Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

K, looks like this game will start way before my other one. So I'm in.

Don't care about flavor pronouns, whatever is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2kIfS6fb8

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dick Bastardly posted:

Jacked in, jacked on.. getting ready to jack........around.

##vote Dick

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

oh ok

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

RUNNING: SCUMHUNTER.EXE
LOADED.

code:
SCUMHUNTER v.8.2
by ~m3lv1n-teh-j3rk-42069~

> sup n00bz, can't find scum? lmao, bunch a dweebs, but I got you. ok so first I'm gonna need either some names, or some posts, or an interaction. You can also press 5 for the help menu.

1. Repeat welcome message.
2. Submit user
3. Submit post
4. Submit interaction
5. Help
6. Credits
7. *LOCKED*
:ins:

5. Help

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

code:
> Help document:
> SCUMHUNTER program helps to hunt scum.
> The secret to hunting scum is to look at players' posting, to see if their posts come from the mindset of someone trying to destroy the town (I.E. SCUM), or from the mindset of someone trying to save the town (I.E. TOWN). 
> Analyzing another player's perspective requires intuition, logic, and feeling. This is difficult. That's why I made SCUMHUNTER.
> Submit SCUMHUNTER a post, and SCUMHUNTER will analyze it for the user's perspective, and estimate their alignment. 
> Submit SCUMHUNTER a user, and SCUMHUNTER will analyze the user's history for general trends in content, quality, and sincerity.
> Submit to SCUMHUNTER an interaction, and SCUMHUNTER will see if the players are having a sincere interaction or an insincere one.
> SCUMHUNTER is accurate and efficient!
> OWNER waives any and all liability for misvotes and innocent executions as a result of using SCUMHUNTER. Use SCUMHUNTER at your own risk.
1. Repeat this message.
2. Return to main menu

2. Main Menu

-

2. Submit User : AA

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

Hi it's been a busy weekend.

Did anything important happen yet?

Nope

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

What are your favorite cyberpunk stories?

Admittedly, it's a genre I've not read much of, and since the technological dystopia of the future is going to be grim dark and not neon infused I've not delved much into it beyond hopeful, awe-struck interest in video and roleplaying games which portray it as such.

Gibson/Stephenson. Haven't read any of it for years, but I'm assuming it all holds up

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

I actually hate Snowcrash.

:(

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

How about now?

Be the something happening you want to see.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I just beat a game called rise and shine and every time they talked about the shine I thought of Pods shine games.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I do find it odd that Hal was so oddly specific without any additional caveats.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

A Sometimes Food posted:

Second thought on reading the thread. imgay is probably scum. They flat out said they aren't keeping it 100 this time. Admitting that poo poo is absolutely what imgay would do.

I also agree with this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

jimmydalad posted:

It is an active day 1, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t lurkers. In fact, it can be argued that those who aren’t being active day 1 can be seen as more suspicious with the amount of conversation that has happened atm. I’m going to admit I come from a place of bias where I still remember my first game with Buffy Mafia. I don’t want that to happen again.

So be specific. Who would you cuddle for lurking at this point?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

Kill imgay now and be done with it, imo.

Sure.

##vote imgay

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

I'm liking Sometimes Food's posts.

Same. Although, I'm not sure I agree on GeneX. I could see GeneX as scum replacing here. But willing to let Gulag establish themselves.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

A Sometimes Food posted:

I'll be going to bed in two hours, and I'll vote then, there's good discussion going though so I'll hold off til I need to. No need to rush deadline is still more than 11 hours away.

I mean I'm genuinely unsure on GeneX and GGN, I just think that their part in the argument didn't really establish much either way regarding their alignment. What about GeneX did you find suss? Do they have a history of bailing as scum?

I think you are right on GGN. I don't see anything different than their normal play there, and people always think she is scum. She probably isn't.

It's been awhile on Gene, but I vaguely recall she doesn't like scum, and her posting before replace could easily be scum Gene. I wouldn't want to go Gulag just for the replace though. This isn't a TMM situation.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

##vote ecco

when rp becomes an excuse to remove a thread from content and refuse to post any oneself, it's scummy

This is novel. I agree with Taste. That never happens.

I thought it was fun for joke phase. We are out of joke phase now and this rp is a convenient excuse to not play.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SolusLunes posted:

It was bland, mediocre, and kind of a disappointing letdown. It wasn't enough of anything to actually warrant the kind of poo poo that followed.

I thought it was great and they should have made more.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

:camera6: Votecount for Act 1 :camera6:

imgay (5): hambeet, King Burgundy, Max, A Sometimes Food, jimmydalad
got some chores tonight (3): Kitiara, Kitiara, SolusLunes, Toalpaz, GenericGirlName
GenericGirlName (1): Jonathan Fisk, got some chores tonight, Jonathan Fisk
Dick Bastardly (1): King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
SolusLunes (1): Murmur Twin, GulagDolls, Murmur Twin
EccoRaven (1): Jonathan Fisk
Max (1): imgay
Lynch No One! (0): got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight
Toalpaz (0): SolusLunes, SolusLunes

Not Voting (5): CapitalistPig, Dick Bastardly, EccoRaven, Hal Incandenza, Kitiara

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 05th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 5 hours, 50 minutes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

hambeet posted:

the case is ggn's response to aa's good girl thing was just confected emoting. i think chores is taking that line too.

others are saying it's not really a game thing and therefore a neutral read based on that alone.

I'm with the others.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

Would also vote DB, fyi. He's ducked out atm.

Same.

hambeet posted:

curious what others think on solus

Nothing has stood out to me on Solus.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

got some chores tonight posted:

im sorry that saying s n o w f l a k e and following it with a handout joke triggered so many people in this game who are very sensitive to certain bad words being typed (e.g. kek, good girl, snowflake, handout). i didnt actually expect such a visceral response but it probably shouldnt have been too surprising

The only thing I'll say about this during the game, is now is a particularly stressful time for a lot of people, especially people in certain subgroups, given the politics at play in this country. I know this is SA and we have a fair amount of outright trolls in this community, but still, it really shouldn't have been that surprising as you yourself point out.

There are a lot of negative feelings lately. Maybe we can all make the extra effort to not contribute to them.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anyway, I'm fine with my imgay vote. Would also vote DB. Not super feeling a lot of the other choices. Ecco for example, may be scum, but I'd like to give her a bit longer to prove herself since she is super valuable if town.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

i think its pretty rare that people do the fake emotional manipulation thing as scum

It is mostly limited to certain people who are ok with doing it and I believe they are in the minority.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm playing this really loud.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Who are your current scum reads?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kitiara posted:

I'll vote for imgay rather than no lynch, but a lot of the posts for him did strike me as scummy.

Expand on this when you can, please. Point out the posts.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

imgay (6): hambeet, King Burgundy, Max, A Sometimes Food, jimmydalad, Kitiara
Toalpaz (2): SolusLunes, SolusLunes, Hal Incandenza, SolusLunes
got some chores tonight (2): Kitiara, Kitiara, SolusLunes, Toalpaz, GenericGirlName, SolusLunes
GenericGirlName (1): Jonathan Fisk, got some chores tonight, Jonathan Fisk
Dick Bastardly (1): King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
EccoRaven (1): Jonathan Fisk
Kitiara (1): Dick Bastardly

Not Voting (2): CapitalistPig, EccoRaven

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 05th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 49 minutes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'll be in and out, but will swap as needed.

Right now I'm leaning swap, because of that self vote.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

The push on imgay feels like a patsy case to me and I don't think he's scum simply because of how easily people seemed willing to vote for him for flimsy reasoning.

:(

I dunno. He sat at a relatively high vote total without going higher for quite some time. Lots of folks, like your scum pick DB, didn't want to hop on him.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Toalpaz posted:

I'd still vote Imgay, I just haven't cause I knew I'd be around.

##vote imgay

Explain the self vote.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

If imgay is scum he has the worst scumteam in the world, I find it really really suspicious how easily people are going along with this push.

Are you going to honestly tell me if you were scum with imgay you would try and push real hard against his vote?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

No, I'd push hard for someone else. Which is what I think the people who are scum with DB are doing with imgay.

I guess I should look hard at you if Imgay flips scum then. :)

I'm fine voting DB as well. But I think only like 3 of us have said that, so I don't know how it is going to happen for this vote.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

imgay (6): hambeet, King Burgundy, Max, A Sometimes Food, jimmydalad, Kitiara, hambeet, Toalpaz, GenericGirlName, Max
EccoRaven (3): Jonathan Fisk, CapitalistPig, got some chores tonight
Toalpaz (3): SolusLunes, SolusLunes, Hal Incandenza, SolusLunes, hambeet, Murmur Twin, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Murmur Twin
Dick Bastardly (1): King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
GenericGirlName (0): Jonathan Fisk, got some chores tonight, Jonathan Fisk, got some chores tonight
got some chores tonight (0): Kitiara, Kitiara, SolusLunes, Toalpaz, GenericGirlName, SolusLunes, Toalpaz, GenericGirlName

Not Voting (2): EccoRaven, Max

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 05th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 39 minutes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

I'd expect nothing less!

It seems to me like there are plenty of people here, throw out a vote and see what happens.

Uh huh. I'll play along, but based on the vote count I just posted you are living in a dream world.

##vote DB

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

Yeah that's like...

people don't actually do that and I can't believe it's a case people are making.

People do lot's of weird things and slip all the time. Jimmy literally posted something about busing his teammate Bminus in another game recently.

Imgay not wanting to claim he's keeping it 100 could easily be an actual tell. We don't know at this point, I dunno if he's done that since he started saying that in all his town games.

Imgay has scum claimed for real before. Imgay has purposely played against his wincon as a variety of alignments. I'm not sure how anyone can reasonably defend him from just about anything at this point.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

Like there has been actual pushback against imgay vote, he hasn’t really been the easy vote you’re saying he is.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kitiara posted:

Nope, that was busing his non-teammate Sal. And it was legendary and you should ready.

lol at imgay actually listing his whole scum team. Poor people.

I'm normally the case of "if someone is playing bad, regardless of alignment: they deserve to die". I know it's a game and all, but it's only fun if people are trying. So I'm happy to vote for some of those people not trying.

No, I read it. Bminus was his actual teammate who was at -2. He was reaching out to Sal his non teammate to coordinate the hammer, but for him the vote would be a bus and he slipped. He tried to sell it after the fact as if Sal was the real person he was revealing as his teammate and that he meant to type it in discord or something, but people missed that the wording actually implied at the very least that bminus was also on that team and somehow neglected to vote him. So he pulled out the slip and turned it into an amazing thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

imgay (5): hambeet, King Burgundy, Max, A Sometimes Food, jimmydalad, Kitiara, hambeet, Toalpaz, GenericGirlName, Max, King Burgundy
Dick Bastardly (4): King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Max, King Burgundy, Max, Jonathan Fisk, Jonathan Fisk, got some chores tonight, EccoRaven
Toalpaz (4): SolusLunes, SolusLunes, Hal Incandenza, SolusLunes, hambeet, Murmur Twin, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Murmur Twin, Jonathan Fisk, Max, Jonathan Fisk, Jonathan Fisk, Jonathan Fisk
EccoRaven (1): Jonathan Fisk, CapitalistPig, got some chores tonight, Jonathan Fisk, got some chores tonight
GenericGirlName (0): Jonathan Fisk, got some chores tonight, Jonathan Fisk, got some chores tonight
got some chores tonight (0): Kitiara, Kitiara, SolusLunes, Toalpaz, GenericGirlName, SolusLunes, Toalpaz, GenericGirlName

Not Voting (1): Jonathan Fisk

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 05th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 6 minutes.

• Locked thread