Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

TheReverend posted:

No. Show up. When questioned find an earnest opportunity to say "jury nullification".

You'll lose a day but not multiple days.

alternatively, be as conservative-looking as possible to get OKed by the prosecutor and if you get assigned to a case with bullshit charges then do some actual jury nullification :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Joseance posted:

you should do it because it might be a non-violent drug charge that someone shouldn't be convicted for

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

The Cubelodyte posted:

I’ve done this twice and have no regrets.

Is there a good guide on how to do signal to the defense attorney that you're cool without tipping off the prosecutor during jury selection?

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

in my opinion the following should be made into law:

- people should be paid by the state for attending jury duty the same amount as if they had gone into work. unemployed persons should either make what they were making at their last job, or at least a living wage, whichever is greater.

- this shall be funded by a payroll tax. this is better than just having the individual employer pay the employee, as that way no one employer can say "oh it's such a hardship paying for this person that's not doing work right now" - nope, gently caress you, everyone's already contributing to it. also by spreading it out it reduces the individual impact, and also substantially reduces the likelihood that an employer will want to try and retaliate against the employee.

- firing someone for being selected for or serving out jury duty shall be a felony with automatic jail time and resources shall be allocated to vigorously investigate and prosecute alleged instances of same. "nuhh well what if they just make up a bullshit excuse for firing" well then everyone selected or serving jury duty gets immunity from being fired until at least the time it's over. maybe even for a couple weeks or more afterward if enough employers are big enough shitheads about it. gently caress them.

yes

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

ASenileAnimal posted:

do your civic duty you jerks

• Locked thread