Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thank you to the OP for pointing me toward burger tokens. The tokens and deck boxes are A+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The only way I could see multiple large creatures not being awful to play would be if you had a heavy archiving deck.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I signed up for a display sub through Covenant. The next set has me really excited. I’m hoping to play vault tour events at origins and GenCon this year.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2020/4/16/play-keyforge-for-free/

Fantasy Flight put some Mass Mutation decks up as print and play for anyone who wants to try out some of the new stuff during the shutdown.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I still play on TCO, but that's getting less and less frequent, mostly because I'm bored of playing against Saurian decks every single time.

Was planning on trying to do tournaments at Origins and GenCon but that obviously fell by the wayside.

If things ever calm down I'll probably get way more into it. I kept my Covenant sub though. I'm pretty interested in trying out MM.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sab669 posted:

That's cool that they acknowledged it, at least! Gives hope for an official online client, too.

They shuttered that entire division of FFG.

They could outsource it or license it but I’d imagine they just let TCO do its thing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I sincerely hope they do it, I just don't have a ton of faith in FFG getting that done tbh.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I can’t imagine they’d tease it if they weren’t actually working on something. Whether that something ever sees the light of day is an entirely different thing.

It seems like a pretty big cost to take on initially and FFG’s ownership seems totally counter to anything like that right now.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I got my display box in the mail today. I ordered through Covenant.

Looks like the distribution in the boxes might have the same issues as before because 11/12 decks had Untamed.

Got two Niffle Kong decks though

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sab669 posted:

FFG is apparently already announcing the next set tonight? And will have a gameplay stream this Saturday? I guess Covid delayed the release for MM which is throwing things off, but it seems pretty premature to announce the next set in the same month that one set just came out...

Do you guys foresee them ever removing Enhancements from a set? I think it's great fun so far and I think I'd be happy for it to remain pretty permanent. It's not well rated, but I'm especially enjoying this deck Blade, Orange Center Naturalist which has 10 Damage Enhancements and 3 Seeker Needles. It's fun to play against Logos/Shadows decks with weak creatures, but gets creamed by Sanctum-Saurian decks.

I believe they said it’s coming out in February.

I’m sure it’s far in development since it was supposed to be an early November release.

It’s weird to announce this soon after MM but I get it given everything going on.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The digital game should be a massive benefit to KeyForge if done right. The game is perfect for an online implementation.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/news/keyforge-ghost-galaxy-asmodee-acquisition/

quote:

Asmodee has sold the KeyForge card game and intellectual property rights to a new company managed by Christian Petersen, the founder of Fantasy Flight Games. The dormant card game will now be owned by Ghost Galaxy Inc., a new company founded by Petersen that is developing a "next generation software engine" for developing procedurally generated card games similar to the system that generated KeyForge's decks. Ghost Galaxy has also brought on several of the original principals involved with KeyForge's first run at Fantasy Flight Games. Ghost Galaxy says it will announce news about the future of KeyForge in the coming weeks.

Very optimistic about this news.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ghost Galaxy and Petersen are really hanging their hat on the game so I expect them to make it work.

The constructed play thing sounds more like a way to just monetize what some people are already doing rather than being a central focus or anything.

We’ll see how things turn out but I’m cautiously optimistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LifeLynx posted:

Had a friend over and we played for a while. He did the Kickstarter, so hopefully he'll be getting decks of the new set in January. What a great game. I'm half tempted to snipe some of those Black Friday clearance deals to get some old decks for like $2-3 a pop. Is there a reason Age of Ascension decks are so cheap? Was it just overprinted? I'm having a hard time finding Mass Mutation and Dark Tidings discounted anywhere.

We did play Solforge Fusion beforehand, which made Keyforge's gameplay even better. Solforge Fusion isn't a bad game, but the bookkeeping on it is miserable. Every time you play a card, you have to search your side deck for the next higher level version of that card and pop it in your discard, and then your spells/creatures get banished once they resolve/die, respectively. It means you're constantly riffling through your set aside cards and not paying attention to the game, and you're getting five new cards each turn so you have to process a lot of new information every turn. Definitely don't get it if you're thinking Richard Garfield was trying to do something similar to Keyforge.

The hate for AoA is a bit overboard IMO. The biggest problem is there was just nothing different. It’s really just more of CotA and it was overprinted.

The other sets had smaller runs and offer new houses and mechanics so there was more interest.