Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

What's worse:
Being judged by people too dumb to get out of jury duty or being judged by people who WANT to be on a jury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Also loving lmao if you go to trial with a public defender

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Honestly you should go. It's always interesting/terrifying to see the criminal justice system in "action"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Just show up and say you're a relative of a cop, they'll boot you off so fast you'll get wind burn

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Part of me thinks it would be fun and intriguing to be on a jury but the other part of me doesn't want to make like 10 times less pay because lmao I'm a contractor so my employer won't give me paid leave for it. America owns.

It's loving booooooring as hell. In my case the guy was so clearly guilty we chilled in the jury room for a bit after we voted just to make it look a little better.

edit: grand jury duty sucks hard, that's like a six week term

haljordan fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Oct 17, 2018

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Blast of Confetti posted:

me, a wiesend internet person "only idiots choose to do jury duty :smug:"

also me "why the fuyck do cops keep getting let off and regular people get ten years for pot"

Cops almost always go for bench trials, then you just gotta convince a judge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

You are supposed to dress professionally for jury duty.

I showed up in a sleaveless iron maiden shirt.

I also didn't pay attention to what the case was about when I was picked.

I also decided that during the trial, to ask to approach the bench, tell them that my previous work gave me a conflict of interested. Boy was that judge mad! I got to go home though so there's that.

It was pretty poo poo headed come to think of it. I was like 19 at the time so at least I wasn't raping people like a future judge.

one of the other jurors was a landscaper and i know this because he showed up in his landscaper clothes complete with dirt smudges. i didn't really care though, dude was probably busting his rear end and was most likely losing money by showing up.

• Locked thread