Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Why is the thread title gently caress Vail? I just went for the first time in 10 years today. It was pretty great.
PS, any Goons ever want to meet up some weekend and ski/snowboard?
Disclaimer. I'm from the Midwest and am not the best skier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Heh, hey Chicago buddy.

I'm hitting Winter Park Tuesday/Wednesday because I'd rather take off a couple of days in the middle of the week and not get paid than fly/ski on the weekend.

Ah I wish, I don't have any days off for a while yet. Just skiing on weekends for now :(
PS I moved out of Chicagoland in August

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Yeah. I use my old destroyed poles from when I was a kid and no one comments.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

ShaneB posted:

Lessons booked in 3 weeks. Hyped. Wish it could be sooner but adulthood.

Where are you going? Also if you need more help after your lesson and it's in Colorado I can help. I used to be an instructor back in the day and am patient/ don't care if I spend a day hanging out on greens

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

ShaneB posted:

Loveland. Too good a deal to pass up, combined with a few people I trust saying it's a good place to learn.

I'd love to learn more afterwards, too. Where do you like to ski?

Anywhere on the Epic Local Pass(because I'm poor and its all I can afford). Pick a place and we can work out a day to ski!
Skiing is great and you're gonna have a great time!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I went to A-basin for the first time in a decade. That place held up. I love the new terrain. But what the gently caress is up with $20 parking now

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

HookShot posted:

I think I'd rather stab myself than not wear ski socks.

Same. Also ski boots are the worst but after 26 years of skiing I finally have boots that only hurt for the first hour or so. :dreams:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

kiimo posted:

Innsbruck, Austia. Holy poo poo what a great place. I will ski there in the near future. Go there.

I went there last year with my wife! It was amazing. It's the only non United States skiing I have ever done and I loved the experience.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I would spend whatever on an A-basin pass. It's the best one anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

HookShot posted:

I trained again for the first time since breaking my rib today. I managed four runs in the two easy slalom courses. I stayed out of the third one since the conditions were "ice sheet mixed with death cookies" so I figured for a first day back that combined with the steeper hill in my worst discipline was a recipe for disaster, especially since I'm still technically in "do not fall or you might puncture your lung" territory.

It was a lot of fun, though.

Do you have any videos of someone racing your courses? I'm curious what they look like and how long they are