Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Matt HUghes wife offers for him and his degenerate brother to run a train on her for his birthday and he starts spasming, foaming at the mouth, crying, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/jimmysmithmma/status/1063986515649462277

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dan Didio posted:

Matt HUghes wife offers for him and his degenerate brother to run a train on her for his birthday and he starts spasming, foaming at the mouth, crying, etc.

lmao

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
this sucks a lot

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

overweight is best base for mma

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
looked like she tried to tap twice before herb finally picked up on it

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

the night of the many, many taps

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

They should have scrapped this fight.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Wise Learned Man posted:

those were 100% Brazilian taps

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Wise Learned Man posted:

I thought so too

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The best base for MMA: Nearly dying at weigh ins

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Mechafunkzilla posted:

those were 100% Brazilian taps

This. She was right to hold on for sure

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
if a brazilian taps your arm once they're telling you to squeeze harder

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's the rationale behind the Brazilian MMA commission overseeing the fights here in Argentina? I must have missed that explanation on the broadcast.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Is that a tattoo of Al Capone on Canetti's leg?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Mekchu posted:

What's the rationale behind the Brazilian MMA commission overseeing the fights here in Argentina? I must have missed that explanation on the broadcast.

It might be hard for an american to understand but all south american countries are actually the same.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Mekchu posted:

Guessing Argentina doesn't have a athletic commission that covers combat sports/only boxing so they pay/license the Brazilian commission for their events.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
This Cannetti character is bringing it.

Edit: Holy poo poo, did I just cost him the fight?

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

That was fun!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
drat those were good knees and strikes against the cage.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was a great comeback from a lackluster 1st Round for Vera.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

This Cannetti character is bringing it.

Edit: Holy poo poo, did I just cost him the fight?

Yes

That was an amazing reversal of fortune

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

the best use of cheating i've ever seen in my life. how they managed to get a new fighter onto the stool between rounds and sneak out the other piece of poo poo fighter that was losing without anyone noticing was masterful

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Those knees were deliciously brutal got dang

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

rip guido mcgregor

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Mekchu posted:

State athletic commissions are an American thing and the Brazilian one was manufactured so the Brazil UFC shows don't get mistaken for street fights.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Carth Dookie posted:

Yes

That was an amazing reversal of fortune

drat. Sorry, Guido.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Cannetti was a cockbag on TUF, while Vera has a daughter who couldn't smile until her father had given enough men concussions.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

how many languages does joe rogan speak

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

it feels like it's been so long since i've seen max blessed holloway fight

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Fat Jesus posted:

how many languages does joe rogan speak

One.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
It's a little weird hearing Joe talk about "if we get the Joanna who..." I feel like that Joanna show up and just get beat. I don't remember thinking she performed poorly.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Half

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Mekchu posted:

Argentina is not exactly a hotbed of MMA, so they probably either do not have an AC, or an AC ready to oversee MMA.

Usually the UFC self-regulates in these situations, but they MUCH prefer to have some kind of government oversight. I imagine Brazil and Argentina worked out a deal so that Brazil has jurisdiction over any regulatory issues that arise from a fight (appealing a result, some kind of crazy assault after the bell, etc)

The advantage for the UFC is if a national government (or a state government in the USA) fines you and says you can't fight for a while, its hard to appeal that, but if some random private company fines you and says you can't fight for a while, then its a hassle for the UFC to defend if the fighter contests it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

It's a little weird hearing Joe talk about "if we get the Joanna who..." I feel like that Joanna show up and just get beat. I don't remember thinking she performed poorly.

I think Joanna is the most consistently good female fighter in the UFC. Dominated her division for ages and spent way too long in the shadow of Rousey IMO.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

I think Joanna is the most consistently good female fighter in the UFC. Dominated her division for ages and spent way too long in the shadow of Rousey IMO.

I miss Miesha.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Carth Dookie posted:

Do you think she was overshadowed by Rousey? I never thought of it that way, but that might be true. I definitely feel like Joanna shows up game-ready every single time. I wonder if Joe is falling back on the stock promo takes bag, or if he actually thinks we've been seeing a downgraded Joanna.

Edit: Also, did I hear the phrase, "a recent fight against Nate Marquardt?"

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Joanna has only recently slightly learned to pronounce things in a comprehensible way so there's that.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Do you think she was overshadowed by Rousey? I never thought of it that way, but that might be true. I definitely feel like Joanna shows up game-ready every single time. I wonder if Joe is falling back on the stock promo takes bag, or if he actually thinks we've been seeing a downgraded Joanna.

Edit: Also, did I hear the phrase, "a recent fight against Nate Marquardt?"

I remember that Joanna was systematically dissecting her opponents late in Rousey's successful period but didn't attract nearly as much hype and advertising. Maybe it was partially the language barrier, but I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

this card is really quite terrible