Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Checking in from the frozen north, a humidifier is great and definitely a necessity to avoid nose bleeds in the winter. We've got a little stand alone evaporative humidifier, essentially just a water tank with a wicking filter and a fan, and it keeps the house a nice 40-45% at 21°C

I actually find the lower 20% rH to feel warmer than the higher humidities but still prefer higher due to the aforementioned nose bleeds.

When I kept a salt water tank it was great at regulating the house humidity, evaporated over 1 liter a day in the winter from what I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Suburban Dad posted:

Reporting for spam.

Really though, I don't think you need to do this for AI:SS and this in like every thread. Regulars will see it and if interested, participate.

Lots of people browse the forums only through their bookmarked threads and making things stickies is a bit of a curse since even if you look at the forums directly people tune out the stickies.

Personally I think it's a good idea to spread it around, past threads had a few comments of having missed it due to not finding the threads in time.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Anybody else getting annoyed at the volume of knock off and cheap products on Amazon? Got a new phone and looking for USB C cables and it's just a flood of cheap products, same for Qi chargers.

It's really gone downhill, and with how evil Amazon has been to its workers I'm starting to think it's time to jump ship.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Thanks for the suggestions, I was eyeing anker cables so I think I'll try them out.

Got a little chuckle from our emergency broadcast test that happened yesterday, the organization that runs is called the emergency measures organization, with their government url shortened to /emo

• Locked thread