Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

TheEye posted:

Why does everyone think the southwest is the southeast...

Agreed on Gen 4 starters being great. I prefer gen 7, but Gen 4 still held the crown for a long while and it's one of the very few gens where all three starters are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1053873718714236928?s=19

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Got 3 metagrosses, one was high 80s and shiny, the other two were just high level. And i got another mewtwo. Pretty good community day.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Willsun posted:

I thought of this same idea except let people mega evolve anytime they want in the battle in case it's not looking too good. This would be a nice panic button in case people could only get small groups to raid, and also appropriately keeps it so that it costs something to people who only want to use mega evolution to solo/duo raids by themselves.

Up to them to decide how many candies it costs though, because on one end I would like to keep people from abusing it so it leads to more veteran players never helping out the average player in a raid ever again if they have just enough devices to play their alts and beat legendaries solo irl, but also not steep prices like the cost of candy that actual end form evolutions cost, like 100 candy.

My Mega Evolution Idea is that you should be able to "craft" a Mega Stone with 100 candies. Now any time you send, say, a Gengar, there'll be an option kinda near the charge attack button to Mega Evolve.

You can Mega Evolve once in battle, it'll be a pretty strong pokemon, but ultimately the difference in power of going from a decent pokemon to a good legendary. The stone doesn't need to be equipped or anything, so if you have a bug-focused Scizor and a steel-focusd Scizor, whoever you call out for what you need in that raid/gym will be ready to Mega Evolve regardless.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

In true GAME FREAK fashion, you can only transfer one Meltan Box from Pokemon Let's Go per week.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1068613314568232961 https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1068614672704815105

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hey, if I get "cant authenticate" messages for three days straight, does it mean im banned?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Took about two dozen, then I updated the app and did another dozen before it showed up. One more doggo down.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ballz posted:

So it looks like you need to have AR+ turned on in the settings menu to get the fancy new photo feature. Otherwise it's just a flat, boring looking little pokemon in front of whatever your camera is pointing at.

Maybe you need this explicitly turned on to get Smeargle to show up? So if you have it turned off and are taking pics, that might be why you've done dozens and no photobomb.

You do not need AR+ for Smeargle to show up

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Louisgod posted:

Extremely pissed Niantic told people how to get Smeargle, fuckin bullshit.

Just imagine,d, a timeline where one of thses freaks took an actual literal million picktrs and ran out of space in their phones and maybe had to delete pokemon go even

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Iymarra posted:

No, no smeargle. How is that gotten then, with the camera?

Click on one of your pokemon, press the camera button near the CP, take a cute pic, then close the camera thing and maybe a Smeargle will show up. If it doesn't, just try again.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

My old phone simply did not want to play Pokemon Go anymore after Christmas, and I finally replaced it last week. Hyped for my first community day in forever to be the dragon boi.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Got 6 shinies, one good enough to evolve.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I still don't have a ice golem dude

I've only gotten regice, who was the only regi i got in a raid. :^)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

But the hat is new!

I got the tenth off anyway, so gently caress it, i'll get me some mewtwo with extra edgelord.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Entropist posted:

Perhaps it's a Sword and Shield tie-in? There were rumours that armored Pokemon were going to appear in that (though they seem to have instead opted for a raid-like gimmick). And of course armored Mewtwo also appeared in movies.

Nah, those were just rumors. The only compelling rumors now are the Gigantamax, Team Yell, and Camping ones since a bunch of other stuff there ended up true. This is definitely just to tie-in for the movie, like how last year we got Lugias. It's just that only Japan gets the message about it being a movie tie-in, while the rest of the world gets to pretend it's just a random event.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The extra experience week and mewtwo are making me excited for tomorrow. Just gonna do a big ol' raid train in downtown and make number go big up.

e:
Got it, too. Fire up the fast TMs, boys

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 10, 2019

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Also HAHAHA HOLY poo poo NIANTIC
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/cb6a00/armor_mewtwo_in_gamemaster/

Armored Mewtwo base stats:
code:
    stats {
      base_stamina: 214
      base_attack: 182
      base_defense: 278
    }
For comparison:
Normal Mewtwo has 300 ATK
Azelf has 280 ATK
Cressalia has 153 ATK

And the CP range for A. Mewtwo at level 20 is 1584-1821

So it's another Defense Deoxys, that's impossible to use in great league and can't defend a gym.

Jeez, no wonder Mewtwo wanted to break out of that armor so badly.

I'll probably get one for the novelty of it and mostly just do the raids for XP.

I've never raided against a Deoxys D, is it being so defensive gonna be annoying?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Are you sure about this? I'm currently on step 5 and won't be able to trade until mid September and was considering making an alt just to trade with

You're good.

Didn't have much luck finding a raid group, and the ones on the discord sounded like they had a bad time trying to get enough people, but I did get the last Groudon that spawned and did a few smaller raids, so it was a nice couple of hours in the sun.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Did a few raids, almost ten probably. It was a fun time, i'm almost at level 36 with this. Got a shiny.

It made me realize that the Meltan research quest involves Hypno, Scizor and Marowak... and Ash's Meltan ate Fabou's Hypno's coin and then beat it. Then later on Guzma used his Scizor, and next week Kiawe fights using Alolan Marowak...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1150942449117933569

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Appraisal update is starting to roll out.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's also not Team Rocket, it's Team GO Rocket. Team Rocket operates in the Kanto region, Rainbow Rocket came from another dimension to Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, and Go Rocket are another subsidiary that has moved to Pokemon Go's world.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Any chance this correlates with a gen 5 drop?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1155931757037805568?s=19

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Turtwig is next month's cd

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I sell my info on google surveys because the capitalist machine has already overtaken our lives, so i stock up on google play money enough to buy an adventure box every few months.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dont klinkshame

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Vegastar posted:

Not only this, but in order to make this bullshit work in Niantic spaghetti code, they had to disable all wild Eevee and remove it from normal research and eggs because it can't instance the flower crown to just the breakthrough for some reason.

So it's literally the only way to get Eevee for the next two months.

But they had that squirtle event with regular ones and shades ones in researches?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I've gotten two 10k eggs so far, will probably hatch them both today. I'll be super salty if neither of them are Unowns.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Seems like the Unova Stone is mainly for pokemon that needed evolution stones in black and white.

Kyurem White might be the strongest pokemon of all?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Mesadoram posted:

It has 15/13/15 and is shiny. I feel my RNG luck went into this :smith:.

You're gonna turn that smith into an unsmith when Sirfetch'd turns out meta relevant.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The only consolation for the Unova stones is that there are only four pokemon that need it:
Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Munna, Minccino, Eelektrik and Lampent

to the items goon:
i just did one item bag upgrade, and then I dump all potions and revives except for Max Potion and Max Revive, only keep Pinap, Razz, Golden Razz and Silver Razz berries (and dump the regular razz if you end up stockpiling a lot of golden ones), and only keep a couple of each evolution item. Like, if you already got Slowking and Politoad, then there's no reason to keep many king's rock, like one or two just in case some wacky research asks for it.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 16, 2019

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

oddium posted:

that's seven ....

I don't recognize the monkeys as real pokemon. Specially not ones worth using your valuable stones on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pokemon Go: Unova four users may experience Zorua wrists

But really

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Pokemon GO: This release rate is looking pretty tepig