Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
They seem like a pretty easy way to get around, I've never used them myself but I've always wanted to. I don't even think they sell normal adult sizes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svensken
May 29, 2010
I think it might be because they are very dumb, op

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Those things were fun as gently caress to use to skate around the halls of my middle school until they banned them

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
You get like 1.5 seconds of rolling per weird little "run on the balls of your feet" sprint you do though, doesn't seem any better than just walking and then running if you want to go faster.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Just wear rollerblades at all times if you want to be a very cool adult

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Konar posted:

You get like 1.5 seconds of rolling per weird little "run on the balls of your feet" sprint you do though, doesn't seem any better than just walking and then running if you want to go faster.

What about downhill, smarty?

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Burt Sexual posted:

What about downhill, smarty?

Fuckkkkkk

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Konar posted:

That’s not true you could glide on those things for quite awhile

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've said this before on here but I totally came up with the exact idea for these when I was like 10, 20 years before they came out and when I described them to my mom she said it was a bad idea and would never work. Totally shot me down immediately. She claims not to remember this

open container
Sep 16, 2008
Heelys are for children. Sophisticated adults wear Soap Shoes.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

They make adult sized Heelys, so just buy a pair and have fun OP! Sure people may stare and even point and laugh, but you can just give them the finger as you glide away.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Be like this guy op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVbtVQ2BXvs

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 16, 2018

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Pawn 17 posted:

They make adult sized Heelys, so just buy a pair and have fun OP! Sure people may stare and even point and laugh, but you can just give them the finger as you glide away.

I’m actually considering this rn

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I'm the kid at the skate park insisting that Heelys are the same as roller skates and getting laughed at by everyone, regardless of whether they agree or disagree with me.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
excuse me while i pop a heely

*pop*

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

because when kids fall who cares. imagine a bunch of fat middle-aged people colliding into each other who don't have health insurance

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I knew a kid in college who wore them. They suck to get around, slower than loving a quick walk and the wear out quick and they mark you with a giant redflag socially.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Remember that Dane Cook movie where he wore Heelys at his job working at Costo then he later hosed Jessica Simpson?? Checkmate haters!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Freshman year in college my roomate wore a pair all the time. I don't think he had tiny little feet so they must have made them in adult sizes. He looked really stupid using them. So I assume they didn't catch on for the same reason segways never really caught on.

RossMan4Life
Dec 18, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Had a buddy who bought a good pair in college and he enjoyed the heel out of em. He is a barfly and so people would tell him he looked dorky but they were jelly.

gently caress people saying you can't have fun. So you'll look stupid, at least you're enjoying yourself.

That said, they're hard to actually get good at and a pebble that a skateboard can run over will insta trip you.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

RossMan4Life posted:

Had a buddy who bought a good pair in college and he enjoyed the heel out of em. He is a barfly and so people would tell him he looked dorky but they were jelly.

gently caress people saying you can't have fun. So you'll look stupid, at least you're enjoying yourself.

That said, they're hard to actually get good at and a pebble that a skateboard can run over will insta trip you.

Thank u for ur inspiring post

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I took this 20 year old Swiss girl around Bangkok one day because she wanted to find Heelys and then made out with her for an hour back in her hostel but she wouldn't let me pork her because she said she was still in love with her boyfriend in Switzerland and that she was probably going to cheat on him on her vacation but not yet is why OP.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I bought my niece a pair for Christmas and all the reviews were from like 20-30 year old women. :shrug:

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

raton posted:

I took this 20 year old Swiss girl around Bangkok one day because she wanted to find Heelys and then made out with her for an hour back in her hostel but she wouldn't let me pork her because she said she was still in love with her boyfriend in Switzerland and that she was probably going to cheat on him on her vacation but not yet is why OP.

One night in Bangkok leaves the poor goon blueballed
Not much between despair and rolling shoes

RossMan4Life
Dec 18, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Big Beef City posted:

Thank u for ur inspiring post

I had a good time thinking back while I posted that, so... gently caress you I guess? That is basically what I said the first time, it's kinda like this rhymes don't cha think

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

pixaal posted:

Freshman year in college my roomate wore a pair all the time. I don't think he had tiny little feet so they must have made them in adult sizes. He looked really stupid using them. So I assume they didn't catch on for the same reason segways never really caught on.

What if we combine the two and have motor driven Heelys?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tolkien minority posted:

Those things were fun as gently caress to use to skate around the halls of my middle school until they banned them

this

also soaps

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Inept posted:

because when kids fall who cares. imagine a bunch of fat middle-aged people colliding into each other who don't have health insurance
There's already a bunch of mid-30s guys who suddenly decided to take up skateboarding, eh, longboarding. Don't know what the difference is, just know that they're probably going to hurt themselves.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Still not as bad as adults with scooters.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I can't wear heelys at work because they don't make steel toe heelys

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Segways are cool in the right circumstances and location, their fun too. Just cost like ten loving grand.

What are soaps?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

raton posted:

How big was her dick?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Burt Sexual posted:

Segways are cool in the right circumstances and location

What circumstance and location is that?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

RossMan4Life posted:

I had a good time thinking back while I posted that, so... gently caress you I guess? That is basically what I said the first time, it's kinda like this rhymes don't cha think

Calm down heelybo1

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
probably because self-awareness caught on first

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Burt Sexual posted:

Segways are cool in the right circumstances and location, their fun too. Just cost like ten loving grand.

What are soaps?

They had this plastic grind plate thing on the sole which let you grind down rails n poo poo it was very dangerous and fun

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap_(shoes)

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
who here can do the sonic stop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns7meOWH8Bg&t=153s

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

raton posted:

What circumstance and location is that?

Vacation (Chicago, DC, any park oriented city) and you rent them and don’t have to maintain the finicky things?

Am I gay?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Burt Sexual posted:

Vacation (Chicago, DC, any park oriented city) and you rent them and don’t have to maintain the finicky things?

Am I gay?

Oh god I’ve yelled terrible things at the Segway people in DC. I’m sorry burt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

There's already a bunch of mid-30s guys who suddenly decided to take up skateboarding, eh, longboarding. Don't know what the difference is, just know that they're probably going to hurt themselves.

longboarding is when you lay stomach down on the deck with your arms outstretched

• Locked thread