Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

jim harden moves his legs like the herbie hancock rockit mannequin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i know you meant to put them on your trainwreck list but you didn't so here you go: the kings

i think the clippers changed their broadcast crew up so i'd have to check but they could be an option too.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

dharmic stepback jimbo in rhythm (with the noble eightfold path)

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

booker slammed the drat door shut

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Ramadu posted:

lol devin booker is my favorite baller by far lol I memorized his birthday and Google him twice a day.

I study all of his highlight videos too and have watched his 70 pt game highlights at least 30 times.

I'm also equally gay as Devin booker (meaning not gay at all, but think gay things sometimes because he's so handsome)

I also make whole rap songs and made awhile song dedicated to Devin booker.

My friends say that I imitate the way he moves in real life... Not intentional at all but probably true, I just look up to him that much.

He isn't just my favorite ball player he's also my favorite person.. my idol...

i got so horny i ate the soap

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Lockback posted:

G-League coaches would have the selfish motivation of developing a high-draft pick guy would make them look really good for coaching opportunities. And I feel like that same situation happens with NCAA teams now with guys who are obviously 1-and-done, so worst case scenario is you are in the same boat.

Alternatively, you can have NBA teams be able to draft 18 year olds (who enter the draft) but have the first year be required to be a G-League year @ $125k and doesn't count toward NBA service time. 18 year olds get paid to play, NBA teams get to develop those guys instead of the NCAA half-asssing it, and at 19 the rookies still get their millions with the rookie contracts.

I don't know the specifics but the nhl's draft setup without the lovely canadian league agreements that force them back into the OHL until they're 20 or whatever would be cool, and the NCAA as is I don't think could compete with a real minor league system

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

flicking a guys nose and sticking your fingers in his eyes is an incredible alpha move

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

What if Rondo has a custom mouth guard modified for spitting

underarmor used to sell a mouthguard that covered your bottom back teeth only and it was supposed to also help optimize your airway and lessen the buildup of lactic acid

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

kaminsky with the snapchat spectacles in the dunk contest crowd is already as dated as KG with his camcorder in the vince carter dunk video

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

kenny: they're not laughing at you. chuck and shaq are some guys that would relish the opportunity to go in the ocean and touch seaweed with their feet

shaq, throwing a stack of papers in the air and laughing: chuck. come on chuck. seaweed? 911 what's your emergency? i'm in the ocean and there's some weird seaweed touching me

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

So why is Dragan Bender so bad? Suns or just a bad player?

he can't play with the ball so passing and driving to the rim or even a midrange game are out of the window. he plays like a wing so screening, posting, and rolling are out. he's probably in his own head about his 3 point shooting. he looks like he tries on defense but he's bad at it and boring bad too, not like chriss who would block shots and sometimes get it right. soft.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/ginamizell/status/1059299922082619392

https://twitter.com/ginamizell/status/1059299487997280257

lol.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

suns shot 34.6% against the nets

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

https://streamable.com/kxgxq

So uhh what's up with the Rockets

harden got confused because the new vats puts the game in slow motion instead of pausing it

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the suns city jersey should have been the jonah hill one. hell they tried pants in the nhl once.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Doltos posted:

It really shouldn't take a hostage situation to make the Suns stop blocking their young players with old vets that have no interest in playing there after the first month of their contract

i actually agree with you but their backup center right now is richaun holmes who is 6'8 and looks lost on offense and too grabby on defense. they should have told lebron how fun ryan anderson and jamal crawford are at parties

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

he took the jinxed perk and didn't max his luck

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Coaaab posted:

Can't wait to wear [shoe company] Zions whenever they come out

I need the whole zion adidas outfit for my fat rear end. hopefully they have some dazzle camo instead of stripes

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

lebron added like a foot and a half to tyson chandler's vert in a week

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

chunkles posted:

what happened

looked like a gordon haywerd type thing

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

philly: how about a starting point guard
suns: how about a incredibly young 3 point shooting big man

both, simultaneous: deal no take backs

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Rick posted:

Unironically if Bender could succeed it would be with someone like Embiid taking 100% of the pressure off of him to do anything big man related.

pre-trade we were already playing holmes at center so that was ayton/chandler/holmes leaving bender free to theoretically be a 7 foot tall kyle korver but he's not good enough shooting to be in the wing rotation and he's allergic to any of the post/dribbling/layup moves from 2 point range. I guess igor knows that from practice and preseason though.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

I don't think Booker is in the patient mood anymore, that might be kind of rough

I think he's frustrated and maybe not patient but he's still waiting. He signed his extension with the #1 OA pick coming and... ryan anderson and no point guard in free agency

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I swear to god this was a thread title

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Draymond Green @SuspendedForTruth

lol

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

using one hand for the brake and another for the clutch hosed up fultz' scalpula balance all over again

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

big boi posted:

Does Lonzo still do that thing where where he sweeps the ball to one side during his shot, making it easy to defend?

yeah but not as much, instead of flicking it from the hip it's more chest area

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

1. i assume everyone in new york's reaction to melo is like the first 13 seconds of that stephen a smith clip

2. nobody in the league can whirl zion around like super mario did to bowser in mario 64 so he's gonna be pretty good

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Athanatos posted:

Richard Jefferson out there loving with Ian Eagle during broadcasts:

https://streamable.com/69412

lol

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Ramadu posted:

:smith:

it really feels like im rooting for the browns of the nba here

Crazy Ted posted:

Given the perennial penny pinching I'd think the Bengals of the NBA would be the more apt comparison.

they're the cardinals of the nba.

i don't have any basis for this but i feel like tj warren is like a silent jimmy butler with his teammates

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The way the suns have played I don't think doncic would do them any favors but PG wouldn't be a gaping hole and presumably they keep tyson chandler so C is merely just a regular hole. .500 is a tough hill to climb when josh jackson still apparently doesn't know what he's doing, it took 7 games before igor would start tj warren, the young guys all had growing pains, and the rest of the team hasn't been able to get any sort of consistency. So no but i'd like the team more I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

chunkles posted:

the old sleep walking perfect ball swiping man jim harden

Jedi Jim with the no-look midichlorians

• Locked thread