Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

SA has shown me a great many things. Before SA I didn't know about horse diapers, pozzing neg holes, or people who want to get crushed to death by giant buff furries. (I did know about furries, but not that particular depravity.)

Today, I saw someone standing by their car with an empty wheelchair. My thoughts, directly transcribed, were,"Dear God, please don't let him pull out a realdoll."

He, of course, merely folded the thing and put it up. He wasn't some weirdo on his way to a creepmeet. He was just helping a live human.

I later told my husband this, who then sagely replied, "Realdolls ride up front."

We are both busted by SA. How has SA warped your brain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Goddammit, how did I gently caress up my thread title this easy. Well gently caress.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

It let me read yo

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I can't read or hear "69" without automatically appending "Nice."

I had to go to a funeral a few weeks ago and every time someone said "So-and-so passed away at the age of 69", I mentally went "Nice."

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Noice

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
my entire sense of humor and most of the core of my being has been permanently warped by more than a decade spent staring at these dead grey forums. there is an entire section of my brain allocated to remembering poo poo like how caro came to spend five years in a syrian torture pit or who the gently caress 'doobie' is. i will never be a whole or complete man.

chernobyl kinsman has a new favorite as of 22:23 on Nov 18, 2018

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
It made me start playing maplestory so i could be in the goon squad back in college which led to me spending several thousands of dollars on their version of lootcrates. Me and my goon roommate had a pretty absurd amount of used 50 dollar nexon cash cards we kept in a display box to remind ourselves of what degenerates we were, but all we had to do to feel better about it was sit together with our sick-rear end rare cute chairs that could be sold for billions of mesos.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

1stGear posted:

I had to go to a funeral a few weeks ago and every time someone said "So-and-so passed away at the age of 69", I mentally went "Nice."

Lol

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I can’t think of :siren: without being reminded of “Solve the Mystery of the Internet Whore,” which in retrospect was a mildly misogynistic and homophobic search to doxx the person who was carrying on a long-term AIM chat relationship with forums user pitbull (the person was presenting themselves as a woman living in/near the college town OP lived in; supposedly they were a man he was acquainted with via a couple of parties they’d attended). This was in 2005? before social media or smartphones were available/ubiquitous. Also the origins of :master: - which I also can’t read without thinking of this a little. It’s the thread that finally got my :10bux:

chernobyl kinsman posted:

my entire sense of humor and most of the core of my being has been permanently warped by more than a decade spent staring at these dead grey forums.

:geno:

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

my entire sense of humor and most of the core of my being has been permanently warped by more than a decade spent staring at these dead grey forums. there is an entire section of my brain allocated to remembering poo poo like how caro came to spend five years in a syrian torture pit or who the gently caress 'doobie' is. i will never be a whole or complete man.

This

One of my friends found out about Groverhaus via twitter recently and I talked about it for so long she was clearly getting bored but I wanted her to know every ridiculous detail

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I just can’t stare into a distended anus anymore.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Playing Acrobabble (a game where you are given a set of letters and have to make a sentence and then everyone votes on which one is best) with goons years ago has made it so that whenever I hear an acronym I basically just play the game in my head and come up with new words and they're always weird and hosed up.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Sometimes I worry that my sense of humour is 20 years younger than it should be.

Like my contempories make Frasier-like droll comments about Wittgenstein and I am laughing at poop jokes.

Heh. Poop.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Married a goon

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Read too much CSPAM, now I occasionally just thoughtlessly mutter, "TRUMP!" If I'm alone and get annoyed by something or something stupid happens. My wife heard it one time and I had to explain the whole:

TRUMP! *click*

thing to her.

Basically I'm permabanned user Trumperstomper58, etc etc, but for reals.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Flint_Paper posted:

Married a goon

Same, and most of my local social circle where I live is goon-based.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
While recovering from knee surgery, my doctor asked me if I had stairs in my house. I told him I was protected.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I literally look at maybe three sites a week including this one because I don’t know why I’d go to another place

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

N. Senada posted:

I literally look at maybe three sites a week including this one because I don’t know why I’d go to another place

Same, this is my home on the internet.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
i use :v: loving everwhere and reply with "same" way too much

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Ignimbrite posted:

i use :v: loving everwhere and reply with "same" way too much

"Same" is a general internet culture thing so you dun have to blame SA for that.

Unless you want you, in which case go nuts.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
currently going hog wild

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Back in like 2015 I was going through a really bad time mentally and latched on to the disturbing glee you could find in the annual Everest threads. People treating the annual death toll like an actual spectator sport and roundly mocking the Candian lady who trained on a very low grade mountain and died during descent. It made my friends really uncomfortable when I talked casually about all the horrible deaths. That was a dark time.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Flint_Paper posted:

Married a goon

Engaged to a goon.

... Oh, wait, this thread is about ways SA has RUINED us. Well in that case, I can't look at any 2x2 panel comic layout without automatically trying to parse it as "loss.jpg".

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
For the longest time when I had a song stuck in my head I'd sing it as "doobie dog, doob, dogger" in various combinations.

Now I just make up lyrics about eating rear end which doesn't require telling people the story of that swamp rear end southern sausage slinger.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Im gay irl and should get angry when people use "gay" as a pejorative for obvious reasons but love it and use it ironically all the time bc "dead gay comedy forum" is so funny to me for some reason.

Like, if a 4chan or reddit user called their site that I'd be skeeved but SA is legitimately a whiny millenial babby safe space and we chase out and ban all the shitheads who would ACTUALLY use gay as a pejorative.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Well in that case, I can't look at any 2x2 panel comic layout without automatically trying to parse it as "loss.jpg".

Same.

E: being frustrated at the lack of smilies to truly express myself in other places, like wanting to reply to something on Discord with a :psyduck:.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I basically can't enjoy things that are popular in public.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Ignimbrite posted:

currently going hog wild

:same:

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

cult_hero posted:

While recovering from knee surgery, my doctor asked me if I had stairs in my house. I told him I was protected.

I was house sitting recently and while I was trying to navigate her cramped, pitch black basement staircase I found myself muttering, "This bitch is protected as hell".

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

1stGear posted:

Lol. I always comment on how that's one of the funny numbers

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Seeing dickbutt in the wild yesterday caused some introspection. (Really well drawn on a dry-erase board too. I wish I'd gotten a photo of it.)

MourningGlory
Sep 26, 2005

Heaven knows we'll soon be dust.
College Slice

spog posted:

Sometimes I worry that my sense of humour is 20 years younger than it should be.

Like my contempories make Frasier-like droll comments about Wittgenstein and I am laughing at poop jokes.

Same. I'm well into my 40's and my sense of humor is permanently hosed from long term exposure to SA. My 14 year old nephew appreciates my cutting edge humor, my coworkers not so much. Basically I've ruined my social life.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

My county's sheriff was named Chad Gay and I can't say his name without mentally adding "so what"

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Nostradingus posted:

My county's sheriff was named Chad Gay and I can't say his name without mentally adding "so what"

Doing gods work

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

When I want to navigate to the forums on my web browsers I type "fo" into the url bar and, for some reason, it automatically suggests this page:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3783195

Every so often I'll read the thread so now I've read that thing like 20 times. Thanks SA.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
When I see the phrase "gently caress" I think it's about loving.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I automatically assume any 4 panel comic is a loss edit.

Someone at work was talking about a miscarriage and for some reason the phrase " your poison womb is making heaven to crowded" .

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I see goatse everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
i stopped capitalizing words and using punctuation, which given what SA used to be like about that poo poo, is p.funny

also using constructions like p.funny and v.good, neither of which describe my posting