Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Rob Thomas kicks rear end, what vision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Sabres can’t even score a goal without giving one up ten seconds later lol all the articles leading up to tonight’s game attributed their success so far to Hutton’s strong play. Whoops.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Canucks are so bad and Tampa are so good. This game should be 7-0

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Remember people, it's not even done the first month of the season. There is time for everyone's teams to suck poo poo for awhile.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Stretch Marx posted:

Remember people, it's not even done the first month of the season. There is time for everyone's teams to suck poo poo for awhile.

Definitely reminding myself of this as I watch the Knights give up goal after goal and knock all their shots off the post or right into the goalie's pads

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Lessail posted:

just a sterling example of vgk outplaying the penguins

VGK kinda has outplayed the Pens but the Pens have the infuriating ability to just poo poo out goals like it's nothing.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
:siren:Matthews continues his goal a game pace :siren:

What a shot. Holy poo poo.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
Imagine Dragons

Not Even Once

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Wowwww he just completely shanked a wide open net

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Hawks defenders have no idea how to get out of their own zone

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

Leafs powerplay doing their best Harlem Globetrotters look

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Ginette Reno posted:

VGK kinda has outplayed the Pens but the Pens have the infuriating ability to just poo poo out goals like it's nothing.

well when you "outplay" opponents and lose by multiple goals I'm gonna question the notion heavily

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Nate Schmidt has my vote for the Hart just from how bad the Knights are without him, apparently.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Quenneville looks so nervous, feel bad for him. I've gotta think he's the #1 candidate to come out when Bratt returns. I might even try Stafford there soon.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Stretch Marx posted:

:siren:Matthews continues his goal a game pace :siren:

What a shot. Holy poo poo.

And then he gets called for a phantom call.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

I mean, the Pens gave up this 2 on 0, and got bailed out by DeSmith.

https://twitter.com/RP_Quigs/status/1050547271819907072?s=19

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Someone needs to use this thing:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Lessail posted:

well when you "outplay" opponents and lose by multiple goals I'm gonna question the notion heavily

I mean controlling play is good but if you don't finish plays enough then you basically become the Hurricanes of the past 3-4 years. They were routinely a dominant Corsi performer but didn't have the talent to really capitalize on all that possession.

I think Vegas does have the talent to do so though

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Imagine being in favour of replacing the Sedins with Jay Beagle and Tim Schaller and then whining about how Boeser sucks now.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Mage_Boy posted:

I mean, the Pens gave up this 2 on 0, and got bailed out by DeSmith.

https://twitter.com/RP_Quigs/status/1050547271819907072?s=19

Well when the 2 on 0 is Reaves and Bellemare...

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

That's good, but I don't want to give up Hot Dog Rust.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Wait, the Hawks scored twice that period, but didn't give up any. :confuoot:

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Ginette Reno posted:

I mean controlling play is good but if you don't finish plays enough then you basically become the Hurricanes of the past 3-4 years. They were routinely a dominant Corsi performer but didn't have the talent to really capitalize on all that possession.

The Hurricanes also showed us that good possession play cannot make up for Cam Ward and/or Scott Darling!

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

But then they'd have to like the pens.

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name
Caps are playing like they think they can just casually waltz by except they seem tired and slow and so can’t make or receive a pass.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Sure is nice to play a team on its 4th road game coming off a back to back at home

Sure is

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
:lol: I don't know which was worse, the puck hitting that Wing in the skate as he's going off slowly and then completely ignoring it causing a 3 on 1, or Tavares receiving a great pass from Matthews just to try and pass it back and have it hit the only player defending the 3 on 1.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Ginette Reno posted:

I think Vegas does have the talent to do so though

I feel that we're finding out that maybe they really don't, at least not in any way that last year might've suggested

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Petterson is so much better than anyone else on this team

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
It's the fifth game of the season, Lessail.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Par Lindholm is having a pretty decent game thus far. Seems to be able to keep pace and dance around.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

Petterson is so much better than anyone else on this team

What lines are they doing? You mentioned Boeser struggling but surely he should be playing with Horvat or Pettersson, no?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jesus Christ, get out of your own way.:ramsay:

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
This is Boeser's best game of the season thus far.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

What lines are they doing? You mentioned Boeser struggling but surely he should be playing with Horvat or Pettersson, no?

Horvat and Boeser have been a pairing and Petterson and Goldobin are the other. Both lines have cycled through a bunch of wingers on either line. Eriksson has spent most of his time with Petterson and Baertschi with Boeser. Bo and Boeser look super rusty to start the season though.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Horvat and Boeser have been a pairing and Petterson and Goldobin are the other. Both lines have cycled through a bunch of wingers on either line. Eriksson has spent most of his time with Petterson and Baertschi with Boeser. Bo and Boeser look super rusty to start the season though.

One of the announcers just said Boeser put on 10 pounds (ostensibly of muscle) this off-season and they think that's why he's looking slow

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

One of the announcers just said Boeser put on 10 pounds (ostensibly of muscle) this off-season and they think that's why he's looking slow

People have said that but it probably has more to do with the fact he broke several vertebrae in his back last year and had a crazy long rehab process. He missed all the summer training. He got super buff probably because he couldn't do anything other than lift weights.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

gently caress

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

:siren: FART MAN :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

Stretch Marx posted:

Par Lindholm is having a pretty decent game thus far. Seems to be able to keep pace and dance around.

He's everything Babcock wants in a #4C

• Locked thread