Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

rodbeard posted:

Bullet storm is just a quirky gears of war. It loving sucks.

hmm, yes, the game where you run around and kick enemies into spikes/pits and has a built in combo system that rewards you for finding new and exciting ways to kill people is just the same as the game about hiding behind waist high walls 24/7. not at all a retarded take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Good.

I'm glad of it.

I think more people involved in the making of UnrealEngine 3 should follow his example, having had to wrangle with that poo poo for months, in the current year. There's literally poo poo like "if (GearsOfWar)", in the deepest engine code. 50% of the documentation are 404s and apparently always have been.

Just stop it Cliffy, you are not qualified.

Go home.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

psyman posted:

Lawbreakers sold fairly poorly so I think it’s reasonable that his studio could only afford a small severance, and maybe that guy was on a different pay structure to other employees. We don’t know the full picture I think.

the performance of lawbreakers doesn't change that he paid his employees for weeks and then claimed he paid them for months. is there some reason you're jumping to the defense of rich game devs or are you just cliffy b irl?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol cliffy b

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I posted it as a link pages ago but I guess that is too hard so

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Remember that one time something awful forums user "CliffyB" declared that the age of consent should be lowered to 14?

oh dope fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Nov 19, 2018

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Mooey Cow posted:

Good.

I'm glad of it.

I think more people involved in the making of UnrealEngine 3 should follow his example, having had to wrangle with that poo poo for months, in the current year. There's literally poo poo like "if (GearsOfWar)", in the deepest engine code. 50% of the documentation are 404s and apparently always have been.

Just stop it Cliffy, you are not qualified.

Go home.

But is it better than Unity

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

oh dope posted:

Remember that one time something awful forums user "CliffyB" declared that the age of consent should be lowered to 14?

:chloe:

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

oh dope posted:

Wasn't he something like 16 when he posted that?

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

BexGu posted:

Wasn't he something like 16 when he posted that?

According to wikipedia he was born in 1975, so probably not

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I can't believe anybody is putting down Bulletstorm, a goofy rear end shooter where you can steer sniper rifle shots into an enemy's dick or pull off a dude's butt armor and shoot his rear end

A game where Jennifer Hale yells "If you follow me, I will kill your dick!"

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Mooey Cow posted:

holy lol

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

But is it better than Unity

I haven't seen the source code for Unity and everyday I pray to all gods in the world that I'll never have to.

But UE3 is definitely much much worse than Unity in every conceivable way.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Cliff Bleszinski, more like Fails Quite-Quickly!

timn
Mar 16, 2010

Skypie posted:

I can't believe anybody is putting down Bulletstorm, a goofy rear end shooter where you can steer sniper rifle shots into an enemy's dick or pull off a dude's butt armor and shoot his rear end

A game where Jennifer Hale yells "If you follow me, I will kill your dick!"

To which the main character responds "Buh..wuh...I'll kill your dick!"

Seriously, what's with the goon revisionism trashing on Bulletstorm? The game has always been an awesome underrated gem.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

oh dope posted:

:carol:

Also Bulletstorm owns

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Turning off the lawbreakers servers without patching in a LAN or p2p option is a real dick move. Cliffy B should be ashamed of himself. This is why I never buy anything that's always online.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

timn posted:

Seriously, what's with the goon revisionism trashing on Bulletstorm? The game has always been an awesome underrated gem.

I played a beta for Bulletstorm and it was neat, I was more of dissing it because Randy Pitchford is a piece of poo poo.

Probably unfair to Bulletstorm on my part. :shrug:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

timn posted:

Isn't it completely unplayable now

I feel like a reasonable basic requirement for a game being good, is that you can start and play it

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Isn't it completely unplayable now

I feel like a reasonable basic requirement for a game being good, is that you can start and play it

No they fixed it and added (superimposed) Duke Nukem for some reason, it's still a solid shooter.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

I played a beta for Bulletstorm and it was neat, I was more of dissing it because Randy Pitchford is a piece of poo poo.

Probably unfair to Bulletstorm on my part. :shrug:

Randy Pitchford does indeed suck. Bulletstorm is great

In conclusion, video games are a land of contrast.

Also, apparently the studio was Swedish or something and didn't really fully understand how vulgar they made the script til Steve Blum and Jennifer Hale were like "wow uh...this sure is a script, guys"

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Kak posted:

why does every new game have to look like a nick jr cartoon

Don't buy Nintendo consoles?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Kak posted:

why does every new game have to look like a nick jr cartoon

video games are for kids

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Flannelette posted:

No they fixed it and added (superimposed) Duke Nukem for some reason, it's still a solid shooter.

oh cool I never actually got around to trying it before the drm broke

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 19, 2018

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i liek video game i play red dead redemption and i shoot the cool guns at the bad guy!!! (:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Oh. Oh

I owe Bulletstorm an apology. I was thinking of DOA turd Battleborn, by Gearbox Software. I didn’t actually play Bulletstorm, I’ll have to check it out.

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man

Skypie posted:

Randy Pitchford does indeed suck. Bulletstorm is great

In conclusion, video games are a land of contrast.

Also, apparently the studio was Swedish or something and didn't really fully understand how vulgar they made the script til Steve Blum and Jennifer Hale were like "wow uh...this sure is a script, guys"

it was a collab between Epic and People Can Fly of Painkiller fame

also Bulletstorm owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlg8gdfmWgA

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Entorwellian posted:

gently caress even Richard "ultima" Garriot got to go into the international space station in outer space!

His nickname is Lord British not "Ultima" you weirdo!

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Jim Long-un posted:

it was a collab between Epic and People Can Fly of Painkiller fame

also Bulletstorm owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlg8gdfmWgA

Man I wish we could get a Bulletstorm 2

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsOpy8JrgKk

I will never get tired of Steve Blum trying to be Jack Black

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Bulletstorm was good and fun and free for me so it gets my seal of approval.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Oh. Oh

I owe Bulletstorm an apology. I was thinking of DOA turd Battleborn, by Gearbox Software. I didn’t actually play Bulletstorm, I’ll have to check it out.

After lawbreakers and radical heights no one will fault you for associating cliffyb with failure

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Skypie posted:

Man I wish we could get a Bulletstorm 2

EA owns the rights so if it does ever happen it's guaranteed to be terrible

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Dude should have just kept updating UT99 we wouldn't need any other video games

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

old beast lunatic posted:

Dude should have just kept updating UT99 we wouldn't need any other video games

I'd give Cliffy B a few bucks to make some new UT99 maps and mutators. unfortunately UT99 is from a forgotten age when you could host your own server and upload your own custom skins (rather than winning them in a premium loot box). no game exec would ever allow it

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Hell Yeah posted:

the performance of lawbreakers doesn't change that he paid his employees for weeks and then claimed he paid them for months. is there some reason you're jumping to the defense of rich game devs or are you just cliffy b irl?

I'm sure he paid his 17 year old girlfriend who worked at the company several months of severance pay so maybe he's partially right

3 week dev guy should have sucked CliffyB off more

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Jim Long-un posted:

EA owns the rights so if it does ever happen it's guaranteed to be terrible

Bulletstorm: ROYALE, drop into an irradiated hellplanet and survive. Trick shots must be learned from DEAD ECHO drops (loot boxes)! VoIP will be forced to always-on voice activation, no PTT option, no way to mute others!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
also I think anyone badmouthing Bulletstorm ITT is either A) a soulless idiot or B) mistaking it for another game entirely

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

also I think anyone badmouthing Bulletstorm ITT is either A) a soulless idiot or B) mistaking it for another game entirely

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I didn't know there has a hidden Bulletstorm fandom on SA.

It was just some entertaining but entirely forgettable shooter. I got it for like ten or fifteen dollars and it was ok I guess. I finished the game and I honestly can't recall anything about it other than your spaceship blowing up in the beginning and the move where you lasso enemies in and then kick them.