Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you post on 4chan?
Yes
No
Used to
GOKU
View Results

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Remember Epic Fail Guy? This is him now.

Not much has changed, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
'Started', lol.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

When was the last time 4chan did something good like go after the Steubenville police or doxx an animal abuser? 2011?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7liYfhRgXGk

E: well, there are actually more recent examples listed here:
https://www.ranker.com/list/times-4chan-made-the-world-better/jacob-shelton

E2: they also always start rumours that result in hundreds of broken iPhones, like when they said you could charge iPhone 6 by heating it up in a microwave. Some people consider it a good thing, I guess.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 19, 2018

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CJacobs posted:

That's fair. I suppose in general it's a combination of anonymity + no consequences for your actions, not just one or the other. If you get banned on Twitter, or 4chan or whatever, you can just reset your IP and sign back up in 2 minutes. Compare with SA for example, if you get banned you're suddenly $10 in the hole.

Uhm, Lowtax is foreverially hell-banned from twitter. He can't re-reg even from a different country, lol.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

And with another 20, it's a numberwang!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

BurningCourage posted:

Here in the UK we have a group called "Gays Against Sharia" who are about the closest thing we'll get to actual gay neo-nazis. All they do is march "against Sharia" while buddying up with other fringe extreme-right groups in the UK. Super racist gays are totally a thing.

Tommy English, an ex-leader of EDL's LGBT division, was miraculously cured of gayness a couple of years ago.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I've heard people who work on the tweeest of cartoons, like Steven Universe and such, still go on 4chan and even occasionally leak stuff there, and their fans there civilly engage with them. In conclusion, 4chan is a land of contrasts.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It was really, really funny when posting cartoon ponies made absolutely everyone on the entire troll hive lose their poo poo and whine to the mods every single time. It was trolling on easy mode.

Pissing in an ocean of piss.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm against free speech. That's why I joined SA, where speech is paid.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Anime is bad.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I guess people who frequented the beer hall where Hitler and other nazis organised their putsch, could have just gone to a different pub instead of complaining about nazis taking over their favourite place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

esperterra posted:

doxxing was a thing on 4ch long before /pol/ so it's never gna truly go away. But it didn't used to be malicious (overtly malicious, that is. any doxxing is dumb and bad even if you're doing it for a 'good' cause or what the gently caress ever) 99% of the time like it is now.

/pol/ is cancer cut it out or burn the whole thing down or both

I remember when 4chan doxxing was about ordering forty cheese pizzas to your address, not, like, swatting and other serious poo poo.

Boards dictate what people the site attracts as a whole, and boy you don't want to attract more /pol/ types. And it's not like Lowtax never removed certain subforums. People can barely stand D&D, imagine if we still had LF, lmao.

E:

Is this a duckroll?

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Nov 28, 2018

• Locked thread