Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

monkeytennis posted:

Same. Also I say “lol if you don’t get Enrique to do it” when someone is describing a chore that needs doing.

:same:

And in general wishing SA smileys were available everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Yeah, I'm 100% guilty of "Just lol if you _______ in TYOOL *current year*"

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I usually don’t realize that chud and TYOOL and poo poo like that are sa jargon until someone points it out

They aren't. They were created and popularized outside SA long before they took off here. TYOOL is so old and well-worn that chuds dismissing people who say it with "it is current year" (in the same cadence as "orange man bad") has already been a thing for a long time on other websites.

Just because SA, the only website you spend any time on, is the first place you saw something doesn't mean it was created there or responsible for spreading it.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's what most construction sites are these days. Hispanics pouring hot tar into a middle-aged woman's rear end. It's why there's so many delays.

it does explain a lot, true.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

They aren't. They were created and popularized outside SA long before they took off here. TYOOL is so old and well-worn that chuds dismissing people who say it with "it is current year" (in the same cadence as "orange man bad") has already been a thing for a long time on other websites.

Just because SA, the only website you spend any time on, is the first place you saw something doesn't mean it was created there or responsible for spreading it.

*adjusts glasses* in fact i think you'll find that medieval scholars first perpetuated this 'meemee'.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Guy Mann posted:

Why are you so angry every time you post

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Ok so why does no one who isn’t here know what I mean when I say chud though?

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Ok so why does no one who isn’t here know what I mean when I say chud though?

Because it's still a term primarily used by the terminally online.

There is also the author Peter Chudd who is a right wing moron as played by great comedy writer James Colley.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Guy Mann posted:

It's Ebaum's World though, right? They have the watermarks and everything!

:v:

Somfin posted:

Why are you so angry every time you post

It's one of the ways SA has ruined them.

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
I sometimes have lucid dreams where I control what happens, but I can only keep that up for 2 minutes before waking up. After saying "Whoah I'm omnipotent for the next 2 minutes", I immediately whip out my phone and start reading the forums. The posts that appear there, holy poo poo they are the most amazingly hilarious things I have ever read. Can’t remember any of them as I wake up though.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Can't remember the last time I said baby instead of babby

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Phyzzle posted:

I sometimes have lucid dreams where I control what happens, but I can only keep that up for 2 minutes before waking up. After saying "Whoah I'm omnipotent for the next 2 minutes", I immediately whip out my phone and start reading the forums. The posts that appear there, holy poo poo they are the most amazingly hilarious things I have ever read. Can’t remember any of them as I wake up though.

I use this time to watch better endings of shows that were canceled years ago with endings I didn't like

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Phyzzle posted:

Can’t remember any of them as I wake up though.

They say that if a goon ever achieved a true dreampost, it would spell the end of the forums, and potentially civilisation.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"holy poo poo piiiiiiiiiiiss" has to be one of the dumbest ways to react to the unexpected, which is why of course my brain elected to immediately place it among my top five go-tos the moment after I heard it for the first time, thanks to this place

:piss:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Pastry of the Year posted:

"holy poo poo piiiiiiiiiiiss" has to be one of the dumbest ways to react to the unexpected, which is why of course my brain elected to immediately place it among my top five go-tos the moment after I heard it for the first time, thanks to this place

Sudden Javelin posted:

Can't remember the last time I said baby instead of babby

:same:

Also "new [some object place person] looking kind of [vague pejorative]". I can't stop.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Guy Mann posted:

I try to not assume phrases like that were created on SA, but a while ago (and just now) I googled it, and essentially the only results were SA and Reddit. So, even if it wasn't created here, it appears like goons are the majority of people who use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Pastry of the Year posted:

I've got the same with 'HOLKY gently caress'