Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

So I'm in on this as well despite not knowing anything about Baseball really and only having OOTP for about 2 weeks. I managed to win the 2019 World Series with the Twins so I'm probably more knowledgeable than 50% of MLB front offices.

My team is currently 13-4 which I suspect is down to getting Mark McGwire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I picked up a new pack this morning and got Barry Bonds. I should change the name of my team to BALCO Mutants.

I'm 26-12 before sticking Bonds into the lineup. I've been more fortunate with the starting pitchers I have with 1 Gold (Glavine, Braves 1991), 1 Silver (Cone, Royals 1994), and 2 Bronzes (Arrieta from the Phillies and 'Unsung Hero' Bob Buhl from 1957).

biglads fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Nov 5, 2018

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

The Pristina Cevapcici are currently 10-3. My #1 Pitcher, Glavine has a 4-0 record, Barry Bonds has hit zero homers so far, McGwire has 2.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

So I'm currently running 60-48, 1/2 a game back in the Division and looking good for a playoff spot currently. I ditched Bonds as he was a bit of a defensive liability and the 20,000 points gave me a load of packs, one of which included Historical All-Star LF Cliff Yastrezemski who is rated 96. I've also switched McGwire to DH as he couldn't defend either.

UPDATE

Lost in the Championship Series game in the Rookie League after winning the division handily. Got promoted to A league ball along with a few others from my Rookie League (more than 4 so I'm not sure what they did for promotion).

Currently smashing things up with a 41-17 record, leading the division by 10.5 games and the 2nd best record in the league.

biglads fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 14, 2018

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

tadashi posted:

I'm enjoying Perfect Team more than I thought. I like that it just runs without me having to remember to do anything and I can just login and collect my winnings whenever I get around to it.

I also like that this is like a video game version of Let's Remember Some Guys

It seems like the best way to spend points is to bank them and then buy the best player you can afford at auction? Packs give me like 1 useable player each time...

That's the way I've been playing it. As time goes on the price for Gold & Diamond level players seems to be dropping so I think I'll be able to round out my roster so the lowest OVR is 80 in the next couple of weeks. Once I'm at that point then I will go back to buying packs instead of using the auction house as there's always the possibility of pulling the 'Perfect' cards which are still crazy prices (and I expect will remain that way) at auction. I did get a 100 OVR Barry Bonds card from a pack in the beta.

EDIT

Here's my current roster. All the starters are now at least 80 OVR.

biglads fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Dec 28, 2018