanging out. Yume on her part didn't mean for Yomogi to get sick when she stood him up that first night, and probably isn't really thinking how closing herself off is upsetting him. People aren't even necessarily at fault beyond mismanaged expectations, but it seems present nonetheless.
Could see more developments on this as they keep unraveling threads - there's got to be more about that bag in middle school.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

I wish I remembered Gridman a bit better, so many parallels.

Also, a detail I missed:

https://streamable.com/rstcnd

e: This was easily the best episode so far. Can't wait for the next one.

marumaru fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I can't wait for episode 9 personally.