Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«25 »
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

Rap terrorist, terrorise, tear it up
Brought gas and the matches to flare it up
Militant Michael might go psycho
On any ally or rival
Born Black, that's dead on arrival
My job is to fight for survival
In spite of these #AllLivesMatter-ass white folk

Someone will die and they'll say this is entirely unforeseeable and unpreventable. Like Khabib attacking a racist in the crowd for them showing footage of a bus attack they promised they would never use for publicities sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Should I start paying attention to One? Iím so tired of the 75% drama and outside of the cage hype / 25% fighting balance of the ufc.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

On any ally or rival

Pay attention to RIZIN. It's like Pride meets Oplot minus the current war criminals replaced with former war criminals.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

i've only ever watched UFCs actual cards .. i don't read mma news or watch the embeddeds or listen to podcasts. so i think following all of that stuff is a personal choice

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

I favor Road FC over ONE as far as Asian B leagues go, mainly because Road does heavyweight freakshow spectacles in addition to tiny unknown korean guy fights.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

My favorite Diaz unsanctioned fight story is when he was biking and somehow got into a fight with two dudes in a pickup. He was sliding around in bike shoes, they stabbed him with a pen, and he lost his phone. He called it the next day and they had it, so he made up with them and ended up training together and being bros.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

On any ally or rival

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_XuaYWP8ds

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

One FC has some high level talent and some up and comers so it can be worth it for you but probably no one you know unless you train a bit yourself in MMA or grappling.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

I.N.R.I posted:

i've only ever watched UFCs actual cards .. i don't read mma news or watch the embeddeds or listen to podcasts. so i think following all of that stuff is a personal choice
Same, it's too much content without a unified purpose. Though the best single digit TUF seasons were often very entertaining

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/xhkDqVS.jpg

Goons are trash and a putrid forum culture is the reason why nobody new registers. At best you're 30+ year old failed twitter "comedians" and tolerate this pig because he has the same normie sports hobby as you do.

I.N.R.I posted:

The actual UFC cards have the same balance though.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

*~ayoo comin thru~*

Odddzy posted:

The wrestlers literally put the system in place because kids were dying cutting weight less than ten years ago. The UFC could do something, they just don't care.

Cool, honestly didn't know. Seems nifty.

Things seem kinda cyclical with the b-leagues. I followed em back when Strikeforce was in it's prime (lol), then they got bought out and the UFC monopolized all the talent for a while. Meanwhile JMMA got sketchy as hell mostly in the 2010's. And I kinda stopped paying attention to anything except the UFC. Now things are in a place again where it seems like there's a lot of interesting stuff going on in em again.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at Nov 19, 2018 around 13:06

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

Tezcatlipoca posted:

The actual UFC cards have the same balance though.

Lol

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

2nd domestic violence incident we've had this year. This time, the fighter was hospitalized with a broken orbital bone and her fight in January is probably off.

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/stat...385282802425856

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

I bet against K-1

Rigel posted:

2nd domestic violence incident we've had this year. This time, the fighter was hospitalized with a broken orbital bone and her fight in January is probably off.

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/stat...385282802425856

Dana's gonna have someone killed over this. No one hurts his tiddy fighters and gets away with it.

«25 »