Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

spog posted:

Jsut be warned that - from what I have learned here - the TVs in Target/Walmart may be special, lower-quality ones especially for them.

It's how they get around price-matching too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Crummier refresh rates, fewer inputs, missing features, etc.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

ilkhan posted:

Don't you have a half dozen RX-7s still? (just like KJ)

What is with AIers and RX-7 hoarding? Mekilljoydammit has 14 of the fuckin' things.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

We averaged 5.1L/100km on our first trip together.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

STR posted:

Why do I feel like I'm suddenly everdave, except without kids? :sigh: (speaking of, she doesn't like me using condoms, and I know drat well my pull out game isn't that great, so it's been Russian Roulette).

It may already be too late for you, congratulations.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Rhyno posted:

So say we all.

Not me, I love spicy food but I have never charred my butthole.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Rhyno posted:

You don't know spicy then my dude. You ain't lived til it burns your mouth at night and your rear end in a top hat in the monring.

I'm eating this on my lunch right now.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Powershift posted:

Just watched: Vanishing Point
Watching now: Convoy

what do i watch nest.

Duel

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Ever have one of those days where you just want to stand up and walk away from everything?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
It's like nothing had really driven home that I've completely wasted the last seven (really more like twelve) years of my life, until this point yesterday.

This encompasses how completely lost I feel right now.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Darchangel posted:

An uninstalled two post lift?

I spent the first half of yesterday uninstalling it and there's just something about having it sitting in pieces in the quonset hut instead of in-use in the shop that has me pretty depressed today.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
gently caress.

Not even 2 weeks old.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
21yo kid was going too fast for the icy conditions and my only options were to get hit from behind or enter the intersection and get t-boned.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

I am, my brand new car certainly isn't! Today is literally the due date for my first payment.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Ugh. Try to get something for diminished value.

I should have car replacement on my policy but I haven't gotten that paperwork yet due to the Canada Post strike. Literally just have the temp card atm.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
My boss literally just used me getting rear-ended just outside the parking lot here at work as excuse to give me an ultimatum: Move to the GTA by Dec 10th or find another job because he thinks my commute is the problem and it's like bitch I didn't even make it 500m from the office.

Anyways, next morning pictures:

At this point I hope it gets totalled instead of repaired. It's tracking to the right and there's no way it'll ever be like it was before the hit again.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Suburban Dad posted:

How's that legal? Have you been missing work a lot or something? Or just late a lot?

I am the only person who is routinely on time/early to work. I'm not missing work either, he just thinks I'm gonna get killed on the roads due to the fact I'm driving 4 hours a day.

Reality: Two days ago I decided this job isn't worth it and have already been sending out resumes, I have zero plans on remaining here for more than the time it will take me to find another job.

E: Just got off the phone with my broker, I do have depreciation coverage and comprehensive on the Kia, because it was required for my financing, fingers crossed the car gets totalled.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 16, 2018

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

BraveUlysses posted:

4hrs a day commuting sounds miserable, I hope you find something better soon

I enjoy driving and honestly 4 hours of commute is better than my old job with the dupont shift rotation.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
It's okay, I do the play-by-play thing for poo poo I'm excited about too.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Fire, lots of fire.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

ilkhan posted:

Can consoles use real input devices yet? gently caress gamepads forever.

Real Yakuza use a gamepad.

KB + M 4 LYFE

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I heard back from my insurance company today. Adjuster spoke to the appraiser and it's been decided the Forte's repairable and that it'll take about three weeks.

I hate the rental accord, it's literally mediocrity in car form.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
E: ^^^^ :shobon:

Wrar posted:

Ankles are stupid designs full of lovely compromise.

Well, they are the result of a lot of trial and error.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Goober Peas posted:

I tried to convince my dad it was not 'Sherman William'.

He's still not convinced.

So instead of scorched earth we're talking about charred loam?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
So, I just got a packet in the mail from my insurance company. At first I thought it was gonna be the estimate for the repairs on the Forte (which the appraiser decided was repairable and will be returned to me in about three weeks). Turns out it was my policy for next year.

A year's insurance for the Forte? $514 ($387.71 for you dirty Southerners). That's with comprehensive coverage and depreciation protection as required by my financing, so not even lowest legal coverage. Admittedly there's another balance of $99, but that's for the transfer of coverage and due now as opposed to in January.

Also I never got my letter of "YOU DID A BAD THING" from the MTO for getting a ticket with demerit points, and my insurance company's notation on my driving record is identical to last year. I'm starting to wonder if the Caledon Courts just took my $240 and never actually reported my conviction...

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Hooray for saving a life! Good job.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Windshield on the rental got hit by a rock and chipped with some minor cracking.

$690 to replace.

This is karma for bragging about my low af insurance isn't it?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

slidebite posted:

Where do you live? Prices like that are typically found in areas with public insurance. When I lived in BC I was quoted $650 for my windshield, got the exact same one in Alberta for $240

e: somehow missed the rental part. You would get hosed on that one way or another. Will your credit card help out?

It's paid and I want November to loving just be over.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I think everyone should be required by law to work at least two years in food service and two years in retail.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Anyone know a good lubricant to use on a check valve in a gas tank? So it doesn't loving stick again?

Replace your engine with an oil burner and fill the tank with diesel. :v:

E: Real answer: graphite

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
+1 for Anker. Rush is also good. There's a few brands we stock at work that are good but 90% or more of cables, even some Foxconn-made ones, are garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Now they're saying 7.0.

This happened to someone I know on IRC:

• Locked thread