Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Someone will die and they'll say this is entirely unforeseeable and unpreventable. Like Khabib attacking a racist in the crowd for them showing footage of a bus attack they promised they would never use for publicities sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Should I start paying attention to One? I’m so tired of the 75% drama and outside of the cage hype / 25% fighting balance of the ufc.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Pay attention to RIZIN. It's like Pride meets Oplot minus the current war criminals replaced with former war criminals.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i've only ever watched UFCs actual cards .. i don't read mma news or watch the embeddeds or listen to podcasts. so i think following all of that stuff is a personal choice

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I favor Road FC over ONE as far as Asian B leagues go, mainly because Road does heavyweight freakshow spectacles in addition to tiny unknown korean guy fights.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

My favorite Diaz unsanctioned fight story is when he was biking and somehow got into a fight with two dudes in a pickup. He was sliding around in bike shoes, they stabbed him with a pen, and he lost his phone. He called it the next day and they had it, so he made up with them and ended up training together and being bros.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_XuaYWP8ds

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
One FC has some high level talent and some up and comers so it can be worth it for you but probably no one you know unless you train a bit yourself in MMA or grappling.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

I.N.R.I posted:

i've only ever watched UFCs actual cards .. i don't read mma news or watch the embeddeds or listen to podcasts. so i think following all of that stuff is a personal choice
Same, it's too much content without a unified purpose. Though the best single digit TUF seasons were often very entertaining

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

The actual UFC cards have the same balance though.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Odddzy posted:

The wrestlers literally put the system in place because kids were dying cutting weight less than ten years ago. The UFC could do something, they just don't care.

Cool, honestly didn't know. Seems nifty.

Things seem kinda cyclical with the b-leagues. I followed em back when Strikeforce was in it's prime (lol), then they got bought out and the UFC monopolized all the talent for a while. Meanwhile JMMA got sketchy as hell mostly in the 2010's. And I kinda stopped paying attention to anything except the UFC. Now things are in a place again where it seems like there's a lot of interesting stuff going on in em again.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Nov 19, 2018

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tezcatlipoca posted:

The actual UFC cards have the same balance though.

Lol

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

2nd domestic violence incident we've had this year. This time, the fighter was hospitalized with a broken orbital bone and her fight in January is probably off.

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/1064385282802425856

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rigel posted:

2nd domestic violence incident we've had this year. This time, the fighter was hospitalized with a broken orbital bone and her fight in January is probably off.

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/1064385282802425856

Dana's gonna have someone killed over this. No one hurts his tiddy fighters and gets away with it.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I don't know if theres a better place to put this but Felix Biederman of Chapo Trap House and Jon Bois (pretty good and chart party) are doing a 5 part documentary on MMA next week and I'm so loving excited. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK3FHjiwb_8

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm excited for it to. Definitely will be watching it.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

LionYeti posted:

I don't know if theres a better place to put this but Felix Biederman of Chapo Trap House and Jon Bois (pretty good and chart party) are doing a 5 part documentary on MMA next week and I'm so loving excited. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK3FHjiwb_8

yikes

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
final project for film class lookin good.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

LionYeti posted:

Loving the zoom on Condom Depot. Also, Jon Bois is something else.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i'd give a jon bois video on pepsi a watch. i'm sure the mma thing he rolls out will be watchable. what the chapo dude has to do with it, i dunno

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

LionYeti posted:

Looks like my poopoo that comes out of my rear end and goes into the toilet

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Eat This Glob posted:

i'd give a jon bois video on pepsi a watch. i'm sure the mma thing he rolls out will be watchable. what the chapo dude has to do with it, i dunno

He posted in this thread for years. I havent listened to chapo, but i assume this is a documentary on cortxbomb

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wow interesting the male unemployment rate go up and UFC viewership also goes up :🤔

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Oh now I remember who that guy is, he wrote the single greatest piece of basketball fan fiction ever written.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/6/3/5772796/nba-y2k-series-finale-the-death-of-basketball

OK maybe it'll be interesting but I really don't need to hear that guys voice from the trailer ever again.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He did 17776, Or What Football Will Look Like in the Future and you're legit missing out if you've never seen any of Jon Bois stuff.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Gumball Gumption posted:

He did 17776, Or What Football Will Look Like in the Future and you're legit missing out if you've never seen any of Jon Bois stuff.

17776 had some amusing scenarios, but the multimedia format got in the way a lot, imo.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Platinum got back together with his corner woman ftw

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Yeah Jon Bois is incredible but there is no way I am listening to the Chapo guy who sounds brain dead for an hour and forty minutes.

Also please everyone read the two Death of Basketball articles he wrote they are magnificent

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

spb posted:

Platinum got back together with his corner woman ftw

:krad:

If you love something, set it free, etc.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

FishBowlRobot posted:

:krad:

If you love something, set it free, etc.

Dana White lying on his stomach on his bed, slippered feet kicking, just waiting for Mighty Mouse to call :shobon:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Jon Bois's video on what Barry Bonds's career would have looked like had he played without a bat is pretty amazing.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Are you allowed to share a fight pass account with someone who has a different IP address or will they ban the account? I'm sure it's laid out in the terms of service but please understand, theres a lot of words in it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

I.N.R.I posted:

Are you allowed to share a fight pass account with someone who has a different IP address or will they ban the account? I'm sure it's laid out in the terms of service but please understand, theres a lot of words in it.

you used to be able to easily but at some point they've got this tracking thing happening with it and you'll get maybe a minute before getting cut. should say that this is if you're using it at the same time. if only one of you are on it then it doesn't matter.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD1_pgNYsSE

So here's a weird thing.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

can’t watch two screens at the same time but otherwise I’m not banned yet

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

ufc has wanted the chinese market for some time but unfortunately chinese fighters suck rear end so this makes sense.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thought it would be roidtech, unpleasantly disappointed.

mewse
May 2, 2006

1) my ad blocker was hiding this video??

2) this is EXTREMELY interesting. I've got some experience with olympic boxing so I've seen talk like this about an olympic training centre at a national level. This is a private company coming in and trying to promote a sport by building a residency/training centre and hopefully poaching athletes from other olympic sports, very very interesting. also every ufc video now requires forrest griffin trying to get up to speed for the first 5 minutes

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mewse posted:

1) my ad blocker was hiding this video??

Mine was too, that was weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Snowman_McK posted:

Mighty Mouse is a handsome man. Not as handsome as Robbie Lawler, though.

Lawler looks like a thawed out Neanderthal so if that’s what turns you gay more power to you