Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Knowledge of how -Gates works, and the dogwhistles they use is the only way to drive normal people away from them, plus getting people to understand the weird way they try to play everything as goofy, so people don't take them seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Teenage Fansub posted:

Mark Waid opened a gofundme to raise legal funds for D+C 'n Pals' lawsuit against him.
https://www.gofundme.com/mark-waids-legal-defense-fund

Looks like a few chuds are posting comments trying to call Waid a bully, among other things.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

mallratcal posted:

I don't think Dickie is smart enough to back down, his lawyer is going to take him for all he's worth.

It also fits in with his "I'm oppressed" narrative if he loses, suddenly it's not just Waid, but the "big mean US liberal court system" that oppresses him.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Court recorder and jury.

And soon they will combine into Judge Draid.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Lurdiak posted:

I'm friends with people who work in official translations of various manga and anime, and people assigning malicious motives to them and assuming that they're messing with the integrity of the work (despite not knowing even rudimentary japanese and having no way to check) is nothing new. Idiots will swear by fan translations that have horrendous grammar and get every other word wrong as the "true" version of the anime simply because it seems more japanesey to them to use bad sentence construction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvNxgHTWIlo

This was basically the debate in the early 2000s for anime.

I'm not paying to much attention to the animegate thing, but at least gay and lesbian couples have been a part of anime for ages. And while not the same thing as voluntary transgenderism, a few series have dealt with involuntary transgenderism, like one called Kashimashi, about a boy that was killed by a space ship, then reconstituted as a girl cause the aliens thought he was one. It was a short read, and kind of interesting, as the kid had to stay a girl, and it dealt with her and others coming to terms with it.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
You know he spent a bunch of that crowdfunded comic money doing that instead of actually doing a comic.

Really starting to think a new parenting strategy needs to be "Hey, if you don't like something, even if it's a part of something you really like, don't focus on it," cause this behavior is not healthy.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Vince MechMahon posted:

The campaign was for an album not a tour and she paid everyone.

When people raised a stink about it.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I've noticed all the Vic fans also immediately turned on Monica Rial (Bulma from DBZ), which is telling. And it's like every drat time.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
And if someone, like Rial, had freaked out and ran off stage or refused to show up at a con, they'd be labeled difficult.

Hell, at a Wal-mart job I had, I reported a guy for stealing and slacking so hard at his job that it affected the customers, and I was the one who got fired, for rudeness, because on a particulaly bad day I came in asked what the gently caress was going on with them just letting him do that.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I question, more then most games, someone who needs wank material in a Mortal Kombat game.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Supposedly they didn't even look for a new director, so they probably never planned to fully remove him.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Dave Sim is trending on Twitter, the reason has already been posted here.

Also, it was a couple days ago, but Alex Milne, and artist on Transformers books apparently has no issue with EVS, so not following him any more.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I don't think they collaborated on anything, but Milne liked one of EVS's tweets, and at this point it's kind of hard to not see what EVS is doing.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Elon Musk turned his Twitter avatar to Edward Elric just now as well, so who knows if it's related or just a lovely coincidence.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Lurdiak posted:

This is like the 17th attempt to start a DnD-gate in the past year.

What -gates are we up to at this point, and what started them?

Gamer was Anita Sarkessian going "maybe we could tone down the sexual exploitation of Women in games," and chuds freaking out.
Anime was Vic being a sex pervert and chuds being like "nuh-uh" (which I'm going to love seeing him proven in court to be a sex pervert)
Comic was what, EVS and DiC starting indiegogos?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Dawgstar posted:

Earlier. Kicked off when the women at Marvel's editorial staff went for a milkshake.

So the Milkshake brought all the chuds to the yard?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Jedit posted:

Where do speedrunners find the time to be racists and sex pests?

They're speedrunners, they can be racist and a sex pest before their feet hit the ground from their bed

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

poly and open-minded posted:

Boy do I hate the Gwulk's cover need to shred all clothes like it was made in 1995

To be fair, the Regular Hulk does the same thing

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
SJW protected his account, looks like the chuds have nothing but free time.

I'm not really, but still a bit surprised twitter doesn't have some kind of protected account thing where you have to have someone actually verify all claims against an account.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Soonmot posted:

stupid mohawk and that makes it okay.

Are we talking giant spikes/fin, or just the stupid shaved sides?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Skwirl posted:

The diesel sweeties guy got syndicated

Did that ever show up in newspapers? I cannot fathom how that comic could have been next to Garfield or Marmaduke. Unless I'm remembering the wrong comic.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I'm kinda hoping Marvel does a Storm or Rogue movie soon, just to see if these gaters try to claim they're mary sue type characters. Plus, if Captain Marvel ever does retire, they have an easy out.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Maybe they were $20 from a store that was selling them for profit, but not from the comic company themselves.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Skwirl posted:

I agree, but Peter/Carol is like the closest thing to an interesting story they've done since selling his marriage to satan in order to open up all the potential stories.

Is he back with MJ, or is that whole thing still going?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Jim Carrey from Liar Liar is better.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

TheHan posted:

:psyduck: Kinda surprised the woman who wrote Mockingbird is TERF.

Apparently John Cleese is a white nationalist, so who the gently caress knows any more?

gently caress, 2019, the year where you the phrase "Kill your Heroes," becomes drat near law.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Dawgstar posted:

I wonder what might finally do it. The chuds finally running out of money? (Probably not.) He gets caught in a Mundane Matt situation where everybody turns on him for Reasons?

What is his deal, I have a friend that listens to him, and I'm hearing some worrying comments from him. Like my friend isn't alt-right or Gamergate, but loving hates Sarkeesian.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
It's a complicated position, he doesn't share many view points, like he doesn't mind women and minorities in games. But I think he's been poisoned on Anita (from listening to Matt), as the correct response to anything related to her at this should be a mix "who," to "oh that lady the chuds hate." He also is pretty easy to pull off of right leaning stuff, I've gotten him on Shaun and he loves Hbomberguy videos though, except the CAD one, mostly cause I think it hits him close to home, Contrapoints seems a bit to far for him, though he does tend to agree with her, and has nothing against Trans people.

Also, we live in Kansas, so that's still super left out here.

Anora fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 11, 2019

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
He did go on Half in the Bag, so I wonder if the RLM guys are going to scrap his videos like Game Grumps did with Projared.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Honestly his best option at this point is to start collecting evidence on them and Blackface Lawyer so he can do that.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
It's not even done yet, so probably not.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
This is gross as gently caress, the guy on stage is Vic:

https://twitter.com/Terez27/status/1154575875217735680

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

site posted:

you know, seeing this here reminds of when someone recently asked me why people keep posting about vic in this thread since he doesnt really have anything to do with comics and i couldnt give an answer

Tangentially. Doug Tenapel supports him, and he does write comics.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

site posted:

okay well since im obviously in the minority here, im just gonna say that posting videos of pedos actually hitting on children, without thinking about whether or not anyone actually needs to see that sort of thing, feels like the inevitable consequence of obsessively posting every tweet about a pedo that comes across the feed, and im sure it wont be the last time, so im just gonna unbookmark this thread and leave yall to it

I apologize for posting that is it offended you this deeply. I had it pop up in my timeline and it seemed like a definitive "this guy is an rear end in a top hat pedo creep" vid that would put a spotlight on his behavior in a way that second hand stories would not. I had though the "this is gross" warning would have been enough of a warning, I'll try to more strongly emphasize it next time.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Soonmot posted:

oh no were we puppetmastered? I was about to reccomend better youtubes

Are there any anti-comicsgate youtubers? I know about the main guys like Shaun, Hbomb, Contra, etc. But those guys are more general use anti-nazi, and barely or never cover comicsgate stuff.

Is Vic "Animegate" at this point, or is he still just "vic?"

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yeah, I mean, he's trying to come at it from a leftist perspective, but frankly it feels like he's giving the story way too much credit. Like, I can get what Spencer was probably going for from that video, but it doesn't excuse the execution being awful.

I think he mentions that by the end, he says it fumbles alot, but he got the message. I left it on while I played Warframe one day. I also didn't read/care about secret empire and had no idea that was the Hail Hydra cap thing until he showed that part.

Rhyno posted:

We should start our own channel then.

Review your 3P TFs.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

X-O posted:

Yeah the usual poo poo sites are apparently running the story into the ground. Bleeding Cool, normally a poo poo site, is actually reporting it factually that it's fake. So I guess yay Bleeding Cool?

Eww, that felt dirty to type.

Also why is this a thing now? The book was announced a long time ago and there's already an issue out. A little late on the fake hate campaign if you ask me.

Someone probably saw the book was out, went "EWWWW women," and then started that to drum up something to start the GFM dollars rolling in. They basically need something at this point.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Skwirl posted:

Are there any famous monkeys in comics? It's entirely apes from my recollection.

Fake edit: the Capuchin from Y: the Last Man, I guess.

Does Gorilla Grodd count? Also the other one, I think the king of Gorilla city, both are flash villains I think.

The kids on Super Friends had one, too.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Awaiting that go fund me and the idiots it fleeces.

:shepspends:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

420 Gank Mid posted:

Remember fascism? It's back, in pog form!

To be fair I imagine a bunch of nerds that sit at home all day wanking would probably be pretty good at a game that requires up and down arm movement.