Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Open Source Idiom posted:

You've not watched Syfy in a while, eh

I have literally only watched Vagrant Queen so probably not! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

muscles like this! posted:

IIRC the only one officially announced is Doom Patrol.

Technically the actual factual capital G God of the DC Universe used to be a pre-teen girl who also spent thousands of years as a goddess in an alternate universe created by Lucifer. She took over Heaven after God abdicated and left the Throne empty.

That's without getting into things like the godwave and fifth world, source wall, presence/Spectre, Destiny of the Endless, and so much more

Marvel's cosmic stuff tends to be backyard six year old NUH UH I DODGE IT stuff but DC has an entire three tiered bureaucracy you need a pinboard and paranoid schizophrenia to map out

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Argue posted:

Is there something more to know about Destiny of the Endless? I've read all of Sandman.

Supposedly he was there when the Presence spoke The Word who also turned into God's own killing machine and will be there at the end right before Death puts the chairs on the tables and locks the universe as she leaves

When you throw the Endless in with Kirby's stuff and the Green Lantern/Crisis stuff poo poo gets nuts quick

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I had a dream that John Constantine was on this show and he and Killer Shark got married.

Do you think that means I'm watching too many super hero cartoons or not enough?

It means you should use spoiler tags for future episodes you jerk!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Motherfucker posted:

Aw man, I really liked Psycho.

He'll be back. I mean, where the hell else is he gonna go?

Also someone gif king shark blushing at the smooch

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I hope Harley just keeps kissing random increasingly absurd people until the very end.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Blaise330 posted:

"There are some holes that not even an army of parademons can fill"

Nah, all those holes are full!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I want Hamill to come onto the show...

...as Trickster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL-VHe_4GmE

Who do you think Kite Man's best man is gonna be?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xelkelvos posted:

Killer Moth? Crazy Quilt? Cluemaaster?

I said best man

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Spacebump posted:

When I saw Batman v Superman at an Alamo Draft House, they played every death of the Waynes on screen at once as part of the pre show entertainment.

You have no idea how much I miss Birth Movies Death pregame show and Alamo in general.

I mean they played Seagulls Stop It Now before Rise of the Skywalker, on a big screen. Please do not yell at me about a movie I enjoyed I don't care.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I was ??? by that because I can burp on command, even giant ones too. Problem is the giant burps sometimes get stuck. :(

is your name a nina hagen reference :thunkher:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Swamp Thing. Depending on when you determine Ivy's origin (the first version of her was published in 1966), Swamp Thing is 'older' than she is, origin-wise.

He's also way more powerful than her. He refers to her as the "May Queen." There is an episode of JL:A where Ivy mind-controls him, though.

Ivy controlled Swamp Thing, who was co-created by Bernie Wrightson, who made Captain Sternn, who I included in my LPs.

So, basically, I was responsible for this show. You're welcome. :smug:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Desperado Bones posted:

Constantine dating King Shark (again) would be the best of this year.

Oh, and Stargirl is actually a very cute show. I haven't seen the second episode but the first one was good so far. I loved how campy the JSA looked like.

Stripesy struck me as creepy starting out and behind all the '50s town shenanigans but it turns out he's actually such a standup dude that it threw me off.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Space Fish posted:

Hell yeah. I don't even mind the Monster of the Week format it seems to be riding, so long as each villain helps build up the setting, the JSA's past, and Courtney/Pat's growing bond in and out of mask/mech.

Would more people be on board if they saw Luke Wilson working out the kinks in his mech, complete with wonky rocket punch, like we all do with our bipedal battle armors from time to time?

Well he'd be more relatable to be, a rocket punch robot hobbiest, and furthermore,

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

zegermans posted:

Mrs. Cobblepot didn't look like she was 20 years younger and dating him when she was 17 though

shut the f—

wait, sorry, old habits. continue! :)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I guess I"m the only one on the boat with not liking how this is being handled. Kite Man is gonna get wrecked and there's no real feeling of romance between Harley and Ivy, just "AND THEN THEY HAD SEX TWICE, LOL"

Maybe it's what they were going for to subvert expectations but after all the buildup to their first kiss the whole thing felt super cheap and underwhelming.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

roomforthetuna posted:

It was a song about poop, that's not nothing.

I... Did not enjoy that. It was funny at first but then it drug on long enough to be uncomfortably unfunny.

The whole episode this time out was really uneven imo.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhonne posted:

The first preview image of episode 10 was released earlier today:

I'm sure this will end well.

Oh no. No show. Bad show. Bad!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BigRed0427 posted:

I mean...theres a reason I stopped reading superhero comics. You hit a point where it becomes kind of clear that There is just no interest in making anything aimed at a queer audience. If there is it's either something thats quietly made, released, and canceled and you only hear about it like...two years after the fact. Or you end up with stuff like Snowflake and Safe Space.

I will never forgive DC for demanding the wedding between Kate and Mags not happen and then giving it some mealy mouthed bullshit of "we don't want our major heroes tied down in marriages!!"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Am I supposed to dislike Lois? Because hiding a rock that can kill Superman next to someone you think is Superman is genuinely terrible.

The silver age had a LOT of issues.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Alan Tudyk voices Clayface as the Joker.

Ftfy

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MonsterEnvy posted:

That's not a spoiler

Evil...er? :shrug:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I was okay with this episode honestly! They can't possibly be stupid enough to put Harley and Joker back together and if they do them it'd be such a hilarious train wreck I can walk away from future seasons without feeling too angry.

And yeah I like Harley accepting she leaves a trail of chaos and bloodshed in her wake and then going "But this time I'm gonna fix it! I'M BRINGING BACK JOKER!" without a hint of self awareness. Really kind of highlights Ivy's point.

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 6, 2020

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhonne posted:

We're going to get a montage of Harley dunking Joker until she gets the right version.

"Do you want to know how I got my MMFMGMFM" *dunk*

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Motherfucker posted:

Listen dawgs I'm gonna real talk with you, they were looking for a way to off Cy for a long time because as it turns out the greedy jew landlord who tried to kill people with an oven to cover up their own crimes came off as a tad extremely non kosher.

Also yeah I'm with you that this season feels slightly off the rails. Still on board though.

Plus, I really like Dr. Psycho. His bit in the mall with riddler and Cy was excellent.

You know the show writers are Jewish right? I mean they did send out a "yeah probably should've thought that one through" but still

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

itry posted:

Send a second crew (same gender ratio) to Gotham Park :v:

I love this gag because it's taking the piss out of the fact that Montoya is the only female cop you ever seen working the DCAU.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Holy poo poo Yolanda's parents are monsters.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Phylodox posted:

I like how Stargirl isn’t afraid to portray its protagonists as genuinely dumb. Like, not naive or sheltered, but just plain bone stupid. It’s refreshing. Courtney’s going to feel right at home with the cast of Legends of Tomorrow during the inevitable crossover.

Courtney hits this perfect balance between boundless optimism/enthusiasm and incredble naivity/stupidity that's very "young teenager" and incredibly endearing :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xelkelvos posted:

The Dini one was okay, if only because it was also a Harley and Ivy story and casual outfits that'd probably look great on the show (though since it was Dini writing, this Harley is basically the pre-New52 version where she never got dunked).

What is going on with that art and why is Harley talking with a western accent :psyduck:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Look, lots of dads are serial killers.

Why did I ever doubt this show :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

muscles like this! posted:

Something I think Stargirl needs to address sooner rather than later is why these people should be the new JSA. Because other than Rick it seems like just about anyone could be the new Wildcat and Doctor Mid-Night since the gadgets do all the work.

To be fair Yolanda is really the only non-DNA keyed active recruit, and that turned out pretty well, so she's basically at 100% success!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

PicklePants posted:

Did Ivy get her Cobb Squad tattoo removed?! Oh no. I was hoping that it'd last forever.

Turns out it was just sharpied on

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
It really is kind of incredible how broken the families are in this series. Court's is normal enough, she has a mother and stepdad that actually cares about her, but Beth's parents are clearly estranged and maybe in denial about it and Yolanda's parents need to be reported to child services.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Kite Man.

Hell nah :smith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Would *you* stick around and shoulder half the rear end-kicking? Especially if you had those calves to run away with.

But he's also got the traps to carry it?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Phylodox posted:

I think Stargirl is succeeding on the same premise that Legends of Tomorrow is; everyone is idiots.

If only we could get Matt Letsher to zip in as the Rival and call them idiots.

If only :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Stargirl is so goddamn endearing and Pat is the MVP out of all of them.

"They're going to get themselves all killed!"
"I know, I agree!"
"...I see what you did there."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Wasn't Dr midnite's power literally just being able to see in the dark? I mean, yea he's a doctor too, but like, that's it. Dude can see in pitch black and wears goggles so he's not blinded in regular light. He's like a dollar store version of Riddick.

I haven't watched stargirl yet, so I'm probably missing some giant context.

Originally, Dr. Midnight was blind. Hence, the invention of super duper vision.

I mean it's basically Daredevil's origin so I'm willing to roll with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Swollen Member posted:

Is it just me, or is Sportsmaster a much better villain here than he is in the comics? Or is it just that the fight scenes sells him much better than the printed page?

The latter, I think. I don't think anyone took Sportsmaster from the comics seriously just based on his appearance alone, but "Casey Jones Except Can Kill You With a Baseball" is a lot more intimidating.