Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

pop punk posted:

and is getting into horticulture.

Well at least she's smart enough to go for a stem degree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop punk
Jun 26, 2018

:420::420::420:

Gaunab posted:

So like how hot is your grandma?

Idk. I wouldn’t go for it, but she is also my Grandma.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Kuato posted:

Both of my grandmas are dead. God how I envy them

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
My grandma is turning 95 this month, I guess she stays healthy/alive by being feisty and opinionated. Just say the name "donald trump" and she will start raging about what a dick he is

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
One of my grandmas was a racist and the other was a drunk racist

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Sounds like a good grandma, OP.

Both my grandmas are dead now. My mother's mom was the kindest and most selfless person I've ever known and she spent the last hours of her life trying to cheer up the rest of us who were with her at the end.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
is she gonna live long enough to pay off her student loans

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I thought OPs Grandma was cool until I found out she was only 55. I feel ripped off

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

pop punk posted:

Visiting her this morning to drink coffee and she couldn’t really talk because she has to finish like three text books by the end of the month. It is amazing to see someone who could choose to eat Reese’s Pieces and binge watch stuff up at 9am nose in a book tackling an entire new field. I love her.

If anyone is interested she was the head an an accounting department and is getting into horticulture. Literally getting to live twice.

This is my brag about my Grandma thread.

My one grandma burned to death and my other one has decided to become a huge racist post retirement so sounds like yours is doing pretty well comparatively

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The only remarkable thing I can say about my grandma is has a massive list of the best stores/gas stations to poop in between pittsburgh and orlando. Each one has like a paragraph describing the overall experience and a time/date. If you are ever driving anywhere remotely similar to that route, she will make a copy of it for you. It hasn't been updated since I think 1995 or so though so it's probably not even accurate anymore.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The only remarkable thing I can say about my grandma is has a massive list of the best stores/gas stations to poop in between pittsburgh and orlando. Each one has like a paragraph describing the overall experience and a time/date. If you are ever driving anywhere remotely similar to that route, she will make a copy of it for you. It hasn't been updated since I think 1995 or so though so it's probably not even accurate anymore.

I don’t like the combo of this post and your name

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

504 posted:

Since becoming senile my grandmother has become inexplicably spectacularly racist.

It's pretty funny

She’s probably always been racist but no longer has control over the brain valve that was holding it in.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

504 posted:

Since becoming senile my grandmother has become inexplicably spectacularly racist.

It's pretty funny

I can picture a dignified looking grandma shuffling aound the mall, dropping N-bombs as she passes the Orange Julius in the food court on Saturday afternoons. She should be filmed for an HBO series.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

I can picture a dignified looking grandma shuffling aound the mall, dropping N-bombs as she passes the Orange Julius in the food court on Saturday afternoons. She should be filmed for an HBO series.

I could have sworn that place went out of business but I’m even more confused after looking up the workbase

quote:

Number of locations: 5,700 (2008)

Number of employees: 2,362 (2008) (less than 1 person per store)

:psyduck: what do they work on appointment or something?

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Aesop Poprock posted:

I could have sworn that place went out of business but I’m even more confused after looking up the workbase

:psyduck: what do they work on appointment or something?

does it count stand alone stores or their joint stores with dairy queen?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mycroft Holmes posted:

does it count stand alone stores or their joint stores with dairy queen?

I have no idea I just laughed at the statistic and copied it. They have joint stores with Dairy Queen?? That seems weirdly redundant

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
My paternal grandmother was a team driver with her husband, my granddad. She was the first female trucker west of the Mississippi.

She died as a result a three pack a day cigarette habit. My granddad also died as a result of her smoking, but he died first.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Genesplicer posted:

My paternal grandmother was a team driver with her husband, my granddad. She was the first female trucker west of the Mississippi.

She died as a result a three pack a day cigarette habit. My granddad also died as a result of her smoking, but he died first.

He died from 2nd hand smoke first? drat that's gotta be a guilt trip.

pop punk
Jun 26, 2018

:420::420::420:
Massive update. I think she might actually be like 60. Also after googling her she wrote a book I was not aware of about leading teams. My Grandma is full of secrets.

Also my great grandma was very racist and I was very punk and political so I spent the last decade of her life ignoring her. I wish I did not do that.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

pop punk posted:

Also my great grandma was very racist and I was very punk and political so I spent the last decade of her life ignoring her. I wish I did not do that.

Racism is bad. You did the right thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
my mom is almost 70 and she still runs circles around me and drat near anyone, she's an inspiration. her homeowners association sent her a letter bitching about her DirectTV dish and she called me up about how they're a bunch of idiots and cackling with glee about looking up state laws on the internet that say no, actually she can have that dish and there's fuckall they can do about it and all about the letter she was writing to tell them in very polite and excruciating detail how they could go shove it up their collective rear end. also she let me and my boyfriend be a couple of homo bums in her house for a year or so when we were having hard times and treated him like a second son. i love her so much :3:

Neutrino posted:

Racism is bad. You did the right thing.

actually it's terrible to miss out on time spent with your family unless they treated you like utter garbage, good people can have ignorant ideas and you only get so long to spend with them. they'll be gone faster than you think.

Mimesweeper fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Nov 13, 2018

• Locked thread